Biden leads Democrats as minorities favor most electable candidate vs Trump

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, neeray said:

I'll take the bait but my money is on Michelle Obama. Even though she emphatically says otherwise, I think she'll cave in, in fear of another 4 years of Trump.

OMG, would that ever be refreshing. A mature adult with first class decorum and common sense back in the Whitehouse. Somebody who actually thinks before she speaks or acts. A president who really, really knows how the wheels of politics turn.

Please Michelle, throw your hat in the ring !

I for one would love to see her run. The country needs the comedy.

17 minutes ago, Longcut said:

I for one would love to see her run. The country needs the comedy.

I still think Hillary will swoop in and save the day at the last minute. She's been exonerated so there is no reason not to. I think the dream team would be Clinton-Booker, or maybe Clinton-Mueller.

13 hours ago, mogandave said:

I still think Hillary will swoop in and save the day at the last minute. She's been exonerated so there is no reason not to. I think the dream team would be Clinton-Booker, or maybe Clinton-Mueller.

I have the same feeling about Clinton waiting things out with the primary and watching everyone kill each other off. This way she can swoop in as the savior. 

This would be great for DJT since he already crushed her once and now she is so much weaker than last time - remember the #MeToo movement was not around and good 'ol Bill is numero uno on that list. Also lets not forget his 20+ trips and palling around with the pedophile Jeffery Epstein. The Clinton's have a whole new train load of baggage to carry. And there's plenty to come out about the Clinton campaigns dirty dealing with the Russian Dosier that started the whole Mueller mess. 

I really hope she gets into the race - it will be comical watching her again. And we get four more years of Trump!! I can't wait.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, bristolboy said:

Your recall is bad. Fivethirtyeight.com the gold standard of aggregators gave Trump a 28%chance

I do recall and MSNBC also had the path outlined with a clear chance of the upset. The unspoken supporters did surprise me I admit. Sad day these thieves pulled it off. But all is fair in love and war and I accept the reality.

Why are the Dems putting forward the two oldest crusty out-of-touch dinosaurs they can find? Jeez man, the US doesn't need grandpa thumping his fist on the table about the kind of stuff these two believe ... facepalm. If you want to beat Trump then get some 50 year old candidate that has some understanding of the modern world. Nutjob Bernie and Creepy Joe are not the answer as they are out-of-touch but just the next in-line when it comes to superiority, not ability. 

24 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Why are the Dems putting forward the two oldest crusty out-of-touch dinosaurs they can find? Jeez man, the US doesn't need grandpa thumping his fist on the table about the kind of stuff these two believe ... facepalm. If you want to beat Trump then get some 50 year old candidate that has some understanding of the modern world. Nutjob Bernie and Creepy Joe are not the answer as they are out-of-touch but just the next in-line when it comes to superiority, not ability. 

Bernie has already faded and been replaced with Elizabeth Warren. Maybe keep current before commenting. Also in the running are Kamala Harris and a few others that aren't ancient. Biden is being looked at closely as possibly/probably too past his prime to take this on. 

The "dems" as you put it haven't put ANYONE forward yet! It's early in a very competitive PRIMARY process. The candidates running have put themselves forward. 

Thanks for not providing any data to back up your assertion. Par for the course you play on.

Thanks for your well thought out response.

Perhaps I could mimic you and post a link to a poll that has nothing to do with what we are talking about and then blame you that it doesn’t.

Did you watch or hear it? Do you really think he’s a contender?

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Thanks for your well thought out response.

Perhaps I could mimic you and post a link to a poll that has nothing to do with what we are talking about and then blame you that it doesn’t.

Did you watch or hear it? Do you really think he’s a contender?

You mean a poll on the relative standing of the various candidates would have nothing to do with this thread. And you think it's your reaction, or for that matter, it's my reaction, that is determinative?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Bernie has already faded and been replaced with Elizabeth Warren. Maybe keep current before commenting. Also in the running are Kamala Harris and a few others that aren't ancient. Biden is being looked at closely as possibly/probably too past his prime to take this on. 

The "dems" as you put it haven't put ANYONE forward yet! It's early in a very competitive PRIMARY process. The candidates running have put themselves forward. 

Absolutely right!!

The democrats have not put anyone forward yet,

this is what this is all about .This is the process of selecting who the democrats will put forward, and as such it is pretty early in the process. 

I am not sure if the first democratic primary (caucus)  I know it is in 2020 and for those who have not noticed we are in August 2019 , in political terms the first primary is a lifetime away. And even when that comes, it is the first of many , Bill  Clinton came a distant third in the first 1992 Iowa caucus Tom Harkin won first place.  Where was Harkin a couple of months later? where is he now? Most of as don't even know who he is.

Long Way to go, perhaps none of these candidates will be standing and someone who is not even in the political radar now,  will be the front runner by then. 

I like Elizabeth Warren she is a fighter and she is genuine.  And would like to hear more from Tom Steyer .

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Joe would enter office at 78. There has never been an American president that age let alone just getting started. Between the gaffs and credible stories in main stream media about his family's influence peddling Joe is self destructing. It was a mistake for him to run. Last cycle would have been better. 

i think people are absolutely insane. i really do.

just imagine for a second what people are saying and thinking... they actually like one candidate over another, but, the one they do not really like has a better chance to beat trump.

if that does not sound insane to you then you need a checkup.

voting for the candidate you do not even like?!

and who the <deleted> is kidding themselves! we cant predict the weather, you think people can predict who will hold up well against trump. that is an absolute joke too. nobody knows which candidates will do relatively well against trump. 

as if we do not already have enough problems now people are voting for candidates they do not like. if you are going to do that, why even vote? it completely defeats the purpose. 

On 8/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, usviphotography said:

I'd agree Biden is a dead man walking. Just too old. The primary season has barely gotten in to swing and his staff is trying to hide him as much as possible, and yet he's still managed to display a worrying degree of age related mental decline in the limited time he's been in public. No way he survives the full onslaught of a primary campaign, and that is actually good for the Democrats as the last thing they'd want is a feeble old man sneaking through and then facing off against Trump. Warren has definitely improved her standing tremendously. Harris has not impressed. Unlikable even in comparison to Warren and seems to have a lot of "non-woke" baggage from her days as a prosecutor. Bernie dropping out and offering his endorsement to Warren after the first few primaries could be enough to push Warren through to the nomination. 

But I'm in agreement with Michael Moore that none of these candidates stand much of a chance against Trump and the best option for the Dems for somebody new (like Oprah) to throw their hat in the ring at the last minute. 

What happen in 2016, minorities stayed home ,despite the urging of black celebs to come out and vote. It was a old white lady and now its a old white man  preaching the same old rhetoric

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

What happen in 2016, minorities stayed home ,despite the urging of black celebs to come out and vote. It was a old white lady and now its a old white man  preaching the same old rhetoric

To be fair, the frontrunners on both sides are old. Too old I'd suggest.

Joe would enter office at 78. There has never been an American president that age let alone just getting started. Between the gaffs and credible stories in main stream media about his family's influence peddling Joe is self destructing. It was a mistake for him to run. Last cycle would have been better. 
It's not really about the number per se but the clues that he's got troubles. He's always been prone to gaffes so that makes it somewhat harder to judge. But that is a big issue for democrats now. If he's nominated which is very possible the age thing will be mitigated by who he'd be opposing.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i think people are absolutely insane. i really do.

just imagine for a second what people are saying and thinking... they actually like one candidate over another, but, the one they do not really like has a better chance to beat trump.

if that does not sound insane to you then you need a checkup.

voting for the candidate you do not even like?!

and who the is kidding themselves! we cant predict the weather, you think people can predict who will hold up well against trump. that is an absolute joke too. nobody knows which candidates will do relatively well against trump. 

as if we do not already have enough problems now people are voting for candidates they do not like. if you are going to do that, why even vote? it completely defeats the purpose. 
Lots of people like Biden plenty. Especially African Americans. Which is why he's still the favorite to be nominated. Not my favorite but the favorite.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, usviphotography said:

But I'm in agreement with Michael Moore that none of these candidates stand much of a chance against Trump and the best option for the Dems for somebody new (like Oprah) to throw their hat in the ring at the last minute. 

IMO Michelle Obama would be the only new candidate with a chance.

I'm not surprised she has not as yet declared an interest in the poisoned chalice, but I'm sure there are those trying to get her to run.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Michelle Obama would be the only new candidate with a chance.

I'm not surprised she has not as yet declared an interest in the poisoned chalice, but I'm sure there are those trying to get her to run.

I couldn't image a better way to prove one's profound unfamiliarity with the US election process than to be bruiting about Michelle Obama as a potential candidate at this juncture.

Archived