LPG vehicle cylinders

Sir Swagman

I have a LPG car and the cylinder (I just noticed) certification expired January 2018. Is there anywhere in Chiang Mai where this cylinder can be inspected and recertified? If so I presume it will be for 5 years, not the original 10. Also my wife went to get the system checked and was told that annual inspections of LPG systems are now required prior to registration renewals, but I can find no ‘official’ statement to say that the previous 5 year validity inspection has been superseded. Can anyone supply answers to this please?

10 minutes ago, opalred said:

i payed to remove the lpg from the car cheaper in the long run now

My town car - on LPG - is almost exactly 1/2 the running cost - cost per km - compared to 95, which it requires.

Short run or long run.

13 minutes ago, Sir Swagman said:

Thanks for the responses, pity they had nothing to do with my questions............

Why don't you ask at the places that sell LPG?  Sell LPG tanks? Install LPG fuel systems? Or the on the automotive forum? More likely to find people who know about it.  

People here are mostly immigration whinners and food freaks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Why don't you ask at the places that sell LPG?  Sell LPG tanks? Install LPG fuel systems? Or the on the automotive forum? More likely to find people who know about it.  

People here are mostly immigration whinners and food freaks.

You are of course quite correct. I have been making my own inquiries, but held out what is now seemingly a vain hope that someone might emerge that wears their underpants on the outside, is faster than a speeding minivan, more powerful than the odour emerging from the storm drains, able to leap TM 30’s in a single bound and.....oh well. Guess it is as you say.

We use a place near Maya. Not home now so all the info I have is there.

Will drop off our town car for an upgrade to multi port system in the fall.

If memory serves ... always a risky business ... 10 years is it. No inspection and recert. Replace.

Go south on Superhiway from Maya. Take the first left - big red and gold sign for a restaurant ...

Wind your way back - more or less heading toward Canal road. Place on the left.

High roof. Nice old Rain Tree on the right.

Excellent service. No English.

sir Swag

we got ours done 4 years ago at an LPG service center place across the super highway from Macro, San Kampaeng, going north from the traffic light (just south of  Macro) on the super highway its maybe, a couple hundred meters, beside an lpg filling station . ours is due again next year, I think it was 500 bt, guy stands beside the car they take a pic, done he, never even looked at anything, but at that time he was only there early afternoons, 2 different inspection stations told us to go there so it must be well known.