Thailand set to introduce visa-free travel for Chinese and Indians

webfact

The reality is that making the Indians and Chinese get a VOA is considered racism when other races (that being you) don't require a VOA.

Yet, Thailand lifts the VOA requirement and they are still called racists.

The triggered barstool brigade again showing their "superiority" and "prejudice" towards other races....

The only racists here are YOU.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is bad news, not why you think.

Millions of Indians and Chinese could afford 800k  for a retirement visa deposit

and they are not wanted here long term. Failure to understand this is a symptom of white privilege. Standby for  increase in such requirements, which may be drastic.

The chinese will Sweet n Sour them and the Indians will bombard them with with Mandala and create a real Vindaloo...just doesnt make senses to me...those 2 countries are the Top Cheap Charlies.....Ting Tong !

They tell me Massage Shops dont want to massage Indians because they smell and Chinese because they dont give Tips.

33 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

Morons. Tossing out the cream and scraping the bottom of the bucket.

I don't know about the cream, but here in Samui the businesses just love the Chinese. In the restaurants they spend way more than farangs, eat for no more than an hour, and never complain about the food being expensive. The Central festival is full with them too. 

20 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What's next? Every visitor from China or India getting a King Power cash voucher worth 5,000 baht? They must be desperate now...

Not vouchers but mango and sticky rice.

After the boat tragedy, Prawit told the media it was a case of "Chinese doing it to Chinese".

He then felt sorry about that statement and gave them 5 tonnes of sticky rice and mango.

And then they wonder why the Chinese are getting tired of Thailand.

Source: Google: Rice and mango banquet no way to show 'we care' - Bangkok Post.

14 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

This is bad news, not why you think.

Millions of Indians and Chinese could afford 800k  for a retirement visa deposit

and they are not wanted here long term. Failure to understand this is a symptom of white privilege. Standby for  increase in such requirements, which may be drastic.

They can block that by not issuing non-immigrant visas, which are a requirement for the yearly temporary extensions to the permit to stay. Probably will, I think multi entry non-imm O is already harder to get? Of course they could then apply the restriction across the board as westeners would just be small collateral damage.

Obviously do not want western / european tourists as the free visa for only Chinese and Indians is outright discriminatory !   welcome to more of the cheap package tour Chinese and the coaches  that clog up the city ! Don't see many Indian girls here only the guys looking for a quick fix on Walking Street !   We can expect more Ladyboy fights and tourist being fleeced /ripped off !  Very short sighted government !

Let's take a look at some numbers.

About june of 2018 the Yuan against the Thai baht started dropping.

It has gone from 5 baht / Yuan to 4.35 baht / yuan.

That is -.65 baht / yuan. In about a year.

That means they have lost 13% in a year.

If we take that to dollar figures. If a typical tourist spends 1500 dollars, then they have lost 195 dollars. 

The market in China is crumbling, if the yuan is devaluated more aggressively to try and offset the trade war against America? It spells disaster for Thailand without a doubt. 

Actually I am willing to bet it is already hitting Thailand very hard. 

If I were a Chinese tourist watching the currency drop and the market dropping. The last thing I would be thinking about is an over priced vacation to Thailand?

IMHO if the trade war does not end. Which at this point it looks like it is going to escalate. Then the vast majority of Chinese will be at home in mother China instead of traveling to Thailand.

Another little tidbit. The Indian Rupee is in just as bad a shape against the Thai baht as the Chinese yuan!

4 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

Read the wording

"on the table for.. consideration" 

"intends to introduce" 

"later this yea

Maybe their worried about high season not meeting predictions

Announce early the intentions so travel agents can get to work

now in China and India

14 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Obviously do not want western / european tourists as the free visa for only Chinese and Indians is outright discriminatory ! 

Most westies don't need a visa at all, they can come in on a visa waiver. That said, immigration policies are always discriminatory. And they should be. There's no room for PC in immigration policies.

Absolute racism. I'm not entirely sure of the Indian angle, but the Chinese angle is ludicrous. The Chinese may arrive in huge numbers but the import and export leakage with respect to their numbers is almost total. They fly in on Chinese owned airlines, get driven around in Chinese owned buses by Chinese owned tour companies. They stay in Chinese owned hotels and eat in Chinese owned restaurants. They spend a ton of money but very little of it affects the Thai economy.

are the people running TAT really that obtuse?

6 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Ridiculous this obsession with tourism news and daily changing numbers and statements. MS>

They are not obsessed with numbers of Chinese tourist taking a crap on their streets.

The Thais are obsessed with GREED.

There are 1.5 billion Chinese, lets hope they all show up at once and the Thais get buried in crap.

As for those of us who live here, supporting Thai families and sick buffalo, .... keep filing your TM30.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

This year’s target for tourism revenue, including domestic travel, has been set at THB3.4 trillion. Earnings from international tourists will reach around THB2.2 trillion while tourist arrivals should exceed 40.5 million.

They just seem to pull figures and stats outta their ar*e sometimes ..  their disconnection from reality is total .. 

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Seeing as 'farang' tourists get 30 day visa free entry on arrival, I fail to see how they are trying to 'get them out', in favour of other nationalities ? Unless you are babbling on about TM28/30's, which is an entirely different thing. 

Even if you come in for 30 days farangs are getting hassled for sure if here a few times a year as i was here for 8 days in june before going to vietnam and i was told by the immigration officer that he would not process me so another had to do it . i asked why no response given and i come here spend my money and go home never had a overstay and i get 2 visas a year and stay 35 days only with a visa here 4 times a year but still hassled so no wonder people go elsewhere now.

3 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

at least indians don´t get caught doing it !

i always wonder how all those indians on nana selling sex toys do it. 

like seriously. 

i cant even be a tourist here that stays a few more months than the average tourist. 

and they can sell illegal pills and sex toys in the capital 

There is no doubt an informal system of "alternative work permits", and street trading licences. Cash only, on a regular basis. No bothersome paperwork.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I was out and about last night around pattaya and in all the years I have been here I have never seen the place so empty

Indians come here for a 200baht massage and a HJ,  that is it, numbers do not equal income

Well, they can always promote Pattaya to the 'World Hub of HJs'... 

57 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Most westies don't need a visa at all, they can come in on a visa waiver. That said, immigration policies are always discriminatory. And they should be. There's no room for PC in immigration policies.

True, but In my opinion when the Chinese economy was going full steam for the last decade. The Thai's saw westerners as a threat to Chinese tourism. And implemented ridiculous immigration rules. Strictly with the intension of eliminating western presence in Thailand basically. Other than westerners with family's, no one in their right mind would want to retire in Thailand now.

This is getting interesting to watch. I am curious to how Thailand will weather this storm.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

(...)

He then felt sorry about that statement and gave them 5 tonnes of sticky rice and mango.

And then they wonder why the Chinese are getting tired of Thailand.

Source: Google: Rice and mango banquet no way to show 'we care' - Bangkok Post.

Perhaps he thought, he could appease them with 'exotic Thai food': "They have rice AND mangoes in China too?? Jing lor?"

6 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Thailand has been nothing but a waste of many years of my life efforts plus alot of money and for what?

What's keeping you here, lack of money? Start a GoFundMe project to pay for your ticket back home.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

They can block that by not issuing non-immigrant visas, which are a requirement for the yearly temporary extensions to the permit to stay. Probably will, I think multi entry non-imm O is already harder to get? Of course they could then apply the restriction across the board as westeners would just be small collateral damage.

I am interested in seeing what will happen in the next few years. My bet is that with the massive Chinese influence in Thailand the restrictions will be lifted for Chinese expats in the future. Time will tell.

Actually with so many Chinese already doing business and living in Thailand. I would imagine it is already very easy for the Chinese expat to live here with no problems and very little out of pocket visa expense.

8 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm "babbling" on the whole situation for foreigners who are allowed to spend all their cash, but aren't welcome when they can't show a certain amount of dosh. 

I do not have the feeling anymore that I'm welcome home. That was totally different 17 years ago and all was relaxed. 

Now you might reply and tell me that I'm free to leave? Sooner, or later, I will. 

RE - Now you might reply and tell me that I'm free to leave? Sooner, or later, I will. 

* Sooner or later in one way or another we will all leave both Thailand and the Earth as a Whole hopefully to a Place without corruptions, Crackdowns, visa requirements WP rules, 90 day reports, TM-7, TM-8, TM-30, TM-47 .... you name it … :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

What's keeping you here, lack of money? Start a GoFundMe project to pay for your ticket back home.

I have had a lot of fun in Thailand. Great times. I think I will start a GoFundMe project for me so I can deposit the 800K in a Thai bank..   Thanks for the tip...   haha

2 hours ago, DLock said:

The reality is that making the Indians and Chinese get a VOA is considered racism when other races (that being you) don't require a VOA.

Yet, Thailand lifts the VOA requirement and they are still called racists.

The triggered barstool brigade again showing their "superiority" and "prejudice" towards other races....

The only racists here are YOU.

VOA for me is not the issue, priority lanes for said nationalities is -> ergo racist  --- sorry for the harsh 1 line lesson.

TI.jpg

Nothing surprising. A simple reach to attract and appeal to an easy source of income from the ever  decreasing market. Nothing discriminatory.

Desperation in attempts  to sustain the lucrative  sources of foreign exchange is currently a global preoccupation in face of the stagnation of the global economy.

Quote me not advances in  stock market advances because they will in time prove the futile manipulations.

Global recession will devolve to  depression leading  to  war. The party's  over folks.

Throughout the years Thaivisa has become a complaint forum.

Thai is not racist, it's just jealous of white man.

Thais work 10-12 hours a day white man 7.5 hours a day .. therefore hatred of white man .. Thais can see themselves in Chinese and Indians for them have the same shit as themselves ...

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

Increase of crapping and pissing in the streets (and trains) expected to be around 1000% year on year. 

And the spitting and throat clearing and nose picking and more curry houses...

5 hours ago, smedly said:

everyone thinks "one coke and 5 straws" is a joke - it isn't

and yes they all pile into a single hotel room - must be fun when one of them brings a slapper back from the coconut bar - that would make a great reality tv comedy

Well, the concept of one girl and 5 ***** still applies in that context as well. No joke either

Archived