TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells foreigners

webfact

4 hours ago, VBF said:

How is that a relevant reply to my comment? I don't understand.????

Because if you cannot produce the TM6, they cannot complete the TM30 report, therefore it's likely they will choose not to report.

And I don't feel a TM6 is required at check in. Will check in be refused because of a missing TM6?

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Because if you cannot produce the TM6, they cannot complete the TM30 report, therefore it's likely they will choose not to report.

And I don't feel a TM6 is required at check in. Will check in be refused because of a missing TM6?

But in NO WAY did my question mention losing a TM6. I've NEVER lost one...well, so far!

So I still question your response- please read #661 again, which was my post to which YOU responded, mentioning losing TM6

Edited by VBF

35 minutes ago, VBF said:

But in NO WAY did my question mention losing a TM6. I've NEVER lost one...well, so far!

So I still question your response- please read #661 again, which was my post to which YOU responded, mentioning losing TM6

I read post #661 again.

If you stay at a friend and that friend forgets to report you, it's as if you never left your regular residence, therefore you would not have to report when you return.

Well, technically you would have to report, but then that would perhaps create trouble for that friend.

If both of you forgot to do the TM30, then nobody would be in trouble.

Equally, if a hotel fails to do a TM30, the above would apply when you return to your regular residence. It's as if you never left.

If you are unable to produce your TM6, (maybe you did not lose it, you just forgot it at your other friend's place -500 kms away), or whatever other reason, that would put the hotel in a difficult position, since the TM6 is needed for the TM30 report.

If then the hotel chooses to break the law and not proceed with filing the TM30, it's not your problem, it's the hotel's problem.

It's hard for me to believe a hotel would refuse check in because of a missing TM6.

Edited by lkv

26 minutes ago, lkv said:

I read post #661 again.

If you stay at a friend and that friend forgets to report you, it's as if you never left your regular residence, therefore you would not have to report when you return.

Well, technically you would have to report, but then that would perhaps create trouble for that friend.

If both of you forgot to do the TM30, then nobody would be in trouble.

Equally, if a hotel fails to do a TM30, the above would apply when you return to your regular residence. It's as if you never left.

If you are unable to produce your TM6, (maybe you did not lose it, you just forgot it at your other friend's place -500 kms away), or whatever other reason, that would put the hotel in a difficult position, since the TM6 is needed for the TM30 report.

If then the hotel chooses to break the law and not proceed with filing the TM30, it's not your problem, it's the hotel's problem.

It's hard for me to believe a hotel would refuse check in because of a missing TM6.

With respect, you're still introducing a red herring ie the TM6 which is irrelevant in this discussion.

The TM6 is indeed needed for the hotel to file a TM30, BUT it would have been stapled in the PP (or at least attached with a paper clip) when I FIRST checked in to the hotel in Pattaya  - from that point forward, I'd still be checked in to the hotel even though I physically left and returned so they wouldn't be asking for it again.

BUT.... if I were to lose the TM6, I'd have lost my PP so would have a MUCH bigger problem!

And of course, if the hotel fails to do a TM30, it is their problem, unless and until, I go to Immigration for an extension....then it becomes my problem, rightly or wrongly!

Edited by VBF

On 8/16/2019 at 4:31 AM, otherstuff1957 said:

Did they say whether a TM30 must be filed when returning from another province or just from out of the country?

I just returned to CM from a visa trip to Savannakhet.  Since I was at the airport, I stopped into Immigration to update the TM30.  The officer said I needed to do each time I do the 90 crossing. No explanation of why this applies to the foreigner, rather than the (as the law states) the hotel, condo, house/land owner. When you enter the country, you fill out an entry card, providing your address in Thailand. So, at least for long-term expats, this is redundant, since IM already knows our address. There is some merit to keeping track of roamers, but again, the law seems to have been made for Thai nationals to report the residence of foreigners.  

I have a pink card although I’ve not had anything than a 30 day tourist visas or non Imm O visas in years and I only visit now for 6 weeks a year (although I’m staying 6 months this time around) - what is the benefit of this pink card and yellow book my mrs organized?

cheers

12 minutes ago, HerDad said:

I have a pink card although I’ve not had anything than a 30 day tourist visas or non Imm O visas in years and I only visit now for 6 weeks a year (although I’m staying 6 months this time around) - what is the benefit of this pink card and yellow book my mrs organized?

cheers

The pink card shows that you have a yellow book,because you can't get the pink card without the yellow book from your Amphoe (district office). The idea is that it should in many cases replace the passport (and the yellow book),but it actually depends on where you're staying in Thailand. Some banks and authorities in one province do accept it,but next province doesn't. Go figure. ????

3 hours ago, HerDad said:

cheers

Wish I had a Mrs like that...????.....You were present when "her" stuff was done...?

On 8/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, Max69xl said:

The pink card shows that you have a yellow book,because you can't get the pink card without the yellow book from your Amphoe (district office). The idea is that it should in many cases replace the passport (and the yellow book),but it actually depends on where you're staying in Thailand. Some banks and authorities in one province do accept it,but next province doesn't. Go figure. ????

Well I just tried it instead of a passport for an internal flight - you are right, it was accepted 

Why TM30 made such an issue. Its simple and quick process to register, provided rent agreement or property docs in place. Only problem is when you go out of town and stay at private property. This question and matter to focus. To save hotel industry, this technical flaw is kept or a clear definition is not given by authority in statement.

Why TM30 made such an issue. Its simple and quick process to register, provided rent agreement or property docs in place. Only problem is when you go out of town and stay at private property. This question and matter to focus. To save hotel industry, this technical flaw is kept or a clear definition is not given by authority in statement.

So while you are here, can we ask what the starting salary of an immigration officer is? [emoji848]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Not sure what the technical flaw is, the out of town property would report if you stay there ("its a quick and simple process to register", lol), Back home and report yourself on return.

15 hours ago, HerDad said:

Well I just tried it instead of a passport for an internal flight - you are right, it was accepted 

Its often not accepted because the booking is name in English and the pink ID is name in Thai, in theory if you made a booking with name in Thai script, pink ID would be acceptable but passport (name in english) wouldn't

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Infiltrated!!

I wonder how many people the Thai Junta have now posting on forums and replying to articles.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bowerboy said:

Infiltrated!!

I wonder how many people the Thai Junta have now posting on forums and replying to articles.

It's just conformists. You can stick a lawnmover up their chimney and they'll happily chirp Yes Sir Thank You Sir! Same types turn to kapos given a chance.

Infiltrated!!

One would have to be very naive not to believe some of these poorly written pro immigration comments are not Thais on the immigration or Junta payroll.  

• Like 1

Infiltrated!!

It's a 'government'.

The junta is over........................................... for now.

Edited by St George
  • Haha 2

I signed up to the TM30 mobile app and I completed the application by uploading photos of documents and within about 1 week after that I received an email message in my spam mail folder to say my account was confirmed but I must now wait for a username and password to be sent to me. I had actually deleted the app thinking it wasn't working but I thought oh great it is working and so I need to download the app again.

A little clunky and late but so far, so good..

..that was 2 weeks ago though and I'm due to exit Thailand very soon.

When do I get the username and password?

:blink:

Edited by NightSky

Just done my 1st TM30 using the application on my Android phone, no issues at all really bar one and thats the MRZ scanner could not read my passport so I submitted without it, which was accepted by the system --- I mean part of the form you enter the passport number and TR6 number anyways so the MRZ is not really needed... and the pasport is not always available either to the likes of certain scenarios such as AirBNB, landlords abroad etc...

But yeah no issue here all fine and dandy

Yesterday I spent 2 hours watching the video. I know there is a huge language barrier, but it would seem that the senior Thais didn't understand or answer the questions and gave unintelligible responses. And these are the people making the rules so no wonder things are as they are now. Even the question about which documents to upload was met with confusion.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

“It’s really not that hard...”

Well, I suppose it really is not that hard, but extremely cumbersome and inconvenient.

A friend living in BKK came to visit over the weekend recently. He arrived on a Friday afternoon, the train was over 1 hour late, and when we go in the car I told him that we have to hurry to the Immigration to file TM30 before they close.... Over 1 hour drive one way. And reminded him to go to CW to file his TM30 when he returns, on Tuesday morning, first thing. He looked at me like I was from a different planet and said. "FO, who would know I've taking a train to the boonies and back..."

But now we have broken the law and feel like criminals and a serious risk to the National Security of this great country.... I really hope they don't find out.

12 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

“It’s really not that hard...”

Well, I suppose it really is not that hard, but extremely cumbersome and inconvenient.

A friend living in BKK came to visit over the weekend recently. He arrived on a Friday afternoon, the train was over 1 hour late, and when we go in the car I told him that we have to hurry to the Immigration to file TM30 before they close.... Over 1 hour drive one way. And reminded him to go to CW to file his TM30 when he returns, on Tuesday morning, first thing. He looked at me like I was from a different planet and said. "FO, who would know I've taking a train to the boonies and back..."

But now we have broken the law and feel like criminals and a serious risk to the National Security of this great country.... I really hope they don't find out.

:cheesy::cheesy:

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed as per the following forum rule:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

19 hours ago, SteveK said:

Yesterday I spent 2 hours watching the video. I know there is a huge language barrier, but it would seem that the senior Thais didn't understand or answer the questions and gave unintelligible responses. And these are the people making the rules so no wonder things are as they are now. Even the question about which documents to upload was met with confusion.

I've been in English-language meetings with Thais before. I've seen foreigners speaking English and I could tell that many of the Thais there didn't understand what they were talking about. The Thais would nod their heads and laugh when others laughed, etc, but you could just tell the messages weren't being properly understood. 

This meeting with immigration felt the same. They didn't understand a lot of the language being used and they didn't much care to understand the context. Immigration at the lowest level should have a better than basic grasp of English. Immigration at a higher level should be very, very good at English. I would imagine being able to speak English fluently is a prerequisite to getting senior positions in immigration. Unless of course you can buy positions. Oh, maybe that's why we're in this horrible mess. 

• Thanks 2