Outed sex monk gets a visit from immigration about reporting his address

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can imagine that the PR team at CW will certainly have a meeting over this gents actions to decide if it is bad enough to cause his PR status to be cancelled.

For it will be seen that he has somehow got through the PR teams screening process - which will no doubt have caused some loss of face to all officials involved. 

Everyone who is lucky enough to acquire PR status has it explained to them that their PR status can be cancelled if they commit a serious crime.

Let’s hope that in this instance, his indiscretion is seen as being just that and is balanced against all the good charity work he does - and not a more serious crime of damaging the world's image of Thailand and Buddhism.

IMHO, this may not be the end we hear of this case. :wai:

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I like this new Buddhism !

Buddha said there are 84,000 gates to paradise and each path to be taken depends upon your own destiny... perhaps if total monkhood is not for this guy he can always go down another path as an ascetic or family man. Buddhism never enforce upon a person. Depending upon your religious conviction and level of spiritually, you can embark upon the path of enlightenment at your own pace, fine tuning your inner self with your spiritual experiences. However if you are not ready for the austerity of monkhood, it is better not to go down that path.

15 minutes ago, SteveB2 said:

I can imagine that the PR team at CW will certainly have a meeting over this gents actions to decide if it is bad enough to cause his PR status to be cancelled.

For it will be seen that he has somehow got through the PR teams screening process - which will no doubt have caused some loss of face to all officials involved. 

Everyone who is lucky enough to acquire PR status has it explained to them that their PR status can be cancelled if they commit a serious crime.

Let’s hope that in this instance, his indiscretion is seen as being just that and is balanced against all the good charity work he does - and not a more serious crime of damaging the world's image of Thailand and Buddhism.

IMHO, this may not be the end we hear of this case. :wai:

Perhaps they can have the positive use of this farang monk as the poster boy about the fallibility of monks even as high as the farang monk towards worldly temptations. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

He'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky crisping pins getting caught up in his cassock. Meanwhile a nun was spotted emerging furtively from the short time cave, struggling to straighten her ruffled wimple.

Ohh no missus, my wimple has never been so ruffled.

Ha ha I like the ruffle/ruffled bit.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

What is all the fuss about?

So a Canadian monk has a bit of nookie, thousands of Thai monks do the same, and nothing is said or done about it.

Well said again old mate You would not find to many virgins in the Monks ranks. They are just spreading the love as they say

6 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Does this imply that any foreigner(PR or not?) gets threatened with deportation if he has sex with a Thai woman?

They will be few and and far between the way exchange rates are. 

No money no honey as they say. 

I see  that local thai news outlet (Daily News) gets it wrong again, when they start playing with words...

they said he was 'Outed'  - hmmm, well he certainly doesn't sound like a closet case... and the authorities always knew about him and his flock...

'Ousted' is more like it  - a totally different meaning

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Buddha said there are 84,000 gates to paradise and each path to be taken depends upon your own destiny... perhaps if total monkhood is not for this guy he can always go down another path as an ascetic or family man. Buddhism never enforce upon a person. Depending upon your religious conviction and level of spiritually, you can embark upon the path of enlightenment at your own pace, fine tuning your inner self with your spiritual experiences. However if you are not ready for the austerity of monkhood, it is better not to go down that path.

I wouldn't like to have been the guy who had the job of counting the gates.

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The white sex monk. Can't make this up, can you? 

They say he was defrocked. Bet he defrocked most of the women himself he had sex with.  Apparently there is a rumour he is changing his name to Rasputin 2  and is the process of selling the movie rights.  ????

6 hours ago, Beggar said:

A Thai monk should never be touched by women and this guy... A shame for every Farang in this country. They should kick him out. 

If you start going down the road of what monks should not do & kick them out, the temples would largely be devoid of monks....

Not sure what's worse, a "sex monk" or a "social activist and vet". I'd guess I'd prefer the sex monk in my neighborhood, he sounds more fun.

As long as monks, priests and other saintly figures don't abuse children and have sex with consenting adults only, I really couldn't care less.

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

Not sure what's worse, a "sex monk" or a "social activist and vet". I'd guess I'd prefer the sex monk in my neighborhood, he sounds more fun.

As long as monks, priests and other saintly figures don't abuse children and have sex with consenting adults only, I really couldn't care less.

Although it would relieve the Virgin Mary of her title.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that their sources indicated the disgraced monk would continue to work with locals and hill tribe people in the community as a layman who respects Buddhism.

A case of Dracula guarding the blood bank. Maybe he can be a consultant for that other religion with the long history of child abuse by priests. Disgusting.

30 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If you start going down the road of what monks should not do & kick them out, the temples would largely be devoid of monks....

Sorry but I have no understanding. What was he looking for - a cheap accommodation? Obviously he was not looking for Buddhism. A dishonest Farang insulting many locals. If he is looking for girls he should go to Pattaya but not as monk to a temple. 

5 hours ago, Ctkong said:

I think his moment of weakness he will always regret. However, Buddhism is about being truthful to yourself and see yourself as what you are. Not cloak and daggers here. You are what you are.

having said that, Buddhism also recognize that laymen and even monks are fallible when striving on the path of enlightenment. So long as you recognize your failings and acted to remove them, you are still on the spiritual path. Repentance weigh heavily upon any person on his spiritual quest and until you first attain inner peace with your being, enlightenment will always elude you. 

Exactly. What I have read from the words of the Buddha, he doesn't strictly advice against of touching woman.

What I have understood is that having sex and thinking about sex causes clinging, need and carving for it. That's why it is consider a bad thing, it causes craving & clinging, if you can't control your mind enough.

Many persons seems to be shocked that a monk shouldn't touch a woman, but basically same thing goes with looking someones eyes - it easily raises feelings and expectations.

Those are just things that when controlled or avoided, your path to enlightenment will be easier. It's not meant like once you touch a woman or have sex you will burn in hell.

Archived