Magazines With Sexually Provocative Photos Of Celebrities And Models Criticized

Jai Dee

Mrs. Rabiebrat criticizes magazines with sexually provocative photos

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit, the chairwoman of the Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families, says many complaints have been made against sexually appealing photographs of celebrities and models on media releases. She says these photographs do not set a good example to Thai youths as celebrities and models are recognized members of the society.

Mrs. Rabiebrat has submitted letters to various magazine editors asking for their cooperation. She is also planning to send letters to the Culture Minister, the Social Development and Human Security Minister, and the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister, requesting them to help supervise the sexually provocative photos and messages on media releases.

Mrs. Rabiebrat says many movies that are coming out during school break have vulgar messages.

In addition, she says will write a letter to all department stores that allow inappropriate swim suit fashion shows to take place.

She says such action is an insult to the intelligence of women.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 19 March 2007

I am sure the publications would stop publishing sexy photos if the people complaining would dig into their pockets and provide the difference in profit from sexy and not sexy. That way everyone is happy. Solutions are so simple.

However I doubt they would keep that up very long.

Fits in nicely with Bangkok promoting itself as a fashion hub. Hub of ridiculous statements by an out of touch elite more like. Where do they find them?

Whatever next, all magazines only to have old women in uniforms and sackcloth on the front.

Down the years, I've never seen the younger people here take a blind bit of notice. Maybe this is like the comic item at the end of the news!

What the Culture Ministry should be aware of is that prococative dress, karaoke, corruption, drink driving, prostitution and lao khao drinking are so well entrenched here, she is going to have to start promoting them soon as part of Thai culture :o

Edited by Dupont

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit, the chairwoman of the Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families, says many complaints have been made against sexually appealing photographs of celebrities and models on media releases. She says these photographs do not set a good example to Thai youths as celebrities and models are recognized members of the society.

Mrs. Rabiebrat has submitted letters to various magazine editors asking for their cooperation. She is also planning to send letters to the Culture Minister, the Social Development and Human Security Minister, and the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Minister, requesting them to help supervise the sexually provocative photos and messages on media releases.

Mrs. Rabiebrat says many movies that are coming out during school break have vulgar messages.

In addition, she says will write a letter to all department stores that allow inappropriate swim suit fashion shows to take place.

Sex sells! End of story, pity she can't find something better to do with herself and her time? :o

Sex sells! End of story, pity she can't find something better to do with herself and her time? :D

Yeah. Sex is ok on the streets and all kinds of entertainment venues, but not in magazines...just like the 20 years old age limit for pubs. It's ok to work as a prostitute, just don't go tu pubs, somebody might politely invite you to dance :o

So presumably it would be Ok to bring out a farang version as we're not 'recognised members of society'.

I really don't understand her reasoning saying that 'it insults the intelligence of women'. I think she's the one doing that, have a look round mrs, wake up & smell the g-strings.

So presumably it would be Ok to bring out a farang version as we're not 'recognised members of society'.

I really don't understand her reasoning saying that 'it insults the intelligence of women'. I think she's the one doing that, have a look round mrs, wake up & smell the g-strings.

Umm I wonder what she looks like? I have never heard of beautiful women complaining about attention! :o:D

What the Culture Ministry should be aware of is that prococative dress, karaoke, corruption, drink driving, prostitution and lao khao drinking are so well entrenched here, she is going to have to start promoting them soon as part of Thai culture :D

:o:D:D

What the Culture Ministry should be aware of is that prococative dress, karaoke, corruption, drink driving, prostitution and lao khao drinking are so well entrenched here, she is going to have to start promoting them soon as part of Thai culture :D

:o:D:D

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit,.....says these photographs do not set a good example to Thai youths as celebrities and models are recognized members of the society.

those are serious accusations and must be substantiated by showing those photos as evidence... :o

I would agree that tooth candy is bad for the teeth in the mouth, but I have never been able to accept the parallel assertion that eye candy is bad for the brain in the head.

I suppose she has been railing about airline advertisements for this last thirty years. Fly me.

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit, the chairwoman of the Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families, says many complaints have been made against sexually appealing photographs of celebrities and models on media releases.

How many complaints, and by whom, to whom?

"Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families"??? :D:o

One can only imagine what the complaining woman looks like. Certainly the image of a much less than stunning woman who is simply jealous comes to my mind without much effort.

where can i get these mags? and why do all these whinging do gooders get there hands on these things if it affends you dont look at em :o

These magazines are crap. There is also nothing wrong with voicing displeasure about the vulgar movies that have gratuitous sex and violence.

There should be age limits for movies that have content not suitable for kids. I am not sure if there are in Thailand, it there are they sure are not enforced. I would like to see this happen.

I am not for censorship, but restricting minors’ access to some things is quite reasonable.

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit, the chairwoman of the Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families,

This isn't a spoof is it Jai Dee ?

No , a man of your integrity wouldn't do that.

Breaking news !

A new previously unknown region has been discovered in the Land of Smiles.

Pundits are already calling it "Cloud Cuckoo Land".

Spielberg is negociating the movie rights.

:o

These magazines are crap. There is also nothing wrong with voicing displeasure about the vulgar movies that have gratuitous sex and violence.

There should be age limits for movies that have content not suitable for kids. I am not sure if there are in Thailand, it there are they sure are not enforced. I would like to see this happen.

I am not for censorship, but restricting minors' access to some things is quite reasonable.

Sounds like you are a gay pacifist

More censorship, more and more, crawling into every life space, into every aspect of life.

Thailand, the land of the Frees! You got to be kidding. :D

As vividly demonstrated on TV5, last week, when I was watching La Femme de Mon Port. It never used to happen before! :D:D:o

Mrs. Rabiebrat Pongpanit, the chairwoman of the Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families, says many complaints have been made against sexually appealing photographs of celebrities and models on media releases.

How many complaints, and by whom, to whom?

"Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families"??? :D:o

very true first time i am hearing about an "Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families"....can it get more ridiculous....i am sure it reports to the "Ministry of Culture"

anyway like somebody said before "AMAZING THAILAND" or should i say "UNSEEN THAILAND" :D

Edited by axom_boy

last weekend i was watching '300' at Siam Paragon and something striked me....

i dont know how it was rated in thailand.....but what was surprising was that every scene showing boobs was blurred ... whereas it was normal to see heads being cut (in slow motion) ....

and i saw children in the theater too!!

<deleted>!!

"Association for Promoting Warmth and Happiness in Families"??? :D Classic!

Must be another inactive post for Somebody's missus then? :D

The magazines I like best are the ones with full colour murder and accident photos, and half-naked models interspersed between the carnage pages. Top read. :o

One can only imagine what the complaining woman looks like. Certainly the image of a much less than stunning woman who is simply jealous comes to my mind without much effort.

Here ya go John. Keep in mind that she's nearing 56. She's not an ugly hag, just a prude.

http://www.senate.go.th/senator/113_e.htm

No, she's not an ugly hag at all.

But she obviously has nothing better to do and feels she's on a crusade,trying to drag Thailand back 60 years or more. Khun Rabid Rat is obviously trying to make a name for herself among the dwarfs in the Senate. She wants to see an end to Full Moon parties and less ......SEX ....,at least the more obvious kind. After all Uni girls in tight white shirts and short black skirts are too sexy.

Rabid Rat and (Klime The) Ladda Tangsuphachai, director of the monitoring department at the Culture Ministry, are leading the Morality Crusade.

Perhaps if they are able to get rid of attractive women on the front pages, they can ensure we get more lurid pictures of burned and maimed bodies,accidents and crashed vehicles.

The new Tourist Authority slogan "Insane Thailand".,

As a footnote, Ladda was responsible for the banning of this book:

Time to wake up and smell the pok pok.

:o ^^Quite a passable "<deleted>", or probably "<deleted>", given her age. :D

Thailand has always had these "morality crusaders" like Mumsy above. She's just after "Khunying" title or something similar. Remember Purachai the morality campaigner? He is still a hero to the Thai middle classes, and rightfully so, as he shuts down nightclubs that have condoms on the premises....

All style over substance, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. :D