Non O single entry based on retirement, region.

Reading all info I could find about above subject I am left with some questions.

There is mention that Non O single entry is available in the region... @ubonjoe @elviajero

Are all embassy and consulates issuing this visa? What are the requirements?

Looking through some websites I see mostly info for O-A....

And I am aware that I will need to and can extend within Thailand. Just need a few more months to show 1 year of income... so that is the next step for me.

Savannakhet and Penang will issue a single entry non-o visa based upon retirement if you can show 800k baht in the with proof you are retired or 65k baht income.

Vientiane want a police clearance and medical certificate. Same 800k in the bank but proof retirement is not required or proof of 65k baht income.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alsyapal said:

They used to accept a combination of pension and savings to get to the 800k baht is this now not allowed do you know ?

For a extension of stay based upon retirement it still allowed.

Not sure the embassy or consulates would though.

2 minutes ago, ToTheBeach said:

How do you proof that you are retired..?

Proof of getting a pension and etc. People have also used income proof from their embassy for a small amount of income. Some have used a statement they are retired notarized by their embassy.

Just to update...

After above info amd reading the local consulates and embassy websites I noted that the requirement for a single entry Non O in Phnom Penh were 200k in bank or 65.000 income. No other requirements mention. Other than that consul can ask for further documentation.

Applied at Phmom Penh with 2 sets of application forms. If they directly would throw out the non O application I could file for a tourist visa.

Application received, which included proof of travel to Thailand, initial 1 day hotel reservation, a future flight to Europe, bank statements (1 showing 800k and 1 showing a rather small amount).

Application was accepted and tokd to wait, it was sent to the consul. Short time later paperwork came back and I was told that for extension 800 K needed to in bank longer, which I agreed with and noted that this was the reason to now apply for NonO single entry based on retirement. Was told to return 2 days later to collect passport.

Just been advised that visa has been issued......

So it seems that with all papers in order Phnom Penh is an option for Non O issue.