Let's settle this once and for all....Beatles or Stones?

I love both to till the death, but if someone pressed a gun to my head and forced me to choose I would have to choose The Stones. Only because my love for the Blues is way too strong and the beatles did some weird stuff later on that didnt really get me goin'. 

How about yall, is it Beatles or Stones?

somegirlsdeluxe.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, some of the Stones later stuff was absolute <deleted>, and at least most people of our age can remember most of The BEatles songs. OK granted, the Stones have been going for 50 years more than The Bs so more time to write <deleted> ! 

The deleted words are shit with an e on the end

Could it be argued that without the Beatles there may have been no Rolling Stones. The Stones first release was 'Come On' one of Chuck Berrys songs, which got to number 21 in the charts, then the Beatles gave them one of their songs 'I wanna be your man' which reached number 11. So who knows, but I prefered the Beatles as a young boy, but these days I probably like each group as much.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Most definitely the Beatles. The Stones are not even a close second. Jagger? Really? I did not like alot of their earlier music. But from the White album forward, what can one say? The music still sounds fresh fifty years later. 

White album is one of my favourite albums of all time,

What a record. It's perfection. 

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Come on, some of the Stones later stuff was absolute <deleted>, and at least most people of our age can remember most of The BEatles songs. OK granted, the Stones have been going for 50 years more than The Bs so more time to write <deleted> ! 

The deleted words are shit with an e on the end

Beggars Banquet, Let it bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Maine Street.

4 masterpieces in a row!

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Most definitely the Beatles. The Stones are not even a close second. Jagger? Really? I did not like alot of their earlier music. But from the White album forward, what can one say? The music still sounds fresh fifty years later. 

I would say that  they started developing from "Revolver" onwards mysef,which coincided with their experimentation with LSD. "Tomorrow Never Knows" etc. But The White Album is immense.

Just now, nikmar said:

Its a bit like arguing Hendrix over Clapton. Both are brilliant for different reasons.

I know it's hard dude. it's near impossible for me.

but if I was forced into it at gunpoint I would say stones every time.

They just had that attitude that the beatles wish they had!

Just now, kellersphuket said:

I know it's hard dude. it's near impossible for me.

but if I was forced into it at gunpoint I would say stones every time.

They just had that attitude that the beatles wish they had!

In the end, Id choose Beatles if only because they're from the same part of the world as me. Both have given me so much pleasure in life though.

54 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

Beggars Banquet, Let it bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Maine Street.

4 masterpieces in a row!

Please Please Me, With the Beatles, A Hard Days Night, Beatles For Sale, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, Let it Be. 

13 masterpieces in a row!

Could listen to Angie by the Stones all day - but then Hey Jude and Let it Be from the Beatles aren't far behind.

McCartneys credibility took a hit when he formed Wings (shockingly bad) and penned Mull of Kintyre which is the worst ear worm you can possibly have ! (When he wasn't writing songs about frogs)!

Why do we have to "settle this" ?  55 

I saw the Rolling Stones in 79 and Jethro Tull in 78.  Jethro Tull was better IMO.  Also the Who put on an excellent live show.  I like to hear songs performed live, so Beatles since 1969 are out of that category

I do listen to the Stones more than I do the Beatles, Tull, or the Who these days. 

Archived