Songs Which Remind You Of a Part Of Your Life.

NoshowJones

Born in 1961 , started to appreciate music in the mid 70’s , some huge changes in musical styles in those years ( punk, new wave, funk, prog rock, northern soul, disco, hard rock ).
Bowie, Led Zep, Floyd, ( Peltin’ ) Elton all at the peak of their careers.
Electronic music taking off with bands like Kraftwerk and Gary Numan.

Obviously I didn’t like it all and in fact some of it I hated , but any song from this era brings back memories of the best years of our lives , in my case age 14 to 20.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Most of my early teenage romances and fumblings were to a background of T.Rex. This song will always remind me of my first "inside, up top" round the back of the youth club ...

Chicken legs riding a white swan - the mind boggles!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I loved it at the time, infact I knew all the words, now there's a confession.

#Metoo

Yup, I really did, & thought it was so funny.

:laugh:

????"She nearly swooned at his Macaroons"

"Hot rolls every morning & crumpet every night"

Something like that anyway.

????

• Haha 1

Here's another blast from the past, I had just got posted to Germany in the early 70s and discovered Tony Marshall and him singing Schone Maid (beautiful lady). Trust me it is worth watching. So innocently funny.

• Haha 2

One Night in Bangkok! To be fair, ole Murray Head was right on the ball.

Some good stuff on here - nice to see Moby mentioned. But Kraftwerk on da Autobahn for me (kometenmelodie 2) and sitting listening to Shine on You Crazy Diamond on the headphones as a 4 year old had a massive impression. How many kids sit to music like that nowadays?

What a day for a daydream, the lovin Spoonful 1966, secretly out with a boy when I am supposed to be doing homework. San Fransico sang by Scott McKensie, 1967 made me feel kinda grown up, the last but not least Sharing the night together Dr Hook 1978 although it was much later that it became a reminder of my divorce,  I love the 60's and 70's music.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JWRC said:

What a day for a daydream, the lovin Spoonful 1966, secretly out with a boy when I am supposed to be doing homework. San Fransico sang by Scott McKensie, 1967 made me feel kinda grown up, the last but not least Sharing the night together Dr Hook 1978 although it was much later that it became a reminder of my divorce,  I love the 60's and 70's music.

One of my favourites too - but with happy memories of my first marriage.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, possum1931 said:

Which songs when you hear them remind you of what part of your life. In the few weeks leading up

to me coming to live in Thailand, I was listening a lot to Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis, then

in the early part of my living in Thailand, it was Angel Band by George Jones and Vestal Goodman.

Great topic Possum.

I never heard of "Three Wooden Crosses" by Randy Travis until now ...