Protecting Falang Interests In Thailand

sarpesius

All groups, especially ethnic ones, learn by necessity to defend themselves against prejudice and harassment and oppression.

When we hear of anti-foreign sentiment in thailand, we are usually talking about persecution of white people (although other ethnic and racial groups may also experience it).

for example -- I do not think "anti-foreign" sentiment means anti-chinese at this point in thai history, although it may have a few decades ago.

To defend ourselves against harassment, we can increase our solidarity.

This means forming tighter social organizations in thailand that maintain more frequent and more focused communication about trends and dangers. Forums like tv represent an important element in that process.

If new laws are passed that endanger us, we can take appropriate action.

Such a group can make contacts within the police, politicians and local business and religious leaders. There are always ways to negotiate to reach settlements if problems arise. There will often be some people in any power center with whom we can deal, although of course there will be other who just hate white people.

"Gifts" placed in the right hands can be used to protect our interests. For example -- if a certain policeman or a certain police station seems to be harassing whites, making a gift to the right person at the right level might have those officials transferred to the south.

In this case, the first thing to do is identify the bad guys and then find out who our friends are within a specific community.

Solidarity and concerted action also means contacting our embassies with mass appeals. Politicians within our home countries can be alerted to persecution. Such action will be less effective and will take more time but may affect trade and immigration treaties in the future.

If there is physical harassment of members of our community within a specific town or province, there are usually specific individuals who are doing it. These individuals can be found out.

Caucasians have a knack for being able to use technology. Technology can be used for surveillance and for the neutralization of hostile elements. Sun Tsu says the first step toward victory is good intelligence.

There are other things that can be done for the long range.

These include setting up a fund to take care of half-thai, half-white children, to make sure they are not mistreated because of their racial mix. Scholarship funds can be set up.

Mentors can be established if the father or another person is not available. Such mentors would watch over thai-white children to protect them and shepherd them through schooling and career choice.

This is not a white racist, white power blah blah. Nor is it meant to disparage or leave out other groups. It is a recognition of the reality that all groups can be victims of racism and that, at any time in any place, defensive and protective measures can work.

sarpesius

This has got to be the goofiest of all posts I have read in the last 6 months! It is possible, on a good day, to tolerate other farangs in all their madness. But to desire some kind of solidarity or unification against the Thais, how absurd! I moved here because I like Thai people. I've stayed here because I love them.

I suppose all us white folk could gather on Walking Street in Pattaya (the soon to be world-recognized Selma, Alabama of Thailand) and join hand in hand (pass the latex gloves, please!) and sing "We Shall Overcome".

"I have a dream that some day, the white man in Thailand shall be judged by the content of his character (god forbid) and not the color of his skin."

Westerners are not like the Sikh immigrants into Thailand, which were and still are a highly homogeneous community. Westerners come from all countries, and from very diverse socio-economical backgrounds that make up our societies in the west. It will be impossible to find any common denominator here with westerners living in Thailand.

Basically, and personally, there are more than a few westerners here i would not want to be associated with, and therefore this new gang would have to live without my membership. Don't count me in, please, even though i am rather Caucasian. :o

It's an unjust world.

The majority (of the minority) cop injustices on the chin, it's the price each person pays in exercising their freedom to live where they choose.

My admiration for blacks, asians, arabs etc that choose to live in my world (white anglo english speaking), and also accept the ineluctable fact that they will be dealt with unfairly, more regularly, holds no bounds.

Cop it on the chin you sook! :o

Westerners are not like the Sikh immigrants into Thailand, which were and still are a highly homogeneous community. Westerners come from all countries, and from very diverse socio-economical backgrounds that make up our societies in the west. It will be impossible to find any common denominator here with westerners living in Thailand.

Basically, and personally, there are more than a few westerners here i would not want to be associated with, and therefore this new gang would have to live without my membership. Don't count me in, please, even though i am rather Caucasian. :D

same as what he said :o

???? :o

Why are people jumping down the ops throat?

Maybe he didn't explain himself well enough for misunderstandings that appear when reading and writing on the net.

I see it like this:

There are many "Ethnic" based groups in Australia who, look after "their" community socially, business wise etc. and lobby governments for better outcomes for themselves.

Should I fear those?

Should they be ridiculed or banded racist?

No.

I'm sure this would be the case in many Multi racial/cultural countries.

This type of thing (forming a group) happens in every level of society, from church groups to political parties and a million things between, they all have an agenda.

Being on TV is one itself!!!!

Of course you can critisize but to ridicule is just poor thinking.

Keep your mind open.

As a personal observation, I don't believe that the majority of westerners who move to Thailand are the kind of people who believe in collectivism.

This may be for many reasons. To be charitable we might argue that many are highly individualist. To be less charitable we may comment that many have run to Thailand to escape responsibilities and have no desire to take more on in Thailand.

Either way, I can't see collectivism having much of a chance in Thailand's expat community.

That is not to say I do not believe that the expat community and Thailand itself, would benefit from opening the doors to allow expat views to be expressed and listened to.

I'd also add there are a lot of guys out there who do give a lot to the expat community, working to contribute and give help to others when they need it.

If you want to get involved there are no shortage of places and organizations to join.

I also think it is a good idea.

There's a lot of untapped falang brainpower and potential here in Thailand. We could be quite a force if we got organised.

Hey, Rambo, are you sure you're not subconsciously thinking "braun and firepower" too? :o

Basically, and personally, there are more than a few westerners here i would not want to be associated with, and therefore this new gang would have to live without my membership. Don't count me in, please, even though i am rather Caucasian.

that , from colpyat , really says it all.

this however , from sarpesius ,is pure nonsense

If new laws are passed that endanger us, we can take appropriate action.

Such a group can make contacts within the police, politicians and local business and religious leaders. There are always ways to negotiate to reach settlements if problems arise. There will often be some people in any power center with whom we can deal, although of course there will be other who just hate white people.

"Gifts" placed in the right hands can be used to protect our interests. For example -- if a certain policeman or a certain police station seems to be harassing whites, making a gift to the right person at the right level might have those officials transferred to the south.

As a personal observation, I don't believe that the majority of westerners who move to Thailand are the kind of people who believe in collectivism.

This may be for many reasons. To be charitable we might argue that many are highly individualist. To be less charitable we may comment that many have run to Thailand to escape responsibilities and have no desire to take more on in Thailand.

Either way, I can't see collectivism having much of a chance in Thailand's expat community.

That is not to say I do not believe that the expat community and Thailand itself, would benefit from opening the doors to allow expat views to be expressed and listened to.

I'd also add there are a lot of guys out there who do give a lot to the expat community, working to contribute and give help to others when they need it.

If you want to get involved there are no shortage of places and organizations to join.

I think you would actually need to be living in Thailand in order to join the particular mob suggested by the OP :o

Edited by garro

I think you would actually need to be living in Thailand in order to join this particular mob

Well there are two mobs there, those that wish to get involved and those that do not. Which mob had you in mind?

I think you would actually need to be living in Thailand in order to join this particular mob

Well there are two mobs there, those that wish to get involved and those that do not. Which mob had you in mind?

I had actually edited my post before your reply to make it clear it was the OP's mob I was referring to. I hope this helps :o

screw it.

Lets go all out and go for white minority rule, a la Seth Efrika pre 1990.

It would be great. Whole neighbourhoods for the whites. Day passes for the local labourers.

We could put people in 'independently' run homelands. We could squeeze the whole of BKK into the Rangsit area. Hey, Don Muang could even be a 'seperate but equal' airport to Suvanaphum. The rest of BKK for the whites.

Chinese Thai's would have to be 'honorary whites, though as they are important to the economy. Japanese too, but we can leave them to the Mid-Sukhumvit soi's and that would be fine. The frenchies can keep Suan Phlu.

Mixed relationships would be out of course. That screws up the plan of your average package sex tourist, but hey, the white minority government can invade Cambodia (a la Namibia) and have their dirty little weekends there.

I myself of course would be totally screwed. Half white, quarter Chinese, I suppose I would be allowed to sit in rows 3 to 8 on the bus, but luckily, not right down the back.

I guess, if I never went outside, I could pass myself for Spanish or something, but I need to work on rolling my 'r's to really be able to pull that one off.

I don,t want to sound condescending or anything................. but we already have the best support and advice at our fingertips already...........Thai Visa. Com

If you are in need of lawful assistance, advice wise, this will provide more diverse information than you would ever get elsewhere.

IMHO of course

No offence to the O.P. intended :D

marshbags :o

One important point that didn't get mentioned is that I consider myself a guest in Thailand. I didn't grow up here and even though I am married to a Thai and "own" a home here I still consider myself a guest. As such I will respect there laws and customs and most of all there right to run there own country. If it becomes too uncomfortable for me I will go home.

I have issues with people who come from somewhere else and then try to tell the locals how to live. I already have all the power that I need and that is to stay or to go.

One important point that didn't get mentioned is that I consider myself a guest in Thailand. I didn't grow up here and even though I am married to a Thai and "own" a home here I still consider myself a guest. As such I will respect there laws and customs and most of all there right to run there own country. If it becomes too uncomfortable for me I will go home.

I have issues with people who come from somewhere else and then try to tell the locals how to live. I already have all the power that I need and that is to stay or to go.

I like the cut of your jip. Well done. Keep it up

These include setting up a fund to take care of half-thai, half-white children, to make sure they are not mistreated because of their racial mix. Scholarship funds can be set up.

Would that fund finally ban half/half kids dominating the music, advertising, TV and movie mass entertainment media?