TM 30 online registration only for hotels or house owners who rent out their house

3 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

While the TM 30 is a problem in itself, Royal Thai Immigration needs to be kept being told the inconsistency in enforcement needs to be forcefully addressed from Bangkok headquarters directly to each regional immigration chief officers.

I think this inconsistency is wanted,it opens the doors for kickbacks.

16 hours ago, kkpat said:

Peterw42.

My point was they will not give to single user.

Why does the registration form have the option of applying as an 'individual' (single user), or as a 'juristic' person then.

Why as a foreign, was I and others registering as a single user, accepted and issued a user ID and password.

I don't know what the fuss is about. My wife and I built the house we live in. The house is in my wife's name. My wife went to the TM30 website (https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/), registered and received a user name and password a few weeks later. She is now able to log in and record a TM30. We have yet to actually fill out and submit a TM30 since we haven't travelled anywhere since but will do so once we make a trip somewhere. As far as I can tell the process is relatively straightforward. Good luck.

reply to Tanoshi.

Yes I am aware of that, I applied online end of May, still waiting. I just report my experience when I asked at Jomtien about user name and password. Seems some are getting easily, others not so.

24 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Seeing you are having no joy I hope  you sign the TM 30 petition started on TV by some keen farangs looking to exterminate this archaic report?

Those who sign are not only ignorant of the purpose of the TM30, but were probably ignorant of a law that's existed since 1979.

There's an easier solution if you don't agree with the laws in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Those who sign are not only ignorant of the purpose of the TM30

The purpose of the TM30 is to provide Orwellian monitoring of individuals' movements.  It's perfectly possible to know this and still sign.

Does any other major tourist destination treat its guests like this - like criminals? I suspect not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I applied online a few days ago, when I 'check status' it says 'waiting for confirmation email' (Bangkok-based). 

Is this confirmation email the one that says my application was accepted (I got a pop up saying application accepted when I registered) or is it the one that provides a password?

I'm just wondering if I am waiting for one or two emails before I can access the site. No emails have been received at all so far.

17 minutes ago, Oxx said:

The purpose of the TM30 is to provide Orwellian monitoring of individuals' movements. 

Of course it is, been so since the instigation of the Immigration Act 1979.

If you didn't bother to research the Immigration conditions imposed on foreigners and accepting said conditions, before arriving here, who's fault is that, OR, as is the usual case, I just found out after living here for 5, 10, 15 years and was previously ignorant of the facts, so I'll sign a petition.

From Immigrations standpoint, bearing in mind most nationalities can enter Visa exempt, Thailand gets more than it's fair share of criminals on the run, who want to disappear from the radar.

When you enter you complete a TM6 with your 'supposed' residential address, then when you actually arrive at said address, the responsible person advises Immigration via TM30.

If a foreign completed a TM6, then no notification of a TM30 is filed, those would be the foreigners that I'd be treating with suspicion, or trying to track down.

If your genuine, what's the problem!

Didn't they recently capture two of the suspected terrorist bombers, because they were stupid enough to stay in a hotel that filed the TM30's.

47 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Does any other major tourist destination treat its guests like this - like criminals? I suspect not.

How many other major tourist destination offer Visa exempt entry and had over 38.27 million tourists in 2018. That's 735,961 per week.

33 minutes ago, sussex said:

Is this confirmation email the one that says my application was accepted (I got a pop up saying application accepted when I registered) or is it the one that provides a password?

It's an email containing a link for you to click on to confirm your email address is correct, before they approve your registration and send a user ID and password.

If you haven't received said email after a few days, I'd check you entered the correct email in the registration process. That initial email is usually received within a matter of minutes, or hours, not days.

Edited by Tanoshi

The problem is not that the housemasters not want to report using TM30. The problem is that they not want to report over and over again the same person as this particular person still stays at the same address. The immigrations database already know the address, so no reason to report again. It does not help in any kind to suppress criminality. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

The problem is not that the housemasters not want to report using TM30. The problem is that they not want to report over and over again the same person as this particular person still stays at the same address. The immigrations database already know the address, so no reason to report again. It does not help in any kind to suppress criminality. 

Why do they have to report over and over again unless they frequently leave and re-enter the Country.

It takes 15 minutes or less to file online, is that such a hardship.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Why do they have to report over and over again unless they frequently leave and re-enter the Country.

Regardless if you travel inide thailand or make a trip outside and come back to the same adress, there is no need to re-report because the adres is alrrady known by the immigration database. Whats happened actually is, that some immigrations force the housmasters to re-report, isnt it? 

Yes it is a hatdship. But if you have fun with it, please do it. There are lot of us not happy with this kind of nonsense.

Edited by schlemmi
Added some text
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

But only if the system is working.  Been waiting, as have many others, for months to get a password.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

It's an email containing a link for you to click on to confirm your email address is correct, before they approve your registration and send a user ID and password.

If you haven't received said email after a few days, I'd check you entered the correct email in the registration process. That initial email is usually received within a matter of minutes, or hours, not days.

Thanks Tanoshi. I did enter the correct email address, because I have to enter it (and passport number) to check registration status...

I wonder if I should re-register, this time with my own ID and lease (last time I registered as possessor but with landlord's ID and tabien baan). You can only upload two docs.

Edited by sussex

and another link to our on line application. 

Has anybody from the Si Racha, Chonburi area received a username and password yet?

We applied towards the end of June and received the email confirmation email within a few minutes of doing the application, but since then nothing. When I go on to the TM30 website it says 'waiting for approval', with another link saying 'Registration requires Immigration officer's approval within 7 days (working hour)' and another link to our on line application.

I've been waiting for a month now for my password and username. 

Still nothing. 

I'm in Bangkok and go to Changwatana imagration division 1 I believe. But when I check my status online it says waiting aproval from imagration division 2.

All I know is it's been alot longer than 7 working days. 

6 minutes ago, keithet said:

Still nothing. 

I'm in Bangkok and go to Changwatana imagration division 1 I believe. But when I check my status online it says waiting aproval from imagration division 2.

How many days did it take you to get the email verification email? I see that you didn't receive it immediately, like me. Did you re-apply?

35 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Has anybody from the Si Racha, Chonburi area received a username and password yet?

I assume you read the opening post from the OP.

It appears Siracha is under the impression only Hoteliers and private residences renting to foreigners can register. They don't appear to be aware the online TM30 site now allows individuals to register, even foreigners.

9 minutes ago, sussex said:

How many days did it take you to get the email verification email? I see that you didn't receive it immediately, like me. Did you re-apply?

About 24 hours. In the middle of the night. 

11 minutes ago, keithet said:

Still nothing. 

Bangkok is inundated because they previously didn't enforce the law, so are now playing catch up from 1979. Someone reported receiving the user ID and password some 8 weeks later from CW.

Others whilst waiting, have filed a TM30 by mail.

IMHO it's wrong that they are fining so many expats for not filing when they previously stated it wasn't a requirement at CW. 

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

I assume you read the opening post from the OP.

It appears Siracha is under the impression only Hoteliers and private residences renting to foreigners can register. They don't appear to be aware the online TM30 site now allows individuals to register, even foreigners.

Yes, of course I read the opening post, but the on line application doesn't discriminate between an applicant who is renting to a foreigner and one who isn't so, assuming it's Si Racha who's actually issuing the username/passwords, they wouldn't know the difference from the application itself would they.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Have you checked your spam folder.

If the username/password had been issue, regardless of the folder the email went to, it wouldn't still say 'waiting for approval' in the status section of the online webpage.????  

52 minutes ago, Oxx said:

But only if the system is working.  Been waiting, as have many others, for months to get a password.

I appreciate your frustration, but the option to file by mail whilst waiting is another option.

I'm with a small IO but still had to give them a nudge.

After receiving the initial email to confirm your email address, the approved application is then forwarded to your local IO to issue a user ID and password.

If your just awaiting ID and password it's your local IO that you need to nudge.

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

If the username/password had been issue, regardless of the folder the email went to, it wouldn't still say 'waiting for approval' in the status section of the online webpage.????  

It's a two part process.

It would be pointless sending a user ID and password to an incorrect email address, so it sends an email to firstly confirm your correct email address in the first place.

The issue of the user ID and password is a manual operation, not automatic.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I appreciate your frustration, but the option to file by mail whilst waiting is another option.

Why are you acting as an apologist for a racist/xenophobic policy which has been implemented utterly incompetently?

If the Thai authorities were really keen on tracking criminals they would have implemented a similar system for police officers, generals, politicians and Immigration officials.  They haven't.

The whole thing is a nasty farce.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

It's a two part process.

It would be pointless sending a user ID and password to an incorrect email address, so it sends an email to firstly confirm your correct email address in the first place.

The issue of the user ID and password is a manual operation, not automatic.

I know it's a two part process. As I said in my first post I did receive and acknowledge the first email. As I understand it from comments by applicants on previous threads, if the first email is not acknowledged, the application is aborted so, again, the status page wouldn't show 'waiting for Approval' would it.

4 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Why are you acting as an apologist for a racist/xenophobic policy which has been implemented utterly incompetently?

I'm not apologising for anything, least of all the Thai authorities incompetence which is well known.

I stated I understood the frustration of expats trying to comply, but other options are available.

I was aware before entering Thailand of the Immigration requirements bestowed on foreigners and it's not a question of whether I agree or disagree, but whether the negatives of all these reporting requirements out ways the advantages of the positives of staying in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I do understand that, as I'm sure others do as well. But as an example of our situation this year:

When my daughter and family came in April, they were only here for ten days and visited Korat and Bangkok as well as stopping at our house. That meant we had to spend three mornings out of the ten in Si Racha immigration. Not ideal when they're only on a short Trip.

As I've got a friend and both my sons coming in individual trips over the next few months doing on line TM30's each time would be a lot more practical.

I did spend time checking things out, then did the on line application in June, which I thought would give plenty of time to complete.

But my mate arrives in just over a week and will spend time visiting family with his wife as well as staying with us in between. It will probably mean 5-6 visits over the month to immigration just to file his stays with us. On line would take five minutes.