Alexander Albon to drive for Red Bull in Belgium

webfact

Alexander Albon to drive for Red Bull in Belgium

Alex-Albon.jpg

(Photo) Alexander Albon Ansusinha/F1 website

The Formula 1 website released the surprising news this afternoon (August 12th) that the Thai-British driver, Alexander Albon, will replace Pierre Gasly’s in the Red Bull team for the mid 2019 season. He will drive for Red Bull in the 13th competition in Belgium on August 30th and 31st and September 1st, 2019. The 2019 F1 competitions are being held in 21 different countries.

“It’s the bombshell of the summer. Red Bull have taken the shock decision to drop Pierre Gasly and replace him with their Toro Rosso driver Alex Albon” says the F1 website’s breaking news section.

According to F1, Albon, in his first season of F1 after finishing runner-up in last year’s FIA Formula 2 championship, has impressed all in the paddock with his speed and maturity. The British-born Thai driver has scored 16 points from his 12 Grand Prix races to date, with a best position of sixth in the rain-affected German round, his first ever F1 race in the wet.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/alexander-albon-to-drive-for-red-bull-in-belgium/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-13

59 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

The Red Bull brand already has a famous driver….why not give the original homeboy from Bangkok another shot at the big time?

bull 2.jpg

That little douche bag is still hiding under his mommys skirt

Excellent news for Albon, and us as spectators. Gasly just wasn't getting the results needed which has surprised me as I rate him as a driver. Hopefully Albon will hit the ground running and Verstappen will have a team mate challenging him again. I miss the Ricciardo- Verstappen type battles.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why say that? Every driver here is trying to do the same as him.

They all think they are formula 1 drivers, trying to get to the chequered flag first.

You might be right, but I wish they could accelerate Formula One style when the traffic lights turn to green!

When it comes down to it I would be surprised if any driver Red Bull puts beside Verstappen will come close to him. It’s not that they are bad drivers it’s because Verstappen is getting performance out of the car that is beyond the ability of any other driver in the field except for Hamilton. Similarly with Hamilton, Botas gets the most out of the car in qualifying but in a race Hamilton is in a league of his own. 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why say that? Every driver here is trying to do the same as him.

They all think they are formula 1 drivers, trying to get to the chequered flag first.

...and, don't forget, that includes the self-appointed farang driving "experts" that post here so often and so virulently.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

You might be right, but I wish they could accelerate Formula One style when the traffic lights turn to green!

Don't blame them for being cautious - so many carry on across when their lights turn red!

Apart from those waiting who: fell asleep; busy texting or watching videos on their phone; picking their nose!

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

...and, don't forget, that includes the self-appointed farang driving "experts" that post here so often and so virulently.

Like it or not, the fact is most Thais wouldn't pass a driving test in most Western countries without considerable learning and effort.

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Cant be Thai as he can drive OK

He is a plastic Thai, born & schooled in UK Thai mother English father who was a racing driver therefore his start in driving came from UK I'll let you decide......

7 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

He is a plastic Thai, born & schooled in UK Thai mother English father who was a racing driver therefore his start in driving came from UK I'll let you decide......

What does it matter and whats with the labels? He's a very promising driver who's just been given a proper chance at success in F1.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Like it or not, the fact is most Thais wouldn't pass a driving test in most Western countries without considerable learning and effort.

Like it or not, the fact is that the self-appointed farang driving "experts" that post here so often and so virulently are probably not the best drivers in the world either.  I wonder how many of them had to have more than one go at their home driving tests?

5 hours ago, Hayduke said:

The Red Bull brand already has a famous driver….why not give the original homeboy from Bangkok another shot at the big time?

bull 2.jpg

Thought he drove for Ferrari  ????  That is until he lost his cool when an RTP officer on his motorcycle brake tested him

Good luck to Albon,

Gasly was just not cutting it, David Couktard said few weeks back they should do this and Gasly could then get back in the fold at Torro Rosso and develop in F1 to have another crack in time

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Thought he drove for Ferrari  ????  That is until he lost his cool when an RTP officer on his motorcycle brake tested him

seems the little punk didn't even notice, even when the guy was  stuck on the bonnet 

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

seems the little punk didn't even notice, even when the guy was  stuck on the bonnet 

Well when you are a member of the Thai Red Bull family with their extreme wealth everybody else is regarding as a "nothing" of importance. Therefore you would see nothing on the bonnet.

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well when you are a member of the Thai Red Bull family with their extreme wealth everybody else is regarding as a "nothing" of importance. Therefore you would see nothing on the bonnet.

True, unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

The above connection is likely why Albon got a shot at it. Not going to look too good when Verstappen wipes the floor with him.

I would like to see Alonso join Red Bull next year, then we'd see some action up front.

Just now, DaRoadrunner said:

The above connection is likely why Albon got a shot at it. Not going to look too good when Verstappen wipes the floor with him.

I would like to see Alonso join Red Bull next year, then we'd see some action up front.

Well I did mention in another thread it would be unfortunate for Albon if the media raked up his family history.  However from what you have said then I guess his Mother with her record would have some "pull" in the Thai criminal fraternity such as this Red bull scoundrel.  However I still think it unfair on AA as he got where he ( perhaps until this Red Bull seat ) was based on his own accomplishments with the support of his British father of course. Sure Verstappen will wipe the floor with him for the remainder of the season, same as he has done to Gasly for the first half.

22 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You obviously do not follow F1 as you would know that Albon is one of the top young talents currently driving in the series. I would proffer he has got his chance with Red Bull Aston Martin Racing purely on his skill sets, at this level of racing you need more than the type of connection you talk of. His father was also a racing driver hence it follows that he has been nurtured from being very young to where he is now. 

Your last sentence just confirms your lack of understanding of the sport... Do you really think Alonso can compete with these lads today in the same machinery... 

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

You obviously do not follow F1 as you would know that Albon is one of the top young talents currently driving in the series. I would proffer he has got his chance with Red Bull Aston Martin Racing purely on his skill sets, at this level of racing you need more than the type of connection you talk of. His father was also a racing driver hence it follows that he has been nurtured from being very young to where he is now. 

Your last sentence just confirms your lack of understanding of the sport... Do you really think Alonso can compete with these lads today in the same machinery... 

One would think an expert like you would check your brain was in gear before engaging your mouth.

Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz and Thai businessman Chaleo Yoovidhya founded Red Bull (the drinks co') in 1984. Albon got a shot at it as he is half Thai and has Thai nationality.

You are going to look as stupid as Albon will when Verstappen wipes the floor with him. Verstappen has true talent, not the backing of a drinks company.

As for your comment on Alonso.... he's a world champion... 'nuff said.

Archived