Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've heard of no one that has been refused an extension due to ones landlord not reporting. If you can show a link I'd be most happy. No see, no believe.

You may find it a little different when it comes to do your annual extension. Might be best get it done before then in the hope they then overlook it.

I personally have direct knowledge of more than one person being refused an extension because of a lack of a TM30.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I take it your condo block is managed. The condo manager/owner is the one responsible for reporting TM 30's.

Can I publish the link to this quote?

I am the owner !!!!!. 

Condo block managers are not the owner, manager or possessor as per section 38 of the immigration act and are not required to submit TM30. Some may offer the service  but are not required by law.

Section 38 : The house master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Section 4 “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever.

59 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Section 4 of the immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever"

A 'House master is to do with houses. Not condos.

Do landlords in Thailand need to notify Immigration if they rent to foreign tenants?

Short answer is yes!

When renting to a foreign national, irrespective of the length of stay (I.e. 1 Month or 3 Years) it is the responsibility of the landlord to notify Immigration. This affects both Thai and Foreign landlords, who are required to notify authorities within 24-hours of the tenant moving-in.

Landlords failing to do so are subject to a Penalty Fine.

So what does the law specifically state?

According to the 1979 Immigration Act, it is stated that:

“House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.”

You may find it a little different when it comes to do your annual extension. Might be best get it done before then in the hope they then overlook it.
There have been literally thousands of reports from Chaengwattana of Extensions being refused until a TM30 report is made. Try searching this Forum and the ThaiVisa Facebook group.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

A 'House master is to do with houses. Not condos.

Rubbish, its a generic term for the occupier of a property, I am listed as the housemaster in my Tabiean Baan, and its a condo.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I am the owner !!!!

You only own part of the interior. Nothing more. The person/manager who oversees the running/maintenance is the person who is supposed to report for you. Somewhat similar to an hotel. 

In condominium townhouses, the purchaser owns only the interior, while the building itself is owned by a condominium corporation. The corporation is jointly owned by all the owners, and charges them fees for general maintenance and major repairs.

5 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Do landlords in Thailand need to notify Immigration if they rent to foreign tenants?

Short answer is yes!

When renting to a foreign national, irrespective of the length of stay (I.e. 1 Month or 3 Years) it is the responsibility of the landlord to notify Immigration. This affects both Thai and Foreign landlords, who are required to notify authorities within 24-hours of the tenant moving-in.

Landlords failing to do so are subject to a Penalty Fine.

So what does the law specifically state?

According to the 1979 Immigration Act, it is stated that:

“House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.”

A landlord can be a foreigner (as written in your quote) and any long term tenant is the "head of a household" (as written in your quote) and as written in section 4 of the immigration act.

1,000s of forieigners are required to do TM30s, and getting fined for not doing them, everyday. To say its not a foreigners responsibility is a ridiculous statement and contrary to what is written in the immigration act.

Any foreigner not staying in a hotel is either the owner, housemaster or possessor of a property, and thats who is responsible for a TM30.

What if you left the country for a quick trip to a friends wedding (Bali) and came back to an address is already your place of residence... is a 30 and a visit to IM still required? Been at the same address for 3 years and report to same office every 90. Been asked this question countless times and have no idea what to say.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

do you think they're exempt?

From my understanding they are exempt. The condominium owner of the whole block is the one responsible. That's part of the managers responsibly to notify immigration of foreigner staying in the building.

1 minute ago, iamariva1957 said:

What if you left the country for a quick trip to a friends wedding (Bali) and came back to an address is already your place of residence... is a 30 and a visit to IM still required? Been at the same address for 3 years and report to same office every 90. Been asked this question countless times and have no idea what to say.

A TM30 is required for every stay at every place by law, there are no exceptions via the law. The only thing that changes is if your local office will enforce it. Do you need to do a TM30 on return, YES. Will your immigration office check or enforce, MAYBE.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

1,000s of forieigners are required to do TM30s, and getting fined for not doing them, everyday.

No they are not. Many probably do pay a fine out of ignorance. And are too scared to refuse.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

From my understanding they are exempt. The condominium owner of the whole block is the one responsible. That's part of the managers responsibly to notify immigration of foreigner staying in the building.

Can you show where this is written in the Act or immigration orders ????? NO, because its not. 

There is no law that says the condo block is responsible for doing TM30s.

Seriously, STOP posting shit thats not true.

here is the law, there is no other law, does it say the condo manager is responsible ????

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No they are not. Many probably do pay a fine out of ignorance. And are too scared to refuse.

Do you even live in Thailand, have you been to an immigration office in the last 6 months.

I have been fined for not reporting, 

AND

the reciept said "failure to report alein under section 38 of the immigration act"

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And just like house tenants, if the owner can't or, won't do it, the renter has to.....condominiums included. There is NO difference.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

And just like house tenants, if the owner can't or, won't do it, the renter has to.....condominiums included. There is NO difference.

yes thats right because under the immigration act the renter is the house master

Section 4 “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever"

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

yes thats right because under the immigration act the renter is the house master

Section 4 “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever"

Not true at my office, unfortunately.  They insist on a copy of the tabien baan.  If it were easy to do myself I would just register for the app and do it.  It's the running around getting signatures and copies that makes the process a pain in the proverbial.  Having said that I will register online anyway before I next leave the country, get the landlord to give the stuff one last time, then use that process.  It seems not to be too exacting.

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Not true at my office.  They insist on a copy of the tabien baan.  If it were easy to do myself I would just register for the app and do it.  It's the running around getting signatures and copies that makes the process a pain in the proverbial.

Registering for the app, even as the possessor, only requires copy of blue book and your ID.

No matter who reports they usually want copy of blue book, it doesnt mean you are not the possessor/housemaster.

Usually its just a document to identify the property, document to show an association to the property and they dont actually care who is reporting.

some immigration offices do not extend Non-Imm-O visa before all paperwork is completed. If the landlord does not cooperate, you can only leave Thailand before overstay is adding up. The TM30 procedure is an absulute  mess.

IMG_20190807_101909.jpg

4 minutes ago, hagai said:

some immigration offices do not extend Non-Imm-O visa before all paperwork is completed. If the landlord does not cooperate, you can only leave Thailand before overstay is adding up. The TM30 procedure is an absulute  mess.

IMG_20190807_101909.jpg

Number 9 must be brown envelopes!

5 minutes ago, hagai said:

IMG_20190807_101909.jpg

TM30 isnt on that list ?

10 hours ago, Lupusthai said:

Many thanks, but unfortunately it tells me this app is not available in your country even though I'm searching here in Thailand. Could it be because my device is registered with Google France, where I also have a home? Do you know what I can do about that other than re-register it in Thailand, which I don't want to do. Use another device registered with Google here? But I don't need another device, especially just for that! My wife repeatedly breaks or loses hers so I've stopped getting her new ones.

8 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Many thanks, but unfortunately it tells me this app is not available in your country even though I'm searching here in Thailand. Could it be because my device is registered with Google France, where I also have a home? Do you know what I can do about that other than re-register it in Thailand, which I don't want to do. Use another device registered with Google here? But I don't need another device, especially just for that! My wife repeatedly breaks or loses hers so I've stopped getting her new ones.

Yes, you need to switch to the thailand store. Some other threads running about the app mention how to get around it.

The website would be better than the app for you as you can do that from any computer

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Registering for the app, even as the possessor, only requires copy of blue book and your ID.

No matter who reports they usually want copy of blue book, it doesnt mean you are not the possessor/housemaster.

Usually its just a document to identify the property, document to show an association to the property and they dont actually care who is reporting.

Yes, thank you.  I think I now actually have all the documents required to register in hand.  I won't be leaving the country until next March so plenty of time.

35 minutes ago, hagai said:

some immigration offices do not extend Non-Imm-O visa before all paperwork is completed. If the landlord does not cooperate, you can only leave Thailand before overstay is adding up. 

Yes, I did a 60d extension to non-imm O at Jomthien before switching to elite and off to the milking station with the wife it was. That was after 10 years of staying with extensions without a mention of TM30.

3 hours ago, oslooskar said:

That's strange? I just did my 90 days report last week on the first and there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a TM.30 form. In fact, I was in and out of immigration in less than 2 minutes and the only paper I submitted there was a TM.47 form.

Not at Chamgwattana. You will wait hours.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Ask Thais to sign it, should be 10000 signatures within 24 hours. Plenty of frustrated Thais who rent out property.  

They'll just not rent to farangs, problem solved, no need to sign anything.

Archived