Recommendations for a car / motorcycle battery charger

MrMuddle

Had a look on Lazada, but couldn't tell a good one from a bad one (I'm like that with women, too!!!)
I'm looking for a reasonably fast charger that can be used for both 12v and 6v  batteries, for cars and motorbikes.

Thanks for any help.

CTEK brand is quite well known for different both analyzers and chargers, those I used back in the "winter wonderland" of Finland, and have seen on lazada as well some MXS series ones. Dunno if they have a unit for 6V tho, but a few google searches might reveal that to you ???? 

Sidebanter: I bought an "Ultra capacitor 12V @ 1200Amp jump starter" for ~4000฿ on some shopping-hell discount day from lazada, and they're now sold for 7000฿ or over - it got needed exactly the next week when diagnosed the alternator was not charging the battery, so had to drive with that thingamabob under the hood connected to the battery for 25km in heavy traffic to the mechanic - kept the car starting even with a dead battery lol ???? 

got myself a BISON TE4-0226 at Global, about 2.000 B.
worked for me, recharges automatically adjusting amperage according to Battery charged percentage.
Moreover, indicates when the Battery is past its due date.
12 and 24 Volts this model but my bike battery 12 V so no problems.

(re wisdom of choice: experience makes perfect ;-) )

Edited by KKr
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, KKr said:

got myself a BISON TE4-0226 at Global, about 2.000 B.
worked for me, recharges automatically adjusting amperage according to Battery charged percentage.
Moreover, indicates when the Battery is past its due date.
12 and 24 Volts this model but my bike battery 12 V so no problems.

(re wisdom of choice: experience makes perfect ;-) )

Where did you buy it?  I may need one as well. Cheers mate

A CTEK is up with the best, or probably even the best. Just read reviews on CTEK 5.0.   SMART chargers will extend the life of your battery.

The battery in my 3.2L Everest is now 3Year and 8months old, I am going to change it shortly but only because the volts on starting are getting a bit low. There is a considerable difference between a charger from a Mum and Pop shop and an 8 stage SMART charger

• Thanks 1

I've bought a charger with an inverter that even let's you start a pick up with an empty battery.

I really forgot how much it was, but it's exactly what I was looking for. I found it at a local electronic shop.

The brand is STK, the model is a RK-150 C

Just found a website where they sell it for 680 baht.

http://www.bsglobaltrade.com/product/rk-150c-dc-inverter-with-charger-เครื่องใช้ไฟฟ้าราคาถูก/

For those who are in Bangkok:

Address: 143/28 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 112, Saphan Sung Subdistrict, Saphan Sung District, Bangkok 10240 
Tel: 064-539-6198 (Khun Nee)

Battery charger.jpg

Box for charger.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker

On 8/10/2019 at 3:44 PM, KhunBENQ said:

20 A, 6/12/24 V, 5 charging levels with meter.

Bought at some local mom&pop hardware shop.

1400 Baht.

Many such models around.

charger.jpg

The funny part is that there are no 24 volt batteries, they're only switched to 24 volts by two 12 volt batteries. 

No need these days for 6 volts, perhaps an oldtimer car, or motorbike.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The funny part is that there are no 24 volt batteries, they're only switched to 24 volts by two 12 volt batteries. 

No need these days for 6 volts, perhaps an oldtimer car, or motorbike.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=24v+batteries&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi1vvfVkf_jAhX77HMBHeQ7CvoQsAR6BAgEEAE&biw=1017&bih=447