Visa For Uk Citizen

Non o based on retirement.

You could apply for non O-A. Some advantage with later one. Many threads about both options. Have a read. I like O-A as you can keep money requirement in own country. They provide almost 2 yr stay then you move to what's call annual extensions. Its not as hard as it appears but you need to tick off few requirements

Edited by DrJack54

If the finances are only the state pension, not many option to stay long term. best to visit a lot on 90 Day Non-O & 60 day Visas perhaps. 

There is the O-A with 22K in the bank in UK, 12 months from date of issue, leave and re-enter in month 11, and get another 12 months. Conditional health insurance being added to the visa continues to be rumored, which may sour that visa type soon. 

Non-O SE 90 days plus extension with 800kTHB, £22000 in the bank in Thailand! ( would probably need £25k to be sure. Take financial advice.

Also if she stayed continuously in Thailand the UK State pension would be frozen at it's current payment value.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

If you're solely reliant on the UK state pension then it won't be enough to meet the monthly income requirement of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) for a Long Stay Visa. Only you know whether you have the sufficient funds to apply or not. That's not factoring in the medical certificate or police record clearance (assuming that you'll clear those without a hitch).

Have a thorough read of the visa requirements below for a Long Stay Visa. If you don't qualify then a permanent base in Thailand isn't really for you, despite what the Dodgy Dave's here might otherwise tell you.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

PS: Heed what @UKresonant says above.

Edited by Senior Player

14 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Very helpful.

I find it strange that a person who lives here on a retirement visa, and reads this forum, needs to ask such a basic question, and all of you are going to write the requirements down over and over again???

• Haha 1

There is  also the forgotten ELITE  visa option 5 yr  10  yr 20  yr............how  longs  the old dear gonna  live?

"if"  she has  the savings and they dont introduce insurance it would be an option 500k-800k- 1  million

Edited by Chazar
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, amykat said:

I find it strange that a person who lives here on a retirement visa, and reads this forum, needs to ask such a basic question

I  find it strange you think everyone who  lives here reads  Tv daily and keeps  up with the stupid amount of visa changes/requirements.

Thank you for all your mainly helpful replies though a couple not so did surface. Why do people do that we should all stick together and try and be has helpful as possible to one another. The reason I asked the question in the first place has I understood that things had changed with regard to the visa situation in the UK recently. The last Visa I got was at Hull which was very easy

I am on a retirement extension so if I was to marry said lady would she have to have the same financial requirements of 800000 in the bank that I have?

12 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I  find it strange you think everyone who  lives here reads  Tv daily and keeps  up with the stupid amount of visa changes/requirements.

OMG, you can’t take a bit of joking around??  I hardly bullied anyone, I just used a bit of sarcasm, I thought you Brits liked that??  Although my first three word post was deleted.  I guess a bit more of a detailed question as to what and why the poster was asking ...you don’t need to read everyday to know what has changed, and the visa categories have not changed.

9 minutes ago, amykat said:

And Gee, this 69 year old woman might be getting married after all??  You forgot that this exists, not only for you old men in Thailand???  But I am being a bully to suggest it??

TVF does not need your type of posts. Post something positive and yes can sometimes can involve criticism. However you have contributed ZIP.

Well my point was simply that obviously a Retirement visa is the normal way to go, if you have some reason that you know that won’t work for her, such as financially she cannot qualify, then might as well state that so people can help you with the real issue.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

TVF does not need your type of posts. Post something positive and yes can sometimes can involve criticism. However you have contributed ZIP.

Well I disagree, suddenly we have some real issue coming out, and an idea that maybe he will marry her and now a real question to answer.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, khastan said:

Well I am 74 so I am old also so what's your point

Agree.

So back to your point. The thing with O-A is that the money in bank can be in your own country. Also does not need to be maintained in bank after visa granted. Maybe someone family etc could cover that until visa granted. That will give you 2 years stay in Thailand. Then you could repeat but need return home country. Wash and repeat

1 hour ago, khastan said:

Thank you for all your mainly helpful replies though a couple not so did surface. Why do people do that we should all stick together and try and be has helpful as possible to one another. The reason I asked the question in the first place has I understood that things had changed with regard to the visa situation in the UK recently. The last Visa I got was at Hull which was very easy

I am on a retirement extension so if I was to marry said lady would she have to have the same financial requirements of 800000 in the bank that I have?

I may be wrong but I believe, if you married the lady, your 800,000 THB in the bank would suffice for the two of you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khastan said:

chickenslegs Posted 10 hours ago

I may be wrong but I believe, if you married the lady, your 800,000 THB in the bank would suffice for the two of you.

Thank you. Could somebody please confirm that please?

You can either have independent retirement Extensions, requiring 800k each, or a dependent one, whereby a single 800k would suffice. It means one spouse's right to stay depends on the other staying. 

Edited by jacko45k

jacko45k Posted 1 hour ago (edited

You can either have independent retirement Extensions, requiring 800k each, or a dependent one, whereby a single 800k would suffice. It means one spouse's right to stay depends on the other staying.

Thank you that is very helpful.