Another crazy aspect of TM30 crackdown in BKK

So, if I spend a few hours of short term recreation around Soi Cowboy and they want to see my passport, I'll have to hassle with the TM-30 even though I don't even spend the night.  How does this secure the borders?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I dont understand??? If I go from Chaiyaphum to Soi Cowboy, they wish to see my passport, I show them, and then go back home to Chaiyaphum.... 

And you think we need to do a TM30  even a TM28?? I have NEVER even see that being told here on ThaiVISA, I think you need to educate yourself a bit...

glegolo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jumbo said:

During your extension of stay under privilege of being married to a Thai national at your local immigration, they might bring up those dates and locations to confirm them with you... of course with the Mrs. present...

That could be a bummer....????

So you are also saying that spending a couple of ours out of your province, you MUST present a TM28/Tm30 even if you didn´t spend the night there???

never heard such a thing......

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

On 8/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

How often did the (immigration) police asked to see your passport anywhere in Thailand (not near or at a border)?

Quite often in Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

Edited by lkv
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

On 8/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

How often did the (immigration) police asked to see your passport anywhere in Thailand (not near or at a border)?

Quite often in Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

This is the most ridiculous thread. The OP, I think was making a joke about going to soi 4, maybe Stumble inn then taking a friend for horizontal dancing short time room. Yes you need show passport or id. Not for tm30. Beach rd  pattaya not. Anyway its a joke thread. Mod please close. 

On 8/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, madmen said:

can I see passport

No have

pay cash, no respectable Short time hotel Will knock back 400 baht

Just another drama thread 

Yep. What if I had a very slow motorbike and it took me 24 hours+ to get to another province. Do I have to stop at the first police station and wake them up at 3am to do a report.

What about my German Shepherd Dog? She is registered with the German kennel club, if she is in the sidecar with me does she do a TM30 Woof??

I could make up some ridiculous situations but I'm trying hard not too.

????????????????????

I made this point before I'm still awaiting a response of note.

I was in bkk for 2 nights after arriving in Thailand. I went to Mrs house in khon Kaen the 3rd day stayed there 3 days. Went to immi on 4th day told them I just arrived from bkk. They done report gave me receipt. Job done.

The only hassle I ever had about tm30 was when I went to extend and they discovered no tm30 done for the current residence.

So I'm very sceptical of how this tm30 works in the system itself.

Edited by Mikisteel

11 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

I was in bkk for 2 nights after arriving in Thailand. I went to Mrs house in khon Kaen the 3rd day stayed there 3 days. Went to immi on 4th day told them I just arrived from bkk. They done report gave me receipt. Job done.

The only hassle I ever had about tm30 was when I went to extend and they discovered no tm30 done for the current residence.

First of all, your post has zero to do with this foolish thread. As far as your requirements for tm30, you need ask KK what they require. Simple.

58 minutes ago, Mikisteel said:

It clearly has all sorts of loopholes. The hotel registers your arrival, not your departure, which fits the way many people stay in hotels anyway, often changing their duration of stay at the last minute. Khon kaen sounds reasonably flexible but telling them you'd just arrived was obviously the right thing to do.