Remove CNG/NGV Tank from Car?

ElephantEgo

I own a Honda City CNG which is pointless in Phuket because zero filling stations sell the damn fuel!

Now I need to update my government car tax sticker and they said I need to get my CNG tank checked in Surathani or removed in Phuket. Perfect!

Can anyone direct me to a garage/mechanic that can remove (hopefully buy) my CNG tank? I heard from the transport office that there is a place on the Bypass but I have no idea where...

Thanks

I had exactly  the same problem. Had to drive to Surit to get the CNG test certificate. The mechanic we used for years south of Chalong Circle. opposite Food for Farangs, Fishermans Way 2, removed all the CNG system (lot more room in the boot) and took care of all the registration paper work. 5,000 baht.

Okay that sounds reasonable. Yeah I dont really see how anyone would pay for the equipment in Phuket but  in Bangkok or some other areas I'd assume it has a decent value.

Anyhow, I guess by removing the tank I will, as a result, not need to go to Surat for certifying it anymore. So I can get my road tax done here in Phuket finally.

Tangent: I wonder if the road tax thing is really worth all this trouble. If the police see my government tax is not paid, they take 500 THB only! Last I checked the road worthiness testing and certification cost about 1800+ THB!

It almost seems more economical to get caught once or twice (or even thrice) per year instead of doing the paperwork and paying the fees!

The test in Surat was 1,000 baht. Have to post later, like a week later. Factor in fuel costs and time. we stopped the night on the way back. You go figure.

It's not just the tank remove. It's the fill gauge and pipes under the hood. Plus take out the electronic control. Takes a full day 2 guys. He also spent most of the day waiting in the inspection queue at Phuket DVLC. Then went back to collect the new number plates.   As I said we were well pleased to solve the nightmare of buying a second hand car from my wives friend in Buriram. We had no Idea was CNG. 

Edit ... or that we needed a CNG test certificate every year. No test places Phuket. Closest Surat Thani and Had Jai.

Edited by LivinginKata