Money gone

Tayida

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tayida said:

But i not understand why police act differently: if is a thai woman that had his/her money stolen they will call the swat team to catch the thief, even for just 2500 thb.

No police force in the world would take action over such a small amount.

In the UK they don't even arrest shoplifters that steal less than 100 pound/Euros.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK they don't even arrest shoplifters that steal less than 100 pound/Euros.

Compared with 100 GBP the 2.500 Baht are more. A 7/11 staff has to work one week for 2.500 Baht.

That seems quite unbelievable to me...how do business survive if everyone/anyone can just keep stealing 99 quids worth of stuff ?

Just now, johng said:
7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That seems quite unbelievable to me...how do business survive if everyone/anyone can just keep stealing 99 quids worth of stuff ?

It wouldn't be ignored if charges were pressed. The exception, in Germany at least, is 'mundraub' or mouth robbery, if you are hungry and cant pay and steal enough food to quell your hunger you won't be charged. 

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It wouldn't be ignored if charges were pressed. The exception, in Germany at least, is 'mundraub' or mouth robbery, if you are hungry and cant pay and steal enough food to quell your hunger you won't be charged. 

So  can give a try and report it?

7 minutes ago, Tayida said:

So  can give a try and report it?

English may not be your first language so I will keep it simple and say there's not a snowball's chance in hell that the police would be in any way interested in this no, don't bother.

53 minutes ago, Tayida said:

No evidence that she took and she is falang as well. So no lose time with police and say good bye to the 2500?

What else is she, besides a thief, that makes her want steal your money, junkie, alcoholic ??? There has to be a reason why she thinks that her needs are greater than yours.

9 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Went to toilet and when both her and the amount gone.

Not much detail there! Where you out and about? Where you at home? Where other people present, please paint a picture of the facts. You can't expect to get any help with such a sketchy statement!

I had a friend in Germany who lent a girl 2,000 Euros as a short term loan (I'll give it back next week) after three months she denied ever having had a loan from him so he went to the police telling them it was fraud, they just laughed, "It's a civil matter and if you have no signed proof then forget it"

I made the experience that the police is very helpful here. In western countries they just will ask you if you really want to disturb them and file a report. Anyhow - the problem is in the end you don't have any evidence that she took it even if she did. Some thieves here are so naive that they admit it. But if she is a little bit clever she will blame you that you blame her without having an evidence. 

24 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Two people in one hotel room: i was in toilet and when came out both gone.

Wow, you really don't like giving details do you? The other two people, are they both women? Where they already known to you? Do you know where they are staying? Are you 100% sure that they have stolen your money? There is too much left unsaid here.

9 minutes ago, Kosmo Smallpiece said:

The other two people, are they both women?

????

A hooker took her payment while he was in the toilet. The only question is pre or post ... boom boom not ladyboy.

31 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Two people in one hotel room: i was in toilet and when came out both gone.

You should think about this logically.  What proof do you have that she took the money?  CCTV?  Witnesses?  How can you even prove that you had 2,500 bt laying there?  If I was the police--absent of some proof--I would suggest that you're making all this up.  Thailand is the hub of insurance scams.  Consider yourself lucky.  That it was just 2,500 and not 25,000.     

To OP...In a previous post you claimed to be on overstay and heading to BKK to return to your own country. If that is the case contacting the police could cause problems.

I am on my way from Kk to Bangkok and i decided to sleep one night in an hotel in the city of Chum Pae: i am on my way back to my country but i am on 2 days overstay. Will be for one night only. Will be a risk?

1 hour ago, Tayida said:

But i not understand why police act differently: if is a thai woman that had his/her money stolen they will call the swat team to catch the thief, even for just 2500 thb.

As you know her name, just add a zero to the amount that was stolen.

38 minutes ago, Kosmo Smallpiece said:

Wow, you really don't like giving details do you? The other two people, are they both women? Where they already known to you? Do you know where they are staying? Are you 100% sure that they have stolen your money?

I not really understand your point: but nevermind. In the hotel room, not at home, was her and me. I knew her from the night before. She was not thai. Sex was not involved. I dont know where she lives. I dont her took the money, no evidence.

7 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

To OP...In a previous post you claimed to be on overstay and heading to BKK to return to your own country. If that is the case contacting the police could cause problems.

You right; fact happens the morning after going to Bangkok. Infact you right also about the problem i can face if go to report her. 

26 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You should think about this logically.  What proof do you have that she took the money?  CCTV?  Witnesses?  How can you even prove that you had 2,500 bt laying there?  If I was the police--absent of some proof--I would suggest that you're making all this up.  Thailand is the hub of insurance scams.  Consider yourself lucky.  That it was just 2,500 and not 25,000.     

You right: no proof at all.

Archived