Anyone ever got rid of termites with a pest control company?

zeekgarcia

Despite the above answer, I can assure you its an urban myth.

I can come and kill your termites but if there is food for them, they will be back straight after the next swarm, so 6 times a year as average.

Controlling them is a losing uphill battle,getting rid of them is more challenging than avoiding the March smog.

Pest control companies here all havea system. They spend two hours really showing interest, half a dozen concrete drills, flooding it, chemicals down your sink perimeter sprays and then you need to contact them every month for a 15 minute arbitrary spray. All this for your 8-10k annual service charge.

However, options are limited, you pay for it or you do it yourself but the key is to treat the food source not the pest. Remove the source or physically brush chaindrite into it and you have a slight chance.

No pest control co. will do that....why should they, they want more business.

Infact I think i should partner up with one of them and offer a proper timber infestation service, hahaha

If we see them infesting anywhere,we spray with Chaindrite,keeps

them in check,but wont get rid of them they will pop up somewhere

else,the nest with the queen could be a couple of house along,thats

why it is nearly impossible to completely eradicate them.

At the moment we don't have any in the house and it's been a couple

of years now,touch wood, sorry,but plenty all around in the garden,I

find their mounds and pour the liquid in ,as i say keeps them in check,

Pest control companies,as Eyecatcher says,when they first come,they

do a bit of work,and leave you with the false impression they are gone,

they come and spray around the house,but only on surface,that will

kill ants ,cockroaches,but the termites are underground in tunnels

and nests which are hard as concrete,so are not harmed,its an ongoing

battle with them, good luck

regards Worgeordie

I will second the suggestion of caution is using commercial companies - mostly, they are frauds or worse.  We contacted one very well-known company to control undesirables - the results were negligible - actually, I think we had more the following 6 months.

Suggestion?  Don't waste your money. 

Buy some Chaindrite and spray it around where the little buggers might collect.  Otherwise, smile - they've been here much longer than us.

• Like 1

Tried several companies that came to spray every month. Termites always returned after a short while. Adding chemicals to special piping under the house, plus multiple holes in floor had no effect long-term effect.

Then found out about Mini Bug Company Limited that uses an Australian method based on bait, instead of spraying. Problem solved. Haven't seen any bugs in 3 years.

Apparently, spraying only moves the bugs around. Bait is taken to the nest where it kills all buggers.