Region 8 Police blitz nets thousands of suspects, huge drugs haul, targets illegal racers

snoop1130

Region 8 Police blitz nets thousands of suspects, huge drugs haul, targets illegal racers

By The Phuket News

1566812429_1-org.jpg

The results of the blitz were announced on Friday (Aug 23). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Regions 8 Police arrested more than 3,589 suspects and seized more than 190 firearms – including a “weapon of war” automatic rifle – as well as 1,340 bullets and nearly 172,000 meth pills, more than 6kg of crystal meth in only 20 days during a crackdown throughout Southern Thailand’s upper seven provinces.

Region 8 Police Commander Lt Gen Pongwut Pongsri announced the results of the crackdown at a press conference held at the Region 8 Police headquarters, located at the northern tip of Phuket, on Friday (Aug 23).

The press conference was held to highlight the number firearms and drugs seized during Region 8 Police’s ongoing campaign “Protection for safety of residents 2019” that began on June 27, Gen Pongwut said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/region-8-police-blitz-nets-thsouands-of-suspects-huge-drugs-haul-targets-illegal-racers-72633.php#QmDfQXgxJDmMpP6z.97

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They never seem to show the suspects now,they have not even got a board at the

back,with faces and arrows,etc. Farangs seem to be the exception.

regards worgeordie

Because they have us under control with the TM30 haha

The “weapon of war” automatic rifle looks home made with a butt stock made of steel struts. I wonder if it fires.

Doesn’t really seem a big haul from the whole of the South and why do the cops need a special crackdown to go after criminals? Isn’t it their everyday job? I would guess they could have collected more drugs, illegal weapons and ammunition by doing a thorough search of Koh Tao alone.

9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The “weapon of war” automatic rifle looks home made with a butt stock made of steel struts. I wonder if it fires.

Doesn’t really seem a big haul from the whole of the South and why do the cops need a special crackdown to go after criminals? Isn’t it their everyday job? I would guess they could have collected more drugs, illegal weapons and ammunition by doing a thorough search of Koh Tao alone.

you live in fantasy land

Archived