microplastics in plastic bottle water

watgate

I watched a short video on microplastics and the commentator said you should not drink water from a plastic bottle because you are ingesting many microplastics. The video was related to the US and the commentator said it was best to drink tap water from the faucet, albeit with a filter attached to the faucet. Would this be practical in Thailand, and if not, are their any other ways to drink water besides from a plastic bottle?

That's why I get my drinking water delivered in glass bottles,drinking water

from the tap,even if you have filters fitted,is not something i would do,

because the filters must be maintained and lot of people just fit and 

forget,the water leaving the water plant might be safe,the pipework to

your home is not in the best condition,

The water I get, is filtered,then treated with ozone to kill viruses ,bacteria,

24 x 500 ml glass bottles 56 THB,its a local company and have been buying

from them for over 25 years,never a problem,even been to factory and its 

well run and spotless.

regards Worgeordie

Of all the things to worry about in our food and drinks, this is lowest on my list.

A tiny, theoretical risk from a contaminant that has found it's way into everything we eat or drink is not worth worrying about.

The whole issue about plastic is really an aesthetic issue - we are littering the environment and it looks a mess, and nobody wants to see a turtle with a drinking straw up its nose  - but it's less of a real threat than climate change.  But by adding the elements of 'microplastics in food' the campaigners hope it will will give an extra reason to say no to the 26 straws in 7-11.

If you want a real concern, think about pesticides, herbicides and good old fashioned bacteria.

Urine making a big wee wee over unseen aliens in drinking water?  You should see all the little bacteria monsters on the meat you buy in the market after 15 Thais with unclean hands have picked it up and put back...[emoji15]
What do you think happens to that bacteria when you cook it?

1 hour ago, trd said:
1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:
Urine making a big wee wee over unseen aliens in drinking water?  You should see all the little bacteria monsters on the meat you buy in the market after 15 Thais with unclean hands have picked it up and put back...emoji15.png

What do you think happens to that bacteria when you cook it?

You cook your food??? Wow! ????

Posts removed. Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Not all water filters are the same. Be careful what you buy. Contaminants range from particles, heavy metals, and bacteria. There is no cheap investment option to capture all of these contaminants.

Does anyone remember the days before the plastic invasion? Egg cartons were cardboard, soda came in a glass bottle with a 5c deposit which most stores would take back. Grocery bags were paper. The list goes on. We survived just fine back then.