Toronto Consulate Exchange

I will be applying for a METV in a couple months from the Toronto consulate. I checked the application form and was concerned about the employer section. I emailed the consulate for clarification or expectation...

Me: I recently quit my job to travel the world for a couple years.  I want a thai METV.  The application asks about present position and name of employer.  

What do I write in this section? 

Will I be denied due to no present employer even though I can provide all other information including more than enough funds?

Consulate: You can put ‘none’, it makes no difference to this application.

End of email exchange.

It seems funny that they would ask for the information but then tell me it has no meaning. Why bother then?

I'm a bit skeptical still. I dont want to fork out a nonrefundable $250 application fee and then get denied based on this 1 piece of information if I follow his direction. I'd rather not lie on the application give some BS answer.

Any experiences, or thoughts, with this? Toronto experience would be really beneficial but other locations gladly accepted too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

At some consulates, if the financial proof you are providing is well in excess of the minimum, they will waive the employer requirement. I can well believe that Toronto would be one such consulate. With no first hand experience of the Toronto consulate to guide me, I would believe what you are told. Possibly, attach a copy of the email exchange to your application.

I was in this very same situation once. I enclosed a brief covering letter when I submitted the application explaining that I was not employed at the time, but I was able to show a bank account balance that would easily cover the duration of my travels. The visa was issued without a problem.