Trump says Melania has 'gotten to know' Kim Jong Un, but they have never met

webfact

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

When you mention "Be Best" - She's one of the few (if not only) FLOTUS that has publicly disputed POTUS by literally humiliating him through her official statement for his racist remarks. I wish she did that more often. The man deserves it.

Got some documentation for that. When I googled it all I turned up was variations of Melania Remains Silent.

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Got some documentation for that. When I googled it all I turned up was variations of Melania Remains Silent.

Google LeBron James then.

CNN (of all) made a documentary on her:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/14/politics/melania-trump-woman-of-mystery-cnn/index.html

Not sure you can see the whole episode but there are some highlights on above link.

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:
15 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Am I right to assume that those who constantly accuse Trump for 'this' and blame him for 'that', you've all met him? I make that assumption based on the fact you all seem to know him awfully well. 

Who's "blaming" him for anything?

What an odd defense?

That's the sort of thing Trump minions say when they have NOTHING. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Google LeBron James then.

CNN (of all) made a documentary on her:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/14/politics/melania-trump-woman-of-mystery-cnn/index.html

Not sure you can see the whole episode but there are some highlights on above link.

I'm not going to sit through an entire video. You do it and let me know at what time the corroborating evidence appears.

Anyway, in the accompanying article there was this gem from her:

"In 2011, she went on ABC's "The View," and said, like her husband, that she felt Barack Obama needed to show his birth certificate, expressing suspicion over where he was born."

4 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Ah ok....whatever, they met or didn't....and how does this matter???  How does this directly impact Thailand, my TM30, visa applications, my bowels, health, etc...

So lies don't matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Am I right to assume that those who constantly accuse Trump for 'this' and blame him for 'that', you've all met him? I make that assumption based on the fact you all seem to know him awfully well. 

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Who's "blaming" him for anything?

What an odd defense?

He's been in the public eye for 50 years, had a long-running TV reality show and has never been shy about sharing his innermost thoughts. Most know him as well as they know the drunk down at the end of the bar, or our racist Grandpa telling us about "the coloreds" at Thanksgiving.

Perhaps we're doing Forethat an injustice? Maybe he meant it as an honest, if foolish question and now that we've told him the answer is negative, he will gratefully accept this information and move on.

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I'm not going to sit through an entire video. You do it and let me know at what time the corroborating evidence appears.

Anyway, in the accompanying article there was this gem from her:

"In 2011, she went on ABC's "The View," and said, like her husband, that she felt Barack Obama needed to show his birth certificate, expressing suspicion over where he was born."

Basically you're saying you're too lazy to check the evidence, then pull out something from 10 years ago that suits your agenda.

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Basically you're saying you're too lazy to check the evidence, then pull out something from 10 years ago that suits your agenda.

No, I'm saying that you should be as specific as possible when you cite a source. Because it's your evidence. If you don't want to bother to put the time into doing that, then why should I?

et another one of his litany of lies, it would be nice if a reporter asked about how, when, where and why the FLOTUS met the dictator.

Great bloke to know dispatches relatives and friends with anti aircraft guns, lives in luxury while his fellow countrymen freeze and starve to death.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Funny, on the one hand, you offer a defense of what Trump meant by Melania knowing Kim is that she learned about him but had no personal contact. On the other hand, you're asking people if they know Trump personally, as though that's relevant.

Doublethink much?

No. I'm defending anyone, especially not Trump. What I did was to point out that posters on here often say things about Trump despite having never met him. Yet they seem to know him awfully well. And those posters now claim that FLOTUS is unable to exercise that very principle herself? 

Let me rephrase: Is there a chance that POTUS referred to his wives increased knowledge of Kim Jong Un's persona? That he wasn't actually lying, he was simply dealing with FLOTUS increased knowledge the same way posters on here do when they comment on his mental status?

Personally, I don't know. I'm simply asking a question. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

What sort of things are people saying that would require a personal acquaintance with Trump? And if some people are saying such things, who cares? There's so much evidence of his constant false utterances and statements about matters of public importance.

As for there being a chance, anything's possible. But how probable is it? English makes a pretty clear distinction about this sort of thing by using "knowing" someone for a personal connection and "knowing about" someone for knowledge not based on acquaintance.

Nothing of what people say about Trump requires a personal acquaintance with Trump. That's my point.

Lie this time or semantic co**up? Considering the history of lies and semantic co**ups from Trump I am not betting on anything. Coin toss?

Heads...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

Nothing of what people say about Trump requires a personal acquaintance with Trump. That's my point.

Lie this time or semantic co**up? Considering the history of lies and semantic co**ups from Trump I am not betting on anything. Coin toss?

Heads...

Please. There is extensive documentation of Trump's lies and falsehoods. Not so much of his semantic co**ups. And given that in this particular case it's very basic English we're dealing with, the odds are overwhelming that he was lying once again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

Please. There is extensive documentation of Trump's lies and falsehoods. Not so much of his semantic co**ups. And given that in this particular case it's very basic English we're dealing with, the odds are overwhelming that he was lying once again.

I'd say a rough estimate is that the vast majority of what in left wing media is claimed to be "lies" are semantic co**ups or simply incorrect statements. But there's a huge difference between being incompetent and telling lies. I'm not saying he hasn't been caught lying, but the accusations are often taken out of thin air. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2