non o dependent on thai cild - where?

Hello,

I have some unclear question regarding getting an non - o visa as father of a Thai child. I hppe someone can shed some light.

So, I gathered the signed copies of ID card and blue housebook of mother, original birth certificate, original fatherhood legalization document and copy of my childs passport and my passport.

Now, where could I get the non o visa? My easiest option would be Penang or even Yangoon. I read that the multiple entry is only possible in Penang and must have 800k in bank and have the child there too?

And is it correct, that I get only single entry 60 days which I could extend for another 30 days, in any immigration office, f. ex. in Phuket even the children are registered (blue book) in Chiang Mai?

Thanks!

Penang is a good option for a Multiple Entry Non O, but they only require 400K. The child does not need to be with you.

Any Non O visa gets you 90 days on entry. You can extend that by 60 days; or by 1 year (subject to meeting financials).

I doesn't matter where the child is registered.

If you are planning to live in the country and have at least 400K the best option is to get a Single Entry Non O (available at many embassies/consulates without financials). Then once in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay. When applying for the extension you need 400K in your account on the day you apply.

• Like 1

Ah, nice, thanks!

Multiple Entry Non O means I get 90 days each time I re-enter the country for basically a year?

Is it possible to get the 90 days single also without financials in penang or/and yangoon?

Can this 1 year extension based on 400k in bank also be done in any immigration (regardless of children registered location?)

14 minutes ago, MainBerry said:

Ah, nice, thanks!

Multiple Entry Non O means I get 90 days each time I re-enter the country for basically a year?

Yes. 

Also, each 90 day stay can be extended by 60 days at immigration for 1,900 baht.

Is it possible to get the 90 days single also without financials in penang or/and yangoon?

Not sure about Penang. I believe Yangoon will but that's only based on one report. Laos is a good choice for a SE Non O without financials.

Can this 1 year extension based on 400k in bank also be done in any immigration (regardless of children registered location?)

It must be done at the office that covers the address you live at. It doesn't matter where the child is registered, but they will have to be with you when you apply.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

Penang is a good option for a Multiple Entry Non O, but they only require 400K. The child does not need to be with you.

Any Non O visa gets you 90 days on entry. You can extend that by 60 days; or by 1 year (subject to meeting financials).

I doesn't matter where the child is registered.

If you are planning to live in the country and have at least 400K the best option is to get a Single Entry Non O (available at many embassies/consulates without financials). Then once in Thailand you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay. When applying for the extension you need 400K in your account on the day you apply.

The 400k on the day of application is technically right but you will find most if not all IO here insist on 400k in the bank 2 months before and up until the visa is approved. My office Khon Kaen. I don't know why they have their own rules but seems to be the way it is. I just did mine last week.

This sounds like a good option for those with Thai children.

Is there any age limit for the Thai child? My youngest child will be 21 when my Retirement extension ends next year. Would that age still enable me to qualify for this Non O option?

7 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

The 400k on the day of application is technically right but you will find most if not all IO here insist on 400k in the bank 2 months before and up until the visa is approved.

It’s certainly not all. I’ve personally done it at Chaengwattana and Kanchanaburi offices.