TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

Anymore updates from officialdom yet? apart from the toe the line mindset

Yes, they have a meeting in Ubon tomorrow and since it is in BBC, they seems to feel it is more important. They just can’t change a law quickly. But they know about the problems and the more it is in the media’s, the faster, I think, they will react. It is the big boss in Bangkok that decides....

10 minutes ago, Isaanlawyers said:

Yes, they have a meeting in Ubon tomorrow and since it is in BBC, they seems to feel it is more important. They just can’t change a law quickly. But they know about the problems and the more it is in the media’s, the faster, I think, they will react. It is the big boss in Bangkok that decides....

Thanks  good  to hear its being promoted more widely, I  appreciate ALL your  efforts.

• Like 1

The TM30 states “MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE LOCATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED”.

I have submitted TM30’s at both immigration office & at local police stations without any problems.

As my details for the TM30 rarely change, I filled one form, photocopied it and only have to fill in the date each time.

1 minute ago, Bantex said:

The TM30 states “MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE LOCATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED”.

I have submitted TM30’s at both immigration office & at local police stations without any problems.

As my details for the TM30 rarely change, I filled one form, photocopied it and only have to fill in the date each time.

in what areas? (police  stations)

11 minutes ago, Chazar said:

in what areas? (police  stations)

Local police in Sangkhlaburi accepted my TM30 today when I was visiting a friend. The police were previously sceptical at first about the TM30 but they phoned the nearest IO who confirmed it was OK for them to accept it before forwarding it to the Immigration Office. I was in & out with signed receipt in just a couple of minutes.

1 hour ago, chuck holmes said:

I have lived here for twenty two years with no problem follow the little rules what is the fuss all about. This is a great place to live.

Where do you live? I mean specifically... what is your home address?

Don't worry, I do not plan to visit.

Feeling apprehensive about sharing that information with me? Then sir, you are the model hypocrite.

3 minutes ago, Bantex said:

Local police in Sangkhlaburi accepted my TM30 today when I was visiting a friend. The police were previously sceptical at first about the TM30 but they phoned the nearest IO who confirmed it was OK for them to accept it before forwarding it to the Immigration Office. I was in & out with signed receipt in just a couple of minutes.

funny those guys in one of the most remote cities in Thailand even knew about TM30. Guess they only have a handfull of expats there.

9 hours ago, GraThai said:

I totally agree that TM30 is an outdated law however I have lived here in Thailand for 30+  years and try to abide by all the rules including this one. Every time I return home from a trip she fills in the form pops into immigration and its done so what is the massive problem...unless of course people have something to hide?????

Are you serious? "Pop Up to immigration"? For me from Pinklao its a 2 hours ride, wait 3 hours in queue, and another 2 hours back. Every time I go out of Bangkok? It is insane.

I would not mind if I could punch few keys on my smart phone's application. But the application is a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Where did she get the Visa in Thailand now the embassy is gone?

Trendy House in Bangkok, VFS Global process the U.K. Visas applications before scanning and sending too believe it or not too Delhi for decision.

9 hours ago, puchooay said:

You are going to sell your bike because a TM30 must be completed upon your return to your registered address? Really? Get online and register. It is very simple.

This whole TM30 saga has been blown totally out of proportion.

Goin g on line doesn't work.....the system simply doesn't work well enough. Perhaps 1/3 of the time, certainly less than 50% of the time

• Like 1

Posts in violation of the following forum rule have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Trendy House in Bangkok, VFS Global process the U.K. Visas applications before scanning and sending too believe it or not too Delhi for decision.

Did you have to act as her guarantor? Did she have to show proof of funds or property ownership? Even Thai wives are sometimes denied visas.

13 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Did you have to act as her guarantor? Did she have to show proof of funds or property ownership? Even Thai wives are sometimes denied visas.

I acted as guarantor, my G.F. has no job, no savings, no property nought, we have had 2 UK Tourist Visas and will apply for the 3rd one in January.

i spent a great deal of time writing the Sponsors Letter and there was loads of advice on T.V. bit of advice, just be truthful.

9 hours ago, GraThai said:

I totally agree that TM30 is an outdated law however I have lived here in Thailand for 30+  years and try to abide by all the rules including this one. Every time I return home from a trip she fills in the form pops into immigration and its done so what is the massive problem...unless of course people have something to hide?????

right! i live in thailand for about 12 years and i never have any probleme whit the TM30