August 30, 20197 yr 7 hours ago, possum1931 said: I take your point, and you are right, we can't change anything, but speaking for myself, if I don't like anybodys rules, I will try to find a way around them. If I don't like some rules then I ignore them. A practical example is that in Thailand motorcycles have to ride on the left lane. Often I don't ride on that lane because of parking cars. And if the police stop me it cost maybe 100B. No problem, no hassle. But then there are those rules which should better not be broken because it's expensive or even worse. I just follow those rules and don't think about them. No problem.
August 30, 20197 yr 2 hours ago, simon43 said: Quote Some girl with silicone breasts now becomes an 'influencer'...what's that all about?? Yep, pretty disgusting really... You don't happen to have a link to this 'influencer' do you? ???? I don't know about her size. But it seems she is famous enough to sell her bath water... https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/12/belle-delphine-gamer-girl-instagram-selling-bath-wate
August 30, 20197 yr 1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said: If I don't like some rules then I ignore them. A practical example is that in Thailand motorcycles have to ride on the left lane. Often I don't ride on that lane because of parking cars. And if the police stop me it cost maybe 100B. No problem, no hassle. But then there are those rules which should better not be broken because it's expensive or even worse. I just follow those rules and don't think about them. No problem. The rules that are expensive and worse, are usually the ones you would agree with anyway.
August 30, 20197 yr 56 minutes ago, possum1931 said: The rules that are expensive and worse, are usually the ones you would agree with anyway. Except maybe TM30 ????
August 30, 20197 yr 23 hours ago, kellersphuket said: Now it seems from almost every direction that our right to free speech is being eroded away by people in power. Free speech is an illusion- always has been. It's one of the things that the real rulers tell us is important so we stay in our little boxes. PC has destroyed even the small amount of freedom we had to speak our mind in public. We are being surveilled even on here.
August 30, 20197 yr 2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said: Except maybe TM30 ???? I am glad to hear that, because I am sure I told you recently that I will not debate with anyone who thinks that it is OK to have to submit these ridiculous TM30 nonsense. Of course I do stand to be corrected.
August 30, 20197 yr On 8/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, kellersphuket said: Charlie, I ask myself that question every day. The only answer I can come up with is that I can't be bothered going anywhere else at the moment. Thailand is sold to us as the land of smiles, right? What if it was sold as the way you just described it? Would it still appeal to you? Perhaps a name change? Land of Piles?
August 30, 20197 yr 2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said: Free speech is an illusion- always has been. It's one of the things that the real rulers tell us is important so we stay in our little boxes. PC has destroyed even the small amount of freedom we had to speak our mind in public. We are being surveilled even on here. New World Order, here we come!
August 30, 20197 yr 20 hours ago, kellersphuket said: It's not all about money, you know. Yes, I agree, maybe about 95% is though. And not just in Thailand.
August 30, 20197 yr 19 hours ago, cmsally said: Are you sure about that ?? China bans 23m discredited citizens from buying travel tickets Depends on what is meant by the word discredited.
August 30, 20197 yr 48 minutes ago, geronimo said: Perhaps a name change? Land of Piles? Yes, it is the Land of Piles for some people. politicians, top police and IOs. Piles of money. ????
August 30, 20197 yr 8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said: Free speech is an illusion- always has been. It's one of the things that the real rulers tell us is important so we stay in our little boxes. PC has destroyed even the small amount of freedom we had to speak our mind in public. We are being surveilled even on here. It seems to be in fashion for angry old white guys to claim that political correctness is destroying western civilization. Yet, when I ask some of these guys to explain to me how this is directly impacting their individual quality of life, all I get is a blank stare. They can't explain what it is they're actually angry about. But it's hard not to recognize the hypocrisy. For instance, a certain D. Trump is considered to be non-PC and people gravitate to him because of it. Trump supporters appear to be largely anti-PC. But Trump is about the most thin-skinned individual I've ever seen. He can't handle any kind of criticism, big or small. So in essence, he's the most anti-free speech President ever. The very definition of hypocrisy.
Create an account or sign in to comment