seeking Recommendation Personal Accident /Emergency Insurance

homeseeker

I am a long stay retired in BKK. I have health insurance and a recent emergency treatment was eventually covered; though the company was slow in agreeing to pay.

I am considering getting additional insurance cover for accident or emergency(eg say I fell down and needed treatment urgently, or I had a stroke or heart attack and was unconscious).

Can anyone recommend a suitable policy for me?

Thank u in advance!

But those are two quite separate things. The likelihood of an accident is statistically constant over your lifetime - although may increase slightly as you get more doddery. I've had an accident policy for the last 30 years at least that isn't costing me much more in annual premiums than it did when I first took it out.  One especial advantage is that my home is deemed to be my country of origin, where I took the policy out, and time spent in a hospital "overseas" (could be anywhere but let's say Thailand) as the result of an accident gives me roughly 20,000 baht per day, cash in hand. I've used it a couple of times and never had a quibble about a payout. The policy was originally offered by a different company but as is the way of the world, they've been taken over so the current issuer is AIG

An "emergency" such as stroke, heart attack etc. is statistically more likely the older you get, so premiums will increase and is what health insurance is designed to cover - and you already have that

Archived