Outed sex monk gets a visit from immigration about reporting his address

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:
1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What about the Thai women having sex with a monk? Nothing wrong there?

Nope, because they already were "defrocked" before they had sex with him.

Unless of course it was a knee-trembler against a (temple) wall. No 'defrocking' necessary for that.

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

they said it was a truly holy experience...

Later the woman explained: "It was a holy experience as I heard him say, "Oh Buddha I'm coming", and he would have ascended into the next life if I hadn't been on top holding him down."

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the disgraced monk would continue to work with locals and hill tribe people in the community as a layman who respects Buddhism.

As a layman who respects Buddhism??  I think he kinda missed the "respects" boat on that one when he as a monk was engaging in his romantic/sexual relationships with the various ladies...

Or, maybe he just became so acclimated to the local form of Buddhism that he came to understand that the whole thing of not touching woman and remaining celibate (and poor) doesn't really apply here.

Those Thai women would have their own karma to work with. So are the guilty monks. Even more severely because this is similar to the security personnel robbing their very own stuff they are entrusted with. There are legal punishment as well as psychic ones that they have to work through. Regardless your spiritual aspirations, if you are white, you are held to be a higher standard by the locals. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What is all the fuss about?

So a Canadian monk has a bit of nookie, thousands of Thai monks do the same, and nothing is said or done about it.

You are starting to figure things out!!!!!

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As a layman who respects Buddhism??  I think he kinda missed the "respects" boat on that one when he as a monk was engaging in his romantic/sexual relationships with the various ladies...

Or, maybe he just became so acclimated to the local form of Buddhism that he came to understand that the whole thing of not touching woman and remaining celibate (and poor) doesn't really apply here.

I think his moment of weakness he will always regret. However, Buddhism is about being truthful to yourself and see yourself as what you are. Not cloak and daggers here. You are what you are.

having said that, Buddhism also recognize that laymen and even monks are fallible when striving on the path of enlightenment. So long as you recognize your failings and acted to remove them, you are still on the spiritual path. Repentance weigh heavily upon any person on his spiritual quest and until you first attain inner peace with your being, enlightenment will always elude you. 

I met him at immigration 3 weeks ago.

He has permanent residency now.

Immigration is wasting their time.  They should have been aware of his status.

Regarding his life choices, It's not up to me, or you to judge.  In my opinion he has done nothing but selfless, kind hearted, acts to assist those less fortunate.

He has done more good in 1 month than you or I in our entire lives.

4 minutes ago, SanookTeufel said:
3 hours ago, colinneil said:

What is all the fuss about?

So a Canadian monk has a bit of nookie, thousands of Thai monks do the same, and nothing is said or done about it.

Except they are arrested... Why isn't he?

I'm sure it depends on what he's done? I'm guessing it's the Sangha who ordered his disrobing.

Then it comes down to criminal law. Normally sex with someone else isn't arrestable unless they're underage or some other offence.

21 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

How does a monk get PR, I thought you had to pay tax for 3 years? or did he get it first.

There are other routes. However they are rarely used as it difficult for the application to be accepted.

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure it depends on what he's done? I'm guessing it's the Sangha who ordered his disrobing.

Then it comes down to criminal law. Normally sex with someone else isn't arrestable unless they're underage or some other offence.

The "thousands of Thai monks" supposedly having sex are in the same situation as this phra farang... i.e. they are no longer monks. It's a parajika offence... which means they are automatically expelled from the monkhood.  Nor can they re-ordain in this lifetime. The disrobing ordered by the Sangha is just a formality. Been that way for 2600 years.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Unless of course it was a knee-trembler against a (temple) wall. No 'defrocking' necessary for that.

Same if he got under frocked no one would notice if he was stood behind a waste height wall appearing to be in heaven or maybe Buddhism doesn't do that one!

3 hours ago, Ctkong said:

I think his moment of weakness he will always regret. However, Buddhism is about being truthful to yourself and see yourself as what you are. Not cloak and daggers here. You are what you are.

having said that, Buddhism also recognize that laymen and even monks are fallible when striving on the path of enlightenment. So long as you recognize your failings and acted to remove them, you are still on the spiritual path. Repentance weigh heavily upon any person on his spiritual quest and until you first attain inner peace with your being, enlightenment will always elude you. 

A lot of things eluding me but I'm not sure enlightenment is one of them. Nor do I think that the so called spiritual path takes you anywhere other than possibly up the garden one! Whatever the religion it bares no fruit, just take a look at the world and the human race as a result.

The closest I have ever been to being a monk (of a kind) is about 2 weeks since I was 15 years of age so one can only admire a monk for his strength of character and true commitment to Buddhism.

2 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Sah Tuk ????????????

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Later the woman explained: "It was a holy experience as I heard him say, "Oh Buddha I'm coming", and he would have ascended into the next life if I hadn't been on top holding him down."

He'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky crisping pins getting caught up in his cassock. Meanwhile a nun was spotted emerging furtively from the short time cave, struggling to straighten her ruffled wimple.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

About the same application humility, poverty and celibacy as seen by many in the RC Church, at least this mans conquests were above the age of consent.

Archived