Bangkokians beware! Red light cameras start operation on Sunday

webfact

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Well cut my legs off and all me shorty airbag!... apart from your misunderstanding of krieng jai, you knew ALL the answers ALL the time didn't you?

Thanks for playing anyway.

thanks, although you seem to find it irksome if someone else knows what they are talking about.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what I have been noticing a lot lately are bike riders that simply drive through red lights if there are no cars on the intersection, they have always done it but lately I am seeing a real lot do it. Can see a lot of tickets being issued but <deleted> all being paid, even if they take their licences it wont matter as many dont have them anyway and will still ride/drive without them. Much better to seize vehicles/bikes till the fines are paid

On 8/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, Airbagwill said:

Baby steps??? THere's nothing by steps about itThailand has been galloping in the WRONG direction for 30 to 40 years. In an attempt to build up a motor industry and vehicle ownership they have ignored virtually ALL the science of road safety in an effort to promote untrammelled industry as cheaply as possible.

THere's nothing by steps about it, Thailand needs to adopt a clear holistic plan as it has been shown on a worldwide Cale that unless part of the plane steps become single issues and single issues don't work.

there' nothing "apocryphal" about the Bristol story - and calling it a "backwater" only underlines your own lack of knowledge on the subject....

for further info on this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-18072259

and 

https://thecityfix.com/blog/naked-streets-without-traffic-lights-improve-flow-and-safety/

not that I'm suggesting it would be a solution either for BK, its just that so many posters are uninformed and make baseless assumptions.

So you bring up the example of Bristol, a provincial backwater, with 463,000 souls, and modern roadways, then concede its not applicable.

Right then. Look up the definition of apocryphal. And backwater.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

So you bring up the example of Bristol, a provincial backwater, with 463,000 souls, and modern roadways, then concede its not applicable.

Right then. Look up the definition of apocryphal. And backwater.

I sense that some posters have to rush to google every time they read one of my posts......... but first, look up and read my post...... and ten read my other posts and then read up on analogue and then read up on gathering evidence and then putting forward an argument....it seems you are unfamiliar with most of this.

3 hours ago, seajae said:

what I have been noticing a lot lately are bike riders that simply drive through red lights if there are no cars on the intersection, they have always done it but lately I am seeing a real lot do it. Can see a lot of tickets being issued but <deleted> all being paid, even if they take their licences it wont matter as many dont have them anyway and will still ride/drive without them. Much better to seize vehicles/bikes till the fines are paid

Except they filter left then u-turn to the green light and make a right.....maybe the cameras will pick that up....of course if the junction was properly designed it would not be physically possible to do this.

8 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

And after 2 decades working in Thai businesses and government offices I fully (as far as that's possible) understand Kreng Jai which is more than most expats.... and I guess this includes you as your comments suggest

however if you ever have a reasoned agumrn t to come back on road safety I would like to hear it ... although I think that too is doubtful as you have resorted to aspersions instead.

No, it's OK airbag. You just carry on holding true and fast to the trope that there's absolutely no hope for improvement of anything ever ever here in Thailand or whatever else floats your happy wee boat.

7 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

thanks, although you seem to find it irksome if someone else knows what they are talking about.

You are the only one that's seriously irked here.

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

absolutely no hope for improvement of anything ever ever here in Thailand

QED Clear evidence that in common verbalise on road safety, the poster NL hasn't understood even the most basic of the issues I've mentioned.

With so many posters, no argument is put forward, just ad hominem bluster.

If someone ever comes up with a reasoned argument against anything I've posted I'd be happy to discuss. I see little chance of this.

However it is typical of the unthought out responses to Thailand's road safety problems .... Many people simply don't have a grasp of the basics. Rather than reading up or informing themselves people prefer to stick to nape-of-neck reactions that ignore the science and then prefer a similar approach when their arguments are shown to be fallacious.

Road safety is not a simple problem, it is complex and multifaceted and driving a car doesn't make you an expert on road safety ... Although it can make you a victim.

Thaivisa threads on road safety are full of those who know lots.....but understand nothing.

Archived