Thai road carnage: Six dead in two accidents on Saturday night

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that six casualties were added to the list of Thailand's road dead in two separate accidents on Saturday night. 

In the first accident on Route 340 from Chainat to Suphanburi four people died when a red Mitsubishi Champ slammed into the back of a truck trailer parked outside the Shell gas station in Nai Muang sub-district, Muang district. 

One initially survived but despite the efforts of rescue personnel succumbed to injuries. 

The victims were the driver aged 59 and three others aged 62, and two aged 54. 

The driver of the trailer said that he had a bad stomach and had parked outside the gas station in order to use the lavatories inside. When he came out he saw what had happened. 

The driver of the car was tested for alcohol and autopsies were ordered. 

The second accident was on the Sena to Ayuthaya Road at KM marker 3 where a black Toyota Vigo collided with and snapped a tree in the central reservation. 

Two victims were thrown out and died at the scene. One was a 32 year old man. 

Police said the vehicle overturned and flipped and the accident occurred in a rain storm with accompanying slippery conditions. 

Pictures on Daily News showed all the victims wrapped in white cloths. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-26

problem in Thailand is that trucks simply park on the verge but still well over the driving lane on the roads and do not have lights on or their tail lights are that dirty you cant see them, I have even had one truck that was unloading in a private driveway and the doggy was fully across the driving lane and they had no warning lights at all plus it was on a very dark section of highway. Even here in the city they park almost on the corner of the soi's and have no lights, trucking in Thailand is pretty bad and many simply dont care or think of other road users, add the fact police dont enforce the laws regarding them and it makes it worse. 

i was out last night in Jomtien and the number of vehicles without any lights on at all was just mind bogling, what is it with Thais and vehicle lights, do they think they will run the battery down . the old adage , SEE  and be SEEN needs publicity here. ( well i see it every night)

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

Not to mention the other 60 deaths that occurred on Saturday as a result of dozens of traffic accidents elsewhere in the country.

News reports like this make it appear as if these two accidents were something unusual and out of the ordinary. They are not. Even the watch collector has admitted only recently that on average 65 people in Thailand die in traffic accidents every single day of the year. The WHO puts that figure even higher at 76 deaths per day.  

21 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Any use to test for alcohol on a dead person?

Yes ofcourse,to determine the cause of he accident and i am sure the insurance companies would like to know also.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

i was out last night in Jomtien and the number of vehicles without any lights on at all was just mind bogling, what is it with Thais and vehicle lights, do they think they will run the battery down . the old adage , SEE  and be SEEN needs publicity here. ( well i see it every night)

in the UK you will be stopped and fined for a light defect - there is a reason

Thai's are morans when they get behind the wheel of a vehicle.  I doubt many really got their license without paying someone off.  Today just driving 15 km to town.  Cars are cutting in front of me with no signals, trying to get in front of you no matter who they kill.  Half of the cars do not have either a license plate, brakes lites working or even good brakes.  That doesn't include the fumes that come out of half the cars here.   Thai's should be retested every 5 years and cars inspects yearly no waiting 7 years before the first inspection.  This is crazy.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Those bar stuards need to be shot in the head. Their no brain skull can't comprehend the meaning of being SEEN. They think their lights are only for them to help them see. Worst are the ones in poor lit car parks where you depend or mirrors to see if someone is coming up or going down a ramp.. Bloody morons!

I am sick of this same old road death toll rubbish being spouted over and over again ad infinitum.

Who cares?

Let them die.

The Thais and the people dying in huge numbers don’t seem to care so why should anyone else.

17 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

I am sick of this same old road death toll rubbish being spouted over and over again ad infinitum.

Who cares?

Let them die.

The Thais and the people dying in huge numbers don’t seem to care so why should anyone else.

You may care if one decides to take you with them???? 

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Not to mention the other 60 deaths that occurred on Saturday as a result of dozens of traffic accidents elsewhere in the country.

News reports like this make it appear as if these two accidents were something unusual and out of the ordinary. They are not. Even the watch collector has admitted only recently that on average 65 people in Thailand die in traffic accidents every single day of the year. The WHO puts that figure even higher at 76 deaths per day.  

Daily News report on the carnage every single day. 

Also every single day they publish the stats "at the scene" - they are doing what they can to keep the issue up front in the minds of their readership. 

Rooster

49 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Who cares?

Let them die.

I actually care because the next victims might be my family me or my friends, just driving carefully along and we encounter one of these idiots. I’ve already had one hospital stay here after a car on the wrong side of the road was driven head on into my motorcycle and I don’t want to take any more chances.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

No, but they are scare of the elecric bill.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

I was told by a Thai in all seriousness that having your lights on uses more petrol/diesel.  

1 hour ago, wjhall said:

I was told by a Thai in all seriousness that having your lights on uses more petrol/diesel.  

It does but easily overcome by ensuring that all your tyres are inflated to 60 psi or higher.

My wife's nephew told her he uses nitrogen gas to fill his tyres because it saves fuel.

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

" I can see where I am going, why should I put my lights on for somebody else,s benefit "

A typical Thai selfish " me first attitude "

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Don't forget Thailand only counts the dead at the the scene not the ones that die later.

Archived