Thailand set to introduce visa-free travel for Chinese and Indians

webfact

Just about says it all doesn't it?

So if we take to urination in the streets. 

Defecation in taxis. 

Congregating in crowds all over the road. 

Only going to prearranged venues. 

Oh, and not to forget. 

Zero tipping. 

The Chosen Ones....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Those Indian face selling these things, salesman or salesgirl outside tailor shops, restaurent, Pantip Plaza, MBK etc etc are Burmese and not Indians. Next time ask them if they speak Burmese.

For what?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, 7 August 2019: As China and India emerge as priority targets for Thailand’s latest tourism promotions, visa-free-travel is back on the table for urgent consideration.

Desperation is setting in !

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I was out and about last night around pattaya and in all the years I have been here I have never seen the place so empty

Indians come here for a 200baht massage and a HJ,  that is it, numbers do not equal income

I asked a friend what time his bar open in soi 8.

He said,

"what time can you get here".

Times are tough. 

Some girls are saying,  have now, pay tomorrow. 

(I thought that was how it worked anyway)

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Let's get this long nosed idiot Farang out and well behaved Indians and Chinese people in. What a joke. But I can't laugh about it. 

You mean the Non-Spending Indian and Chinese 555555

A disgrace!!

So those who support Thailand every day, 365 days a year are penalised w/rules,regulations & inconsistencies , whilst "here today, gone tomorrow" tourists...... doors are thrown open!! 

Those that are not spending money and leaving a lot of garbage everywhere they go are considered for visa free travel in Thailand?!

And those that have money on Thai banc accounts or can show enough money for being able to live here, contributing to the Thai economy, are punished with complicate Visa application procedures, TM30 and fees?! 

Economical knowledge is not everyones business. If next year there will be more Chinese and Indians and less retirees and long stay "farangs" the Thai economy will suffer. I'm convinced. It's not always the quantity that assures profit! To understand that, analytical thinking and economical knowledge is mandatory.

4 hours ago, nev said:

Racist government!!,  You cannot just issue to who you think should be encouraged to come, You should offer to all no matter where they are from shame on you

Every government has the right to control its own borders in any way they deem fit.

As usual, brain dead.  Chinese and Indians need no incentive to come--they are almost right next door.  We're already over-run with them.   Gear your free visas to the tourists who have to book a longer and more expensive plane flight.  I would say this is not brain surgery but there is no brain to operate on. 

Just now, Isaanbiker said:

I'm "babbling" on the whole situation for foreigners who are allowed to spend all their cash, but aren't welcome when they can't show a certain amount of dosh. 

I do not have the feeling anymore that I'm welcome home. That was totally different 17 years ago and all was relaxed. 

Now you might reply and tell me that I'm free to leave? Sooner, or later, I will. 

i think you will get less and less responses like that, except from the people who have put all their eggs in that basket and try and tell themselves (and others) that all is well. You are right, you are not welcome anymore, Thailand has had its day and dont kid yourself it will return to the good old days. Take it as a simple new chapter, there are better places to live, chose 1, plan it and get out, I recently did. Good luck to you.

41 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

True and its a matter of choice. India does not have a pub culture, please understand that. There are clubs, disc, bars, pubs but mainly pubs are in 5 star hotel catering to foreigners in India.

Middle East (except a few) does not have drinking culture at all. So many have different priorities.

I have seen Indians spending like hell in clubs in Singapore, maybe more higher budget visitors there.

Arabs do have a drinking culture. In WS there are many very large Indian clubs where Indians and Arabs party. Both groups really love dancing....often with othet men. Thai girls love the enthusiastic dancing of Arab and Indian men.

HERE HERE Sonhia above

Its time for me to go also, had enough and I'll be taking my bank balance with me - - -- main reasons are as follows:

--IMMIGRATION tops the list, its shocking how they treat people who live here, especially around VISAs O and OA plus the pathetic 90 day reporting and TM30, which is borderline communist big brother

--Traffic - 1 hour to go 8.2 KM's today! and it was off peak and not central Bangkok tired of wasting hours on badly designed roads which go all over

--Lack of care when driving, crazy in other words, and the motorbikes don't give a shit (U-turns / Round abouts / pavements)

--Lack of English in the capital city, Cambodia has a better spread of good English for tourism

--Poor Hygiene, rats everywhere

--Very poor public transport

--Inflated Bhat, not an attractive retirement plan

I wish all the remainer's good luck because you'll need it as its getting harder with bigger bank accounts required, and its clear the government don't like you, as your not Chinese or Indian which is my final point, this Country is deeply racist, more than any other SE Country I have worked, traveled or lived in - its quite shocking!!

Thailand is very sad to say - killing itself, and is far from being the "land of smiles' of yesteryear and are oblivious and too arrogant to see around them (TAT) its collapsing.  I always recommend Vietnam and Cambodia and use Thailand for Transit only or use Singapore as the cost of goods is far better - not worth the hassle here now.

That's my 2 bits, feel free to troll as I have disabled 'Notify me of replies' - this is my opinion of which is one of the very limited liberties I have here...

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

Increase of crapping and pissing in the streets (and trains) expected to be around 1000% year on year. 

Having lately seen, first hand, several indians urinating in the middle of the street, I see no problem as long as a capable drainage engineer is hired,

to design and install suitable channels, to transport such waste to the nearest treatment plant, if they can find one ????

4 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Having lately seen, first hand, several indians urinating in the middle of the street, I see no problem as long as a capable drainage engineer is hired,

to design and install suitable channels, to transport such waste to the nearest treatment plant, if they can find one ????

Don't forget the Chinese...

9 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Great ! we just need more people $hitting in the streets in front of everybody !

Come on, don't be so fussy!

They are millionaires if not billionaires! Those premium quality tourists contribute so much to the Thai economy, so they may dump a load wherever they like. ????

11 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Don't forget the Chinese...

That photo turned out to be a Thai, not Chinese. Everyone is fast to blame Chinese for public pooping, just like the Chiang Mai pooper who also turned out to be Thai.

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Sound like that you racism thailand? Or not?

You lived in Surin right? 

Why a farang want go to live in Surin? Mmmm. 

Maybe a “girlfriend”? mmmm

You meet this woman in Surin or in Pattaya? Did she love you?

Now you have broken heart right? And she have a house in Surin? 

You say “a lot of money” and “effort”

Is she a fool? Or who? 

anyway. Good luck with the new life Sonhia. 

I hope you get happy one day.

Dear miss yinn, this is the first time I comment here in this website,  but i must say that your answer to the man who comment about typical thai mentality,  show he is right!! .

yes generalized about a total nation and people it negative,  but your answer to this man you don't know ! And don't know his life circumstances, show that he is right to feel like this.

your answer is arrogant!  And show underestimate to foreigners that live in Thailand,  most members here are expat and not tourist , they live in Thailand and contribute to the country. 

But you show that you think that all foreigners in Thailand are stupid old man, that merried a prostitutes from Pattaya or issan, 30 years younger then them , only for money and not for love, and being deceive by these ladies.  

Not everyone live here, is like this, many foreigners are young also and have normal relationship with working thai ladies,  normal thai ladies  in there age. 
healthy relationship ( and not "rent s wife ") .

Not everyone come here for prostitutes,  not everyone old  and not everyone is a fool that loos is money to a young prostitute or poor lady  who deceive him .

it show that you think bad on the foreign community in Thailand,  thet they all the same, and underestimate them as fools .

this is racism and arrogance from you, not from all thai people,  from you ! You comments here and try to defend thai people but you do worst, you show yourself as racist that think bad on all foreigners, 

and also if you think a thai lady that deceive a foreigner in relationship for his money is smart,  so I rest my case. 

Many thai ladies look for a healthy normal relationship with a foreign man , not every lady is like you describe,  and not every foreigner.  

So think about this next time before you insult someone,  make your case with smart argument, not attack. 

Take care benny .

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Let's get this long nosed idiot Farang out and well behaved Indians and Chinese people in. What a joke. But I can't laugh about it. 

The kerbs full of shoit, taxes and trains full of pee, all you can eat buffets in a dreadful mess, four straws stuck into one glass of beer, yes bring in all the well behaved Chinese and Indians.:cheesy:

16 minutes ago, Grayowl said:

Dear miss yinn, this is the first time I comment here in this website,  but i must say that your answer to the man who comment about typical thai mentality,  show he is right!! .

“Typical Thai mentality” 

is that you again Sonhia

yes generalized about a total nation and people it negative,  but your answer to this man you don't know ! And don't know his life circumstances, show that he is right to feel like this.

your answer is arrogant!  And show underestimate to foreigners that live in Thailand,  most members here are expat and not tourist , they live in Thailand and contribute to the country. 

Read Sonhia old comments. 

But you show that you think that all foreigners in Thailand are stupid old man, that merried a prostitutes from Pattaya or issan, 30 years younger then them , only for money and not for love, and being deceive by these ladies.  

No. I didn’t say anything about prostitution. You imagine that. Read again.

Not everyone live here, is like this, many foreigners are young also and have normal relationship with working thai ladies,  normal thai ladies  in there age. 
healthy relationship ( and not "rent s wife ") .

Not everyone come here for prostitutes,  not everyone old  and not everyone is a full that loos is money to a young prostitute or poor lady  who deceive him .

I didnt say prostitutes. I said Pattaya and Surin. Why you think like that? Mmmmmm

it show that you think bad on the foreign community in Thailand,  thet they all the same, and underestimate them as fulls .

this is racism and arrogance from you, not from all thai people,  from you ! You comments here and try to defend thai people but you do worst, you show yourself as racist that think bad on all foreigners, 

and also if you think a thai lady that deceive a foreigner in relationship for his money is smart,  so I rest my case. 

Many thai ladies look for a healthy normal relationship with a foreign man , not every lady is like you describe,  and not every foreigner.  

Can you show my quote? 

So think about this next time before you insult someone,  make your case with smart argument, not attack. 

Take care benny .

Goodluck Sonhia.

51 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

I wish all the remainer's good luck because you'll need it as its getting harder with bigger bank accounts required, and its clear the government don't like you, as your not Chinese or Indian which is my final point, this Country is deeply racist, more than any other SE Country I have worked, traveled or lived in - its quite shocking!!

I personally don't care much if the government likes me or not....I prefer the women, not the government ????

Seriously, I can't really understand some of the TVF posters - they seem to be trying to prove all the time their worthiness to the country, especially how much they have spent and contributed. I personally would try to spend here as little as I can get away with. Do you think that when the tourists book holidays their prime concern is how much they would contribute to the country they would visit? Absolutely not. 

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

“Typical Thai mentality” 

is that you again Sonhia

Read Sonhia old comments. 

No. I didn’t say anything about prostitution. You imagine that. Read again.

I didnt say prostitutes. I said Pattaya and Surin. Why you think like that? Mmmmmm

Can you show my quote? 

Goodluck Sonhia.

Lol , sorry to disappoint you but I not this man sonhia , my name is benny and I clear this already. 

You continue to be aggressive,  and instead of answering properly,  you accuse me by being that man and using another name, ( that hilarious)  , so sorry I not him and I stand by my remarks. 

I live in bkk, I am 40 have great girlfriend  in my age for long time now, from good thai home, thet work good job, normal relationship,  not rich, and our relationship not revolve around money,  normal,  so sorry to disappoint you I am not sonhia.

good luck and take care yourself 

If they want more tourists they need to sort out the thaievisa website which is atrociously user unfriendly! Not even the email address they provide on the home page to message for help works. Messages get returned for 'security' reasons. It is an absolute farce!

6 hours ago, nev said:

Racist government!!,  You cannot just issue to who you think should be encouraged to come, You should offer to all no matter where they are from shame on you

Hmmm....That means UK, USA and most western countries have been racist for years!

Archived