TM30: “It’s really not that hard”, immigration official tells foreigners

webfact

As you see the app for the Android says it's incompatible so can't download.

the website is much the same the amount of times I've tried to enter data and it either locks up or crashes...

Thai websites are a joke if only they had a good web designer and someone that understands the language....????????????????

Screenshot_20190816-170131_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, seems like he is of the opinion that he is right and everybody else is wrong. If they are not wrong, they are trolling. If not that, then we just mentioning something that nobody have been talking about. Anyway, I am finished with him. Have a happy and worry free life, so not need that kind of negative environment.

As for the TM30. Needed or not, it´s something that we have to do if we choose Thailand. Maybe will take a few hours of our time, more problem than that doesn´t exist.

You're correct. I am staying 5 min from my Immigration office, and can actually do the report in 20 min,incl. the time for copying the necessary documents and waiting a few minutes. It's annoying,but it won't give me a heart attack. ????

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

You STILL don't understand what the thread is about....????

Yes,he does,and he's actually saying that's it's not that hard to do the TM30 report. I agree with him,even if I think it's annoying.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You're correct. I am staying 5 min from my Immigration office, and can actually do the report in 20 min,incl. the time for copying the necessary documents and waiting a few minutes. It's annoying,but it won't give me a heart attack. ????

So you are another one who just thinks of there self cos it's easy for you, try thinking about others that live nowhere near an immigration office...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

You STILL don't understand what the thread is about....????

Yes, I do! It´s about the non existing terrible inconveiniance of beeing powerless as a foreigner regarding the need to file a TM30. I heavy workload that needs 4-6 threads a day and continuing moaning.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I do! It´s about the non existing terrible inconveiniance of beeing powerless as a foreigner regarding the need to file a TM30. I heavy workload that needs 4-6 threads a day and continuing moaning.

You see, you do not know what it is about...Clueless...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Have fun doing your TM30. Oh, you are traveling out of your province, right? You can’t just do a TM30 cos your have chubby for that kind of thing. 

Yes, I travel out and in of Thailand 3-4 times a year, and probably to other provinces about 12-15 times. Still don´t have a problem. More donuts and coffée with the nice IO that take care of my permission to stay and all other things I need do do at his office. Oh, by the way. I have about 80 kilometer to the office too. Still not complaining.

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Tell me which countries within the  EU issues free visas for invited Thai "girlfriends"? Do you think visas to the US or Australia are free for EU citizens? You must live in a dreamworld. 

The TM30 is not for tourists so they don’t have an issue. Tourist visas are not free for Thais travelling to the EU neither are they free for farangs coming to Thailand. 

I’m married to a Thai as are many other expats who live here and who have to do the TM30. We are all affected. You said Thais don’t get free visas to the EU. That isn’t true. The ones who are married can get free visas. Hell, my missus gets free visas for other EU counties because she’s married to an EU citizen. 

You said Thais don’t get free EU visas but the TM30 is free for us. My misses gets free EU visas cos she’s married to me. I get what? Free TM30s? That’s what we call a false equivalence. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I travel out and in of Thailand 3-4 times a year, and probably to other provinces about 12-15 times. Still don´t have a problem. More donuts and coffée with the nice IO that take care of my permission to stay and all other things I need do do at his office. Oh, by the way. I have about 80 kilometer to the office too. Still not complaining.

To quote Robert Downey Jr from the movie ‘Tropic Thunder’, “Everyone knows you never go full r*****”. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are not actually correct,and the part about having to learn German is not true,either. 

Someone said: you can't fix stupidity. 

I don't know where you got your wisdom from but I call it simply nonsense. Go to German embassy's website and you got a proof your level. 

Good day

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

So you sleep on the street when you travel in thailand?

Yes sweetie, of course I do.

No. In a hotel.

I guess you are trying to say, that you have to submit it once at least? It's obviously a leading question rather than simply saying what you want to say. Don't be scared, I won't bite. C'mon, out with it.

4 hours ago, THE REVERAND said:

I totally agree it is not hard but at times DIFFICULT and other times IMPOSSIBLE. Remember  in Thailand everything is DIFFICULT but Most IMPOSSIBLE.

Not true. Bitching on Thaivisa and making sweeping generalisations is both easy and simple.

Edited by Odisan
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Not true I have applied for a friend for a 90 days business visa many times. No language skills asked for

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We started here NOT about business visa, just for ordinary Thais to enter I.g Germany for long term stay in comparison to expats in Thailand. 

And now I will stop reply to your rubbish 

4 hours ago, Parsve said:

You are probably right, but after saying this you maybe should canhge your quote "If you don't try you will never know" to something else.

OK, but one can say that one doesn't have to try everything and don't have to know everything .  :jap:

I am sorry but I do not understand the hysteria about TM30 as I have never been asked to complete one. I have never done a 90 day report in recent years as I regularly travel to surrounding ASEAN countries. I have just completed a 4 day visit to Yangon and throughout there was no mention of a TM30. I traveled overnight on a inter-provincial bus from Khon Kaen to Rangsit (for DMK) - no mention of a TM30. At Immigration in DMK, my TM6 (departure) was removed and passport stamped. The Biometric system had been suspended due to a massive build up of foreigners departing on early morning flights. As with me, just a photo was taken. Again, no mention of a TM30. On my return from Yangon, new TM6 completed and passport stamped with no problems at all. Biometric system was working but just 4 fingers of right hand and a photo for me. No mention of a TM30. I have a one year retirement visa with a one year multiple re-entry permit. I returned home on another inter-provincial bus from Mor-Chit to Khon Kaen. No mention anywhere of a TM30. In 2 weeks time I shall be visiting Cambodia and I am sure there will be no mention of TM30s. I shall of course receive yet another new TM6 (Departure).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sitting  in the airport  lounge  waiting for flight  out got stopped  by  TAT person doing  a  survey, asked a  whole  load of questions  but I  had  the time..........."what do you dislike  about Thailand" well she got the  full blast TM30, she  didnt  know anything about it but its been entered on their survey now.........Got  free  scarf, something to strangle my Mother with , for  doing the survey!

Didnt have to give  full name or phone or  email for the survey so didnt mind  doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want somebody to do something for you, let me tell you what you do NOT do:

Make an "excellent presentation" laying out how Thais apply policy very inconsistently and incoherently.

Gather signatures for a petition essentially telling Thais how cumbersome and ridiculous their policies are. 

Have an entire room "gasp" at a senior immigration official's declaration that the process really is not all that difficult.

Oh wait, those are the types of things we ARE doing?! Wow, good luck. But you are going in reverse. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meand said:

If you want somebody to do something for you, let me tell you what you do NOT do:

Make an "excellent presentation" laying out how Thais apply policy very inconsistently and incoherently.

Gather signatures for a petition essentially telling Thais how cumbersome and ridiculous their policies are. 

Have an entire room "gasp" at a senior immigration official's declaration that the process really is not all that difficult.

Oh wait, those are the types of things we ARE doing?! Wow, good luck. But you are going in reverse. 

Yeah  should have just held  him hostage or something

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tgw said:

hey, if TM30 is not that hard, then why don't they extend it to Thais ?

Because there are no bad Thai's, silly farang.  ????  Oh, and most Thai's can't or won't cough up the fine for not doing so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

if all those long term expats who do or should do TM30 and are complaining,  packed their bags tomorrow and left Thailand - the amount of "money drying up" would account for <deleted!> in the overall scheme of things, plus a lot less work for immigration.

Immigration make the hard work for themselves by requiring a stupid amount of photocopies all duly signed by the applicant and then filed away in file B1N, I have zero sympathy for them, this is the 21st century, computers do all that now and keep zillions of records on something the size of a thumbnail.

Immigration made their own bed, up to them if they continue to lie in it, I remember when microfiche came out, what a game changer that was, the Thais haven't even caught onto that yet, there's a money making idea for some up & coming sales person ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You are correct,but then the UK is not surrounded by crappy neighboring countries.

Surrounded no, but they are only 31 miles from France :coffee1:

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There are millions of people coming over the borders from neighboring countries,like Burma,Laos and Cambodia. Thai government doesn't have a clue about their whereabouts. They are also foreigners like us. UK doesn't have that problem.

Perhaps if the UK introduced and enforced a GB30 you wouldn't get stories like this:

"UK border checks have been branded "shambolic" after it emerged the Home Office has lost track of more than 600,000 people who should have left the country in the past two years."

6 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Comments anyone? 

Perhaps if you actually give it the permissions required it will actually work :coffee1:

27 minutes ago, Salerno said:

"UK border checks have been branded "shambolic" after it emerged the Home Office has lost track of more than 600,000 people who should have left the country in the past two years."

We have every confidence that they'll turn up eventually.

• Haha 1

I'm glad I took the time to watch the video, a lot of salient points were made by those members and guests of the FCCT, the 4 representatives of the Immigration Police were not all that well prepared and the usual mantra of we want to keep you safe & other BS were dragged up time and time again, they have no excuse for the overlap of TM6, 90 Day reporting and now the TM30 !! All in the name of National security.

Whether they take the concerns back to the higher ups remains to be seen but the idea from the Australian Chamber of Commerce about a Pink ID card for long time stayers was a good idea, if you haven't watched the video yet have a look from minute 33 onwards, the immigration people were (I think) out of their depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

the idea from the Australian Chamber of Commerce about a Pink ID card for long time stayers was a good idea,

I got one, it's basically just a printout of the data in the Thai civil database. You need a Thai ID number, which was created for me when I got the yellow thabian baan. Every time I used those as proof of residence in immigration they wanted the A4 copies.

The systems are not interconnected, IIRC the civil system is from a US vendor, immigration might be homespun. Given the track record of Thais and IT it's highly likely they will never be able integrate them.

So yeah I got all that and the elite too. Thai government has vetted me twice for other matters, including criminal records, fingerprints (the old school ink ones), financial records, you name it. Still the same TM ballet.