Sexual harassment is rife in Thailand – survey

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

In March 2018, authorities in Thailand came out telling women to avoid dressing in “sexy” outfits as they tried to prevent sexual harassment or sex assault cases during the popular Songkran festival, including the Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha

Am I alone in finding the grammar here somewhat ambiguous?

• Haha 1

Thailand. The biggest brothel in the world whereby prostitution is illigal but allowed to continue by Thai especially those in power with Thai men being the main culprits of sexual harassment, abusing children as well as females by so called respectable monks, teachers, police and so on...

Thai lazy males are treated like gods but the bread winners, the females, are the real meal tickets who are expected to sell their bodies by Thai boyfriends, husbands plus  most Thai families. This is Thailand.

Stop the sex trade, Thailand may then revert back to what it used to be, a nice place, with nice people.

9 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The survey was conducted by YouGov, a UK-based market research company.

That says all about their credibility. They write whatever somebody wants them to. 

Yeh sure - maybe the UK based market research company (prob run by emancipated men or female liberationists) should stick their noses elsewhere (their rear ens would be a good start) and stop medalling in the affairs of Thailand and trying to spread their contamination.

Edited by Melbun

31 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Thailand. The biggest brothel in the world whereby prostitution is illigal but allowed to continue by Thai especially those in power with Thai men being the main culprits of sexual harassment, abusing children as well as females by so called respectable monks, teachers, police and so on...

Thai lazy males are treated like gods but the bread winners, the females, are the real meal tickets who are expected to sell their bodies by Thai boyfriends, husbands plus  most Thai families. This is Thailand.

Stop the sex trade, Thailand may then revert back to what it used to be, a nice place, with nice people.

Oh dear - a female liberationist has invaded this site. Oh what a joke this comment is .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The survey was conducted by YouGov, a UK-based market research company.

OK. The credibility level has just dropped to zero. Most polls are influenced by the way the questions are framed. It would not be possible for a UK based company to not be biased, weak, totally PC, and suffering from total emasculation. 

Not saying there is not sexual harassment here. But, the women seem to do a pretty good job of dealing with it, and shrugging off potential creeps, it would appear. 

Ref' the questions being framed I agree. Most fit the answer only yes or no idea.

eg  Answer yes or no.

Have you stopped beating your wife?

This will one day lead to grotesque laws similar as in come European countries, allowing frustrated wives to file rape or sexual harassment claims (with juicy financial compensation) against their husbands or compagnons....don't complain afterwards if spouses go unfaithful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Men were more likely to report their experiences of sexual harassment than women.

I was almost beginning to take this survey seriously until I read this. Most men I know would love to be sexually harassed - at least by a member of the opposite sex.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Best birth control method ever, women starting to complain about men trying their luck. Next thing you know they don't bother anymore and you get a plummeting birth rate, as evidenced in countries where feminism is rampant. It's a good thing, the population needs culling. 

That's being addressed on the highways!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Male school headmasters will pressure attractive female teachers for free sex. Male company bosses and supervisors likewise, will demand free sex from carefully recruited female employees. This is the market that some Short Time motels cater to.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, PatOngo said:

I remember walking along Nana Soi 4 and being sexually harassed on several occasions within 50 metres. I'm outraged! #Me Too! I want compensation!

Is a freebee sufficient compensation ? ????

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, SammyT said:

Agree re the competency of the Thai police, but you'd find similar numbers in most western countries too. Sexual offending is severely under-reported globally for a number of reasons

Because it doesn't happen ??

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Some of the biggest harassers I witnessed are Falang.

Grabbing boobs and hands up skirts unwanted.

Show a little decency and respect.

Just because a girl works in a bar does not mean she wants your hands on her.

Until you pay up - be decent until then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simtemple said:

Male school headmasters will pressure attractive female teachers for free sex. Male company bosses and supervisors likewise, will demand free sex from carefully recruited female employees. This is the market that some Short Time motels cater to.

Casting couch anyone ??

• Like 1

Got sexually assaulted during Songkran this year - by a girl - I was so shocked that a 20 something thought  I was worth a feel I didn't resist  … unfortunately the crowd swept her away before I could respond …..

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, PatOngo said:

That's being addressed on the highways!

On 8/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, DrTuner said:

Best birth control method ever, women starting to complain about men trying their luck. Next thing you know they don't bother anymore and you get a plummeting birth rate, as evidenced in countries where feminism is rampant. It's a good thing, the population needs culling. 

Well since a lot of feminists are les beans ???? stands to reason !!

They are madly in love with each other and don't want men to muscle in on their turd ooop - turf I mean.