Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2019 at 9:51 AM, kellersphuket said:

do you have to do 90 day reports once you land in a western country and live there???

No, you dont.

Do you have to fill in a TM30 if you live in New York and visit New Jersey for the day?

No, you dont.

so why the hell should we? it's a stupid law and will damage thai business in the long run. maybe then immigration will start to listen.

Money money money.

Let's say you invite a Thai girl to stay with you within the EU. You are her official guarantee,and normally also her financial guarantee. She has to stay with you,so basically immigration in your country knows where she is (sleeps) all the time. The difference is she doesn't has to report to immigration every 90 days. 

10 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Not according to Phuket  Immigration

Then Phuket immigration has their own definition of possessor,or maybe don't understand the word.

I have done two TM30 as the possessor (the lease is in my name) when I moved to another condo,and just reported my self as the guest. The IO didn't even raise an eyebrow. 

So many pages, so many stories.

Could someone-and-really-one-who-knows-it-right reply on the following situation.

Arriving by air in BKK.

Living in BKK. (So, Chaengwattana is the IO)

Registered in a Yellow book.

House owner is not registered in the blue book.

I am not renting.

Staying on NON-O (volunteer).

Has to do reporting every 90 days (which is on the same time as extension of non-o visa.

Flying out the country once a year (360 days after fly-in).

Not traveling around in the country, if so, not even staying at hotel or anything which would register me.

TM30?

9 minutes ago, donim said:

So many pages, so many stories.

Could someone-and-really-one-who-knows-it-right reply on the following situation.

Arriving by air in BKK.

Living in BKK. (So, Chaengwattana is the IO)

Registered in a Yellow book.

House owner is not registered in the blue book.

I am not renting.

Staying on NON-O (volunteer).

Has to do reporting every 90 days (which is on the same time as extension of non-o visa.

Flying out the country once a year (360 days after fly-in).

Not traveling around in the country, if so, not even staying at hotel or anything which would register me.

TM30?

Yes,the TM30 has to be submitted by someone. CW are quite tough about this since early this year.

Where are you staying and how?

Is the owner a foreigner? You don't have a rental contract, so I guess self reporting are out of the question. 

Don't you have a landlord? 

I guess when you delete all the laws that you cannot enforce as people with influence will not allow it, then delete the laws that it's not worth enforcing as the transgressors have no money to pay fines, you're only left with motoring offences by drivers of non-luxury cars and TM30?

To explain the confusion that I had was when seeing this document, it says  "where alien HAS STAYED".

I am still staying at the same place as I arrived on the first day.

So, in fact as I read it, it is needed when I leave my home/place of residence and going out the country or to another place inside Thailand visiting family or friends or travelling.

I was wrong, then.

Writing in 'past nouns' , is this right way of using English language? (which is not my native..)

tm30-form-thailand.jpg.af191070e6b56c865d3e39d9475f9cbb.jpg

38 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Yes,the TM30 has to be submitted by someone. CW are quite tough about this since early this year.

That is the reason why I get need to lift my butt to have this done.

Is the owner a foreigner?

No. Thai.  It's a house, not a condo.

You don't have a rental contract, so I guess self reporting are out of the question. 

With the right proxies, that should be done easily I assume. People are able to report on behalf of others, with the right forms. (in my case the question arise: from whom do I need these).

Even without rental contract but do having a yellow book (tabien baan) helps, but I think that is not an issue on the tm30.

When renting a hotelroom, for a weekend, you get a bill and rarely an real contract.

I did live in a rental condo before, it was not in my name. I asked the staff to write a letter that I was residing in the room my (then) gf rented on her name. That letter was for the tm30 for which I was prepared for, but never needed it as it was not enforced back then and the owners of the place never did. (They didn't even had an copy of my passport/ID, I was just the narak Farang and the security staff still keeps the mails for me. And in that letter only my name was writen without additional information)

But I am going ot on this..back on the track.

Don't you have a landlord? 

What is a Landlord? The head of the home (chao baan) which is in the blue book and she is my wife, or the owner of the land on the Land title deed which my wife isn't.

7 hours ago, donim said:

That is the reason why I get need to lift my butt to have this done.

No. Thai.  It's a house, not a condo.

With the right proxies, that should be done easily I assume. People are able to report on behalf of others, with the right forms. (in my case the question arise: from whom do I need these).

Even without rental contract but do having a yellow book (tabien baan) helps, but I think that is not an issue on the tm30.

When renting a hotelroom, for a weekend, you get a bill and rarely an real contract.

I did live in a rental condo before, it was not in my name. I asked the staff to write a letter that I was residing in the room my (then) gf rented on her name. That letter was for the tm30 for which I was prepared for, but never needed it as it was not enforced back then and the owners of the place never did. (They didn't even had an copy of my passport/ID, I was just the narak Farang and the security staff still keeps the mails for me. And in that letter only my name was writen without additional information)

But I am going ot on this..back on the track.

What is a Landlord? The head of the home (chao baan) which is in the blue book and she is my wife, or the owner of the land on the Land title deed which my wife isn't.

Now you have answered the question. You're wife is the landlord and shall by law submit the TM30.

You can also self report using s proxy from your wife. 

Archived