Brexit: PM Johnson faces mounting legal, political, diplomatic challenges

rooster59

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

I think Ken Clark was a great politician for many years who now enters his dotage. Corbyn is rudderless and will lose any general election and has shown his cowardice yesterday. 

I agree with you on Ken Clark but age is not an impediment to principle. I don't think there was any cowardice over the GE, more a case of political tactics. I believe that labour think they can win but it is very unlikely that they or the tories would get an overall majority. Brexit has broken UK politics and I think the 2 party system is now over and coalition will become the norm.

The political system in Iraq has similarities to the UK system but they have over 200 political parties. Elections are normally won by a coalition that has been declared before the election takes place.

Strikes me as a more sensible approach. When conservatives voted in 2017 how many did so in the knowledge they would be held to ransom by the DUP. Unfortunately neither party is going to admit they cannot win outright and it may take another couple of elections for new voting patterns to emerge.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

oh ! so Boris was informing H.O.C. it where just " talks", oh so just a slip of his (liar's) tongue , come on guy's stop " keeping up appearances "...Barnier was even not around ….

As Bojo was informing the House, the EU was also being informed.

Senior EU officials, including chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier, briefed the ambassadors of the bloc’s 27 governments in Brussels today, reaffirming talks are at an impasse and that Johnson’s envoy David Frost has promised but failed again to deliver concrete proposals, according to three participants in the closed meeting.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-04/johnson-readies-for-more-defeats-in-parliament-brexit-update

1 hour ago, david555 said:

oh ! so Boris was informing H.O.C. it where just " talks", oh so just a slip of his (liar's) tongue , come on guy's stop " keeping up appearances "...Barnier was even not around ….

I have no idea what you are talking about. Official talks were not happening as the parliaments were shut. If unofficial talking were going on i have no idea at all.