Best Burger in Town

SidJames

55 minutes ago, popeyesretreat said:

There seems to be a problem getting good meet in Thailand, why I do not know? They have a lot of land to raise grass fed cattle but they do not raise good cattle, I have no idea why as i am not a rancher. If they did then a In-n-Out would be opening soon, now I want to go to In-n-out and get a double double with onions. lol But with Burgers and Pizza any burger or pizza is better then no burger and pizza, if they are good people will talk and then you can judge for yourself. 

There is one good herd around CM or CR which supplies the meat for the burgers at the fire station in Soi 11 Bangkok.  But in Pattaya I read about and subsequently visited a great mom and pop place on soi Buakao soi 21 . It does great ribs and super brisket burgers much better than mince meat.

8 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

There seems to be a problem getting good meet in Thailand, why I do not know? They have a lot of land to raise grass fed cattle but they do not raise good cattle, I have no idea why as i am not a rancher. If they did then a In-n-Out would be opening soon, now I want to go to In-n-out and get a double double with onions. lol But with Burgers and Pizza any burger or pizza is better then no burger and pizza, if they are good people will talk and then you can judge for yourself. 

Simply put, Thais are not big beef eaters.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:06 AM, baansgr said:

Ive not tried but lotta guys said they are good. Just Burgers, outside Metro Condo bottom end of Beach Road Jomtien. run by an American I think so should be good

It's cheap and greasy but it's not that great imo.  Just about any of those cheap thai run hamburger stands all over town are just as good. 

The Aussie burger stand on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakao is probably just as good if not better, if you happen to be around there.  But I guess if you are in that area of Jomtien you don't have nearly as many options.

Edited by lapd

On 8/26/2019 at 5:20 AM, JaiLai said:

Biggest rip off in town.

The burds are growlers too.

I always laugh at all the stupid tourists sitting in that place when I walk by.  But the restaurant seems to be doing well so I guess they are laughing too.

3 minutes ago, lapd said:

I always laugh at all the stupid tourists sitting in that place when I walk by.  But the restaurant seems to be doing well so I guess they are laughing too.

Hooters does OK, the customers don't seem to mind being laughed at! Nor do I feel the girls are growlers, they catch my eye despite better shows being available just up the street. 

I never thought it would survive those many years ago. 

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Hooters does OK, the customers don't seem to mind being laughed at! Nor do I feel the girls are growlers, they catch my eye despite better shows being available just up the street. 

I never thought it would survive those many years ago. 

I've never been close enough to see the waitresses.  Won't ever go in there that's for sure.  Same with Hard Rock and their 1000 baht burger or whatever it costs now.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, lapd said:

Also because beef cattle supposedly do not do well in the hot humid climate.  So good beef needs to be imported.

I don't think that they hang the beef here.

The animal is killed, butchered & sent straight to market.

I read on this forum a post from a retired butcher who bought a side of beef fresh in the market, brought it home, butchered it then hung it properly in his fridge claiming that it was great.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, Los Luver said:

Well, there is Hooters. I had, once, what was for me the largest burger I had in my life couldn't finish it. Remember I paid 800 Baht, not sure if the heineken was included or not.....

Wow, that's $27 USD.  Or 21 GBP. Don't know about the best but it's the most expensive I've heard of in Pattaya. 

2 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Wow, that's $27 USD.  Or 21 GBP. Don't know about the best but it's the most expensive I've heard of in Pattaya. 

I mentioned earlier, prices in there are a complete rip off.

I went with 2 friends, we had a burger or someting similar and a beer each and i think the bill was close to 3K!!

8 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

Hooters prices are way over the top.....But the pricing is even worse than it first seems.....For one the more western currency's fall the more expensive Hooters gets, then add on 7% for VAT and a 10% service charge and the girls expect a tip on top of that.....So one hamburger 575 plus one beer 199 plus 17% 905 baht plus 40 baht tip 945 baht for one burger and one beer (almost 1,000 baht)....

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, lapd said:

Hooters customers care zero about getting value for their money....Its as simple as that... 

15 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I have not noticed Mulligans but Hooters is inexplicably busy on occasion despite their sky high prices....I mean come on 199 baht for a small Chang beer ??? 

Oh I agree, tried the place a few times when it first opened, took them a bit to get working efficiently. Often look inside en-route to cheaper venues. 

22 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Hooters customers care zero about getting value for their money....Its as simple as that... 

Not caring about value is going to food park in the basement of Central Festival and paying 120 baht for Kao Man Gai.  

Hooters prices are waaaay beyond that.  They are a complete rip off.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1