TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

How many 1st world countries have laws from 1979 that were never updated to take into account the ease of international travel these days?

It does not matter how old the laws are, they are still the laws of the country and NO small minority group of foreigners will get a country to change their laws. This just shows that you were not willing to answer my questions honestly but instead had to try and show how "smart" you are by your answer that had nothing to do with the questions.

• Sad 4

18 minutes ago, newnative said:

Someone (not me) who lives in Pattaya is going to visit his relatives in Bangkok this weekend.  Someone (not me) will leave Friday and come back to Pattaya on Sunday or Monday.  Someone (not me) will be staying at his relative's house while he is in Bangkok.  Someone (not me) will not be filing a TM30 when he returns to Pattaya.  Someone (not me) is pretty sure there will not be a fine to pay in his future for not reporting this trip.

But at least we've  established it  wont be  you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

People with one year extensions of stay are by definition not illegal.

How does making them report their return to their own, long term private residence in any way help catch illegals?

We can't expect logic from this Sheryl, but I can tell you one thing, there is a farang living in this village who is an illegal, i.e. he has not renewed his extension for 3 years now, came from Pattaya after his wife spent all of his money gambling, not my business and not about to put him in, each to their own. I know this much, she is taking care of him best she can, which is at least better than dumping him for another guy or taking off.

I agree with that your saying wholeheartedly, I for one don't like it, but until they change it, will just have to keep reporting to them online, their country, their crazy ways, I am over getting angry about it, otherwise I would have been on the next plane back to where I came from, which is always an option, push come to shove, and fortunately for me, wife and the kids have citizenship from abroad, have money to keep us going, and will go with another push, i.e. plan B is there waiting for the next push.

Looking forward to them getting rid of the TM30 or making the necessary adjustments, but we all know lose of face plays a big part in Thai culture, otherwise known as pride/stubborness in the west, call it what you want.

Edited by 4MyEgo

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

I was informed by Jomtien in May if you are on a Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa reporting wasn’t required ?

I read by someone else posting that that has now changed, so what out for it, best do a walk in and ask to confirm, I think you will be surprised, as much as he was, just saying.

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

Many Thais are also complaining about TM30

They might be complaining, but who to? Have they formed a group to get all Thais to sign a petition? Have they formed a representative group to meet with the officials? It is no good them just complaining because that will not achieve anything. They are the ones that need to take action to have these laws changed but they are not even interested in lodging the TM30 so I cannot see them being interested in fighting to have the laws changed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

They might be complaining, but who to? Have they formed a group to get all Thais to sign a petition? Have they formed a representative group to meet with the officials? It is no good them just complaining because that will not achieve anything. They are the ones that need to take action to have these laws changed but they are not even interested in lodging the TM30 so I cannot see them being interested in fighting to have the laws changed

I  know some who have done the online petition, but many Thai live in fear of  telling anyone  higher up anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Embassies don't care, our govs & embassies don't want us living in foreign countries, frequently making work for them...they want us back in our own countries, working and paying taxes. Try complaining to your embassy and they'll say...we'll you don't have to be here, if you don't like it that much go back to your own country.

And stopping the apparent billions that are exported to thailand via pensions etc. They must hate that.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I wonder why ?

Its  not as "you"  might think for tax  evasion, many of them were already paying  tax.

You create a  fuss at  immigration and they make  life as  difficult as  possible for you.

3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I  know some who have done the online petition, but many Thai live in fear of  telling anyone  higher up anything.

Until the Thais stand up to the higher ones then these laws will never be changed because as every foreigner should remember we are only visitors here and we have no say in how the laws are to work, we can only obey the laws or move on to another country

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My owner lives in Germany, I do a TM28 at Jomtien which currently they appear happy with, it was done at Reception the last time a couple weeks ago, I didn’t even go into the office.

TM28 is for change of address

55 minutes ago, kevinmartyn said:

The "TM 30" form is not difficult to complete. What is making me smile is that the onwers of condo's, house's, etc are required to report who is staying their. BUT it's the "foreigners" who gets to pay the fine or should i say the "petrol" money. As a foreign in Thailand we just have to accept! Yeah it's annoying but as foreigners we are not going to get the strange "Law" changed! Saying that the United Kingdom still has strange laws and one is if you have less than 2 shillings and six pence in your pocket you are a vagrant! 

Just as a matter of self interest and the Thai Government slogan of "Good people in and Bad out" How many bad have been found????????????

Yes the vagrancy act is still in use and people have been prosecuted under the act for sleeping rough, but it is now under review as it is not considered fit for purpose, when will we be able to say that about the TM30 in Thailand or do you consider it fit for purpose. TM30 may be easy to complete but getting it to the right place can be a nightmare, our local police want nothing to do with it neither do the local ampho, I have to go with the wife to Chang Wattanaeven though I am on the Tabien Baan an have the yellow book, I went to Chang Wattana on my own but was told my wife as the house holder had to do it, went back the next day and was fined for being late in reporting

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I now know a few Thai landlords are not interested in registering their properties so the onus is on the farang to do it but why does the tenant have to do it?

Should crack down on the owners

yes, the other countries ( ASEAN ) around Thailand target the owners or guest houses or hotels, that do not comply withthe law. ONLY in THailand they go after the guest. Probably because they can can get money  out of it.  $$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puchooay said:

No. The owner of the property reports. Not the teacher.

If in any doubt, get the owner,or assist the owner to set up an account online. Get him/her to give you the account username and password and report yourself. Easy.

My question on this is