Strong Baht - Notice the Cheaper Prices - Me Neither

Thomas J

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I keep going on about how I see it, you see it different to me obviously because my situation is not the same as yours.

I sold everything in Uk paying council tax would cancel my advantages of being in Thailand,  I can live well here on my pension even with exchange rate as it is I would not be able to do that UK.

You talk of beer in supermarkets, where have the pubs gone the Uk has become a sad place IMO. 

I don't have to accept anything people like you say, you say it's something I know nothing about, you are joking, my family & friends visit me every year and they have no praise for prices in UK.

I live in Sukhothai just like many places in Thailand there are expensive places and very cheap places, you don't seem to know much about living in Thailand.

I never want to go back England thats why ended up here thankfully.

Have good day.

I will come back to you on a couple of points as I have no wish to get into a slanging match. I feel I am well qualified to compare TH/UK because I experience both regularly. You friends who visit you will have a different perspective because they are only visiting. I am lucky enough that I only have to pay council tax, yes its a pain in the butt £1200 (single allowence) but its not life changing. There are still pubs in the UK of course there are but diminishing, you have to watch where you drink. In a Wetherspoons you can get a pint of John Smiths for £1.99 (76thb) or a pint of Carsberg £2.49 (94thb), not expensive. I agree with you about the UK being a sad place I only come back to visit my sons and play grandad to 5 grand children. Of course where you live in Thailand has an impact on your views. I have £1,600 a month company pension and will get the full state pension at 66, mine will not be frozen like yours as I have not uprooted like you have. Have a good day you too, Sukhothai it looks to rural to me, nothing to spend your money on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

Naan is a fluffy bread baked and widely eaten on the Indian subcontinent and as far as currencies are concerned i can assure you that i have more experience and knowledge in my left pinky finger than most participants of this forum.

:jap:

Well you certainly are adept at keeping that fact hidden. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hansnl said:

Beer cheap?

Much more expensive as in my own country.

Yeah beer cheaper going out and drinking in my Thai restaurant pubs than in UK unless you wanna drink out of cans from a UK supermarket and that's one more point about UK people they make me laugh, never mind food, beer, clothes, as I posted fuel cheap, insurance cheap, gov thailand hospital cheaper than going UK doctor and getting a prescription unless you are at poverty level in UK who wants or needs that.

My lecky bill here is still less a month what I paid in UK 15 years ago so go figure so who here is still illusional about UK certainly not me.

5 hours ago, jimn said:

In a Wetherspoons you can get a pint of John Smiths for £1.99 (76thb) or a pint of Carsberg £2.49 (94thb), not expensive.

More expensive than Thailand then I rest my case.

Hows you house insurance by the way, fuel prices, car insurance, electric gas whatever the list goes on.

Enjoy your flight costs too something else that saves me money. 

My Family, children, grandchildren & great grandchildren come see me in Thailand and luv their stay with me I don't have to go see them in Uk.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I luv my Chang beer my excuse is I think it has a secret drug in it making you want more. ????

nothing wrong loving Chang or any beer. but using the beer price to compare which country is cheaper is :1zgarz5:

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

More expensive than Thailand then I rest my case.

How do you work that one out? A pint of beer in a pub I am talking about. So you can get those beers at those prices in Thailand I dont think so. Sorry I forgot you live in Nakon Nowhere. You carry on living the dream mate.

Edited by jimn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

How do you work that one out? A pint of beer in a pub I am talking about. So you can get those beers at those prices in Thailand I dont think so. Sorry I forgot you live in Nakon Nowhere. You carry on living the dream mate.

You also forgot that his mom and pop shop sells the Chang cheaper than the brewer himself sells it in his privately owned super markets ( Big C ) or it is sold in Makro where the mom and pop shops buy their stuff.

It's the story about the salesman who sold herrings on the market.

He sold them each with a loss of 5 Baht, but due to the massive amount he sold each day, he still had a nice profit at the end of the day.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, plfomylo said:

hello,

Do you know what is the cheapest wine available now ?

any interesting box instead of bottles ?

thanks.

There are some "cheaper" wines but I would not suggest them.  They are practically not drinkable.  I find the Peter Villa wines to be acceptable.  They are $699 Baht for 2 liter.