Foreign house owner and guest house manager fined for not reporting foreigners within 24 hours

webfact

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is disgusting how the Thai Government picks on foreigners when they should be concentrating on getting their own house in order and by that i'm saying getting the online systems actually working correctly ( Which they do not work). In the past two years i have only managed to report online once. As fpr reporting online for the TM30, I gave up and had to spend the entire day reporting at region 1 in Bangkok and they still fined me 800 baht.????????????

41 minutes ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

Yinn, that is fair. If Thais go to my country Germany they do not have to report to Immigration every 90 days and they do not have to make an extension of stay every year for 1900 Baht. Now you start helping me, ok?

Ditto the US.

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Maybe we should all become like pikeys and live in mobile homes.

That way we could move around the country but still be at home. Problem sorted.

Actually I would love to have an RV here.

You dont see caravans either. 

15 minutes ago, Grayowl said:

Lol, this is unbelievable!  That people like you are still exists in Thailand in 2019 , are you for real ! Without asking I know your age and the difference in age between you and your wife ( 30 years if not more ) where you meet her, and where she come from. 

Are you not a shame to call this real marriage?  You supporting her , kids and her family with 2,000,000 baht a year ! Lol you are just a lottery win for them an atm. 
real relationship does not need 2,000,000 baht spending a year. 

Real relationship does not bought with money, 

real relationship not need to take care all the lady family,  like you the village bank . 

My god wake up, man like you are still here ? Most thai people not even dream on such amount in 1 year, you are just a source of money to them, feel sorry  for you. 
even if you rich and can afford it, love in not bought,  feel sorry for you that you think we live in thai in order to support thai people like a bank. 

Another newbie with 6 under his belt is on the attack, probably signed up under a different email account after being kicked off many times before.

You sound like a real expert on Thai women, or women in general, is that why you are bitter, angry and still single !

Would you know the first thing about love and family and the costs involved or are you too busy sitting on your bar stool porking the ladies, or should I say trying to convince them to come back to cheap Charlie's hotel room for free ????

Don't bother, dun and dusted !!!

Look for a recent Asia Times article that’s rather interesting. It’s about businesses, not expats concerns.
“Police state squeeze for Thailand’s expatriates.” New regulations require foreigners report to police each time they leave town, a security measure that could send investors for the exits.
A mid-August circular to international clients from a Hong Kong-based political and economic risk consultancy reported a more forceful response: “Some foreign staff of local businesses are considering relocating, as the existing requirements for reporting after traveling abroad are already overbearing, time-consuming and expensive. Piling on requirements for reporting domestic movements appears to be a bridge too far. “

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They are never going to scrap the TM 30, it's a nice earner for them,

the fines are even bigger than most of the fines been handed out on

the roads,it's always more dangerous not knowing where you are,

than going through a red light

regards worgeordie

Apart from fines, what’s the earner. It doesn’t cost anything. 

This isn't exactly on point with this story, but I just returned from abroad and attempted to submit my TM 30 on line (I have a user name and password). I was a bit confused with some of the form, but after filling out all the blanks (after a few tries), I hit the "บันทึก (Record)" button at the upper top right. A pop up message said to make sure everything was correct and that was that. I didn't attach any files such as a copy of my passport or entry stamp. So I'm not sure if the form was successfully submitted or not. Has anyone else done such a submission? If so, what was your experience?

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Another newbie with 6 under his belt is on the attack, probably signed up under a different email account after being kicked off many times before.

You sound like a real expert on Thai women, or women in general, is that why you are bitter, angry and still single !

Would you know the first thing about love and family and the costs involved or are you too busy sitting on your bar stool porking the ladies, or should I say trying to convince them to come back to cheap Charlie's hotel room for free ????

Perhaps he's just like thousands of other punters who come to Thailand for a good time and getting married is the last thing on his mind.

It's a bit like buying a book when you've got a library just down the road.

49 minutes ago, randy723 said:

I spend over 2 million bath per year, supposing my Thai our 2 kids and helping her family, but I have almost decided it is not worth living here under all these things that the Thai government is putting on me and all expats. I am almost ready to leave the country, have loved for over 15 years and spend my money in another country.

I do not know how much if any Thailand losing my 2 plus million per year would hurt, but I do know that if Thailand lost most or all the expats it would really hurt the good people in Thailand that depend on us.

It's your money, so who am I to say what you should do with it?  I'll leave that to the others.  However, it's obvious to anyone, that you either have too much money that you don't care, or you like to be duped. 

What did these people do before you?  Were they dying when you found them?

I want to hit your lotto.  Can I borrow some dosh?

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Every time I see folks complain about Thai paperwork, etc, I simply think of what its like for a Thai trying to get a visa to even enter the usa

Yes it is a lot of work for them, I know my wife went through it,  but once she got her green card she never had to deal with immigration for anything, which way do you want it, I know what my answer is

2 hours ago, Nielsk said:

How can it be a nice earner for them ?!?    Up to You. Make sure to do Your TM 30 Yourself or the host. Very easy !!

I do it without fail, many others don't understand it,others forget,then you get 1800 thb fine,

they must have raked in millions,and will continue to,as people are coming and going all the time.

I mean how many times do they need to know where you live,On entry,every 90 days,when you renew

your extension.

regards worgeordie

Is there any country, apart from perhaps North Korea, that possess such strict movements laws for foreigners that legally live and work in a country?

My friend and I were discussing this in the pub on the weekend. The government has my address linked to my visa, my work permit, my driving licence, my TM6 entry, my bank accounts, my car registration, and now a TM30. 

There can't be anywhere else where they have so many places to find out my whereabouts, yet still require more.

I am convinced this whole farce is an order from the TOP to siphon yet more money to the elite. 

46 minutes ago, Grayowl said:

Lol, this is unbelievable!  That people like you are still exists in Thailand in 2019 , are you for real ! Without asking I know your age and the difference in age between you and your wife ( 30 years if not more ) where you meet her, and where she come from. 

Are you not a shame to call this real marriage?  You supporting her , kids and her family with 2,000,000 baht a year ! Lol you are just a lottery win for them an atm. 
real relationship does not need 2,000,000 baht spending a year. 

Real relationship does not bought with money, 

real relationship not need to take care all the lady family,  like you the village bank . 

My god wake up, man like you are still here ? Most thai people not even dream on such amount in 1 year, you are just a source of money to them, feel sorry  for you. 
even if you rich and can afford it, love in not bought,  feel sorry for you that you think we live in thai in order to support thai people like a bank. 

You know nothing of the man , his wife or their relationship , consequently your rant is judgemental and based on stereotypes.

I know who I feel sorry for , the ignorant and bitter person you see in the mirror.

54 minutes ago, sambum said:

Correct - as is the Thai "anti logic" that most of them inject  about half a million baht EACH into the economy EACH YEAR!

Seems to be a case of getting the priorities "right"! :cheesy:   As another poster put it - forget the drug dealers and proper criminals at the top of the tree - let's get the low hanging fruit - easier to catch and fine on the spot! 

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

In my country, you can come for 30 day with no document at all. 

So more than 20 pages of document for two day holiday to your country.

AND must pay for Visa application

AND no refund if they reject visa application

because they ASSUME I liar and criminal.

i think more easy just to do the easy one page TM30. (And the hotel do it for 98%)

Or not? 

I happy to change. I do the free TM30 and you do 20 pages and pay. Ok?

No, in your country you need a onward ticket, proof of accomodation and 20.000THB cash in wallet...even then its hit and miss whether you get in or not depending on the I/O attitude....unlike Western civilised countries that have a set criteria that is uniform throughout their immigration dept.....Im outa this place tomorrow and not even bothering to get a re entry permit for the 8 months remaining on my extension as I have no intention of returning.

53 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lol sorry to disappoint you or to hurt your feelings,  no, I not single long time relationship for few years with an average normal thai lady from good family,  that work, and live together.

Second, my name is benny  i am 40 and not retire in Thailand,  I am a professional wildlife photographer, and hate the bars world, 

so sorry not sit in this bars, not own them, and not find ladies there. Not everyone is a cheap Charlie alcoholic old farang that sit all day drink beer and run after prostitutes. 

Real name and account , not been kike by no one before,  and not affriad also to criticize who I think need it , and not a newbie in Thailand .

I understand very well the value of family, and marriage.  And I stand by my words. 

Not bitter lol or angry, and no expert on ladies. I just said what I felt must be said according to what I reed, and from my experience in Thailand. 

Take care yourself 

11 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Lazy ducks always complain. Time to comply. Report tm30, do not cry over it again and again ????????????????

While people who complain are very tiresome. Thai Apologists are the worst. They would happily get robbed by a Thai, beaten with an iron bar and still wah back and say its all because they are poor.

Let's face it, its not just nearly all expats that are unhappy about this, its Thai wives, Thai landlords/landladys, Thai letting agents (they despise it) and the staff at CW (just see how they all get stressed about it all) shows you that most people see this as all unnecessary, money making, pain in the ****.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Perhaps he's just like thousands of other punters who come to Thailand for a good time and getting married is the last thing on his mind.

It's a bit like buying a book when you've got a library just down the road.

No I am  not one off those punters in my case,  but my experience in Thailand and in life, my understanding of thai culture,  from different angles,  what thai people think, and what expat think ( I know enough expat ) brought to answer like I did even if it was harsh.

and most expat I know or thai I know think the same.

7 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It will never happen but it would be fun to coordinate a mass withdrawal of 400/800k from the banks for expats. 

Why should anyone do this? 

Cause you are not able to fill the TM30 form ????

Got back from a trip two weeks ago. Houseowner sent TM30 within 24 hours by post. Heard nothing since. Two weeks of tension building up. Now waiting for the fists on the door.

And what if I had gone away and come back again in the meantime? Put another TM30 in the queue?

This is insane.

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

In my country, you can come for 30 day with no document at all. 

So more than 20 pages of document for two day holiday to your country.

AND must pay for Visa application

AND no refund if they reject visa application

because they ASSUME I liar and criminal.

i think more easy just to do the easy one page TM30. (And the hotel do it for 98%)

Or not? 

I happy to change. I do the free TM30 and you do 20 pages and pay. Ok?

Yinn... I think you are being deliberately obtuse. 

My (Thai) Wife can visit England any time she wants over a 10 year period (she has a 10 year Visa).

She doesn't not need to file any additional paperwork after she has entered. 

Yes, my Wife did have to file a significant amount of paperwork when applying for her visa as does any other nationality when applying for a UK visa - but once approved, thats it. 

She does not have to file a 90 day report, or file a report (TM30 equivalent) each and every time she moves to a different address. This summer in the UK we stayed in 5 different houses, 1 hotel and a campsite. IF in Thailand the filing of 7 different TM30's would be required.

You are right concerning entry requirements - Many Western Citizens can come to Thailand and obtain a Visa Exempt Stamp on arrival, but those countries do not reciprocate and a Visa application requires a lot of paperwork - this is because of significant economic differences and balance or probability that those of less economic means are more likely to seek illegal employment overseas - You are surely intelligent enough to understand this. 

After filling out a TM6 upon arrival, any other reporting is unnecessary, 90 day reports, TM30 are of no benefit whatsoever to Thailand or its visitors. Anyone undertaking an illegal activity will not be filing such reports or will find a way to lie and are thus outside of the system anyway. 

Archived