Outed sex monk gets a visit from immigration about reporting his address

webfact

Outed sex monk gets a visit from immigration about reporting his address

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's immigration police have paid a defrocked Canadian monk a visit in the north of Thailand. 

The move comes as sources say that former "Phra Julian" will continue his work with the community as a layman. 

Social activist and vet "Dr Somchai" was central to the story that saw the long term Thai resident outed for having sexual relationships with Thai and western women in other provinces including Chantaburi. 

He was defrocked last week. 

On Sunday Lt-Col Prasert Jungtottananukun of the Mae Hong Sorn went to visit Julian with a message from immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang advising him to seek a change in his status and report a change in his address. 

His address was listed as the temple of Wat Ban Peh in Jorm Thong district of Chiang Mai and this would need to be changed now that he had left the monkhood. 

Daily News said that their sources indicated the disgraced monk would continue to work with locals and hill tribe people in the community as a layman who respects Buddhism. 

Thaivisa notes that permanent residents are required to report their address with the police though they do not need to comply with TM 30 rules.

Julian will be meeting officials again on Wednesday.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-12

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

The white sex monk. Can't make this up, can you? 

Nothing like a bit of scandal to keep ThaiVisa going!

He's not a pedo or a rapist. He just had sex while wearing a saffron robe. Wow, crime of the century!

How many follow up stories has ThaiVisa done on Thai disgraced monks?

And why is immigration visiting people such big news, ThaiVisa?

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What is all the fuss about?

So a Canadian monk has a bit of nookie, thousands of Thai monks do the same, and nothing is said or done about it.

Indeed. Many of them have been caught doing far worse, drugs, alchohol, fiddling with young novices, so this guy is only a relatively minor offender in the big picture.

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What is all the fuss about?

So a Canadian monk has a bit of nookie, thousands of Thai monks do the same, and nothing is said or done about it.

Unless it gets into the press and threatens to 'harm the image of Thai Buddhism', (i.e. loss of face) then action is taken.

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

On Sunday Lt-Col Prasert Jungtottananukun of the Mae Hong Sorn went to visit Julian with a message from immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang advising him to seek a change in his status and report a change in his address. 

For the past 72 hours he's been living in a cave, but the bear who owns it is asleep at the back and he's having trouble getting a copy of the yellow book. 

Just now, brokenbone said:

can i get a PR merely by ditching woman and shave my hair ?

No, certainly not, you have also got to be a hypocritical, self obsessed, hippy <deleted>. If you have those enviable qualities, you have a chance. 

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I'm from California and we have a lot of sex gurus so this is part of my upbringing

You'll be especially successful if you can grow a decent beard quickly.

In the words of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, "A man without a beard is as unnatural as a woman with a beard."

7 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

For the past 72 hours he's been living in a cave, but the bear who owns it is asleep at the back and he's having trouble getting a copy of the yellow book. 

I'd love to see the brave IO who tries to fine the bear. I'm certain it would make an appearance on youtube, especially the clip where the bear has the IO by the throat saying, "Who's been eating my porridge?"

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the disgraced monk would continue to work with locals and hill tribe people in the community as a layman who respects Buddhism.

To me it looks like he failed to respect Buddhism. Isn´t that hy he was defrocked?

54 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I am wondering how he got permanent residency status? If it was related to him being a monk, surely that must now be invalid.

You have misunderstood the rules of permanent residency. It can be revoked but it is not tied to one's status or occupation.

49 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Indeed. Many of them have been caught doing far worse, drugs, alchohol, fiddling with young novices, so this guy is only a relatively minor offender in the big picture.

And when they get caught they deal with them when they are Thais too, and they get defrocked as well as sometimes even under arrest. What do you mean with this? Should they show leiniency to him just because he is a foreigner from Canada?

He broke the code of Buddhism, and is facing the song that has been written to the music he composed himself.

Archived