Flood Thailand

Yinn

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not sure. Some people say it in thai news. I hope in wrong. The people in the flood area now need money from there family work in Bangkok. If Bangkok flood again same 2011, it will big problem.

This is nowhere close to the water of 2011.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much different than 2011 this year - North and Northeast have very little water until now so most of this will be put to good use in storage and going into the ground rather than run off to the ocean.  In 2011 all storage was full and it continued to rain (and there were protective measures by some provinces to route water elsewhere).  Could it happen again?  Suspect it could - but not from a storm or two.  

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Good try but seems she is wise to you.  Must have seen some of the other posts you make.  ????

He ok, positive guy. Positive thailand. Not complain, criticize, mock, ridicule. Good.

But....I think he know this word....

เฒ่าหัวงู /tâo hŭa ngoo/
Literal meaning: Old man snake head
Metaphorical meaning: Old man who runs after young girls, dirty old man

3 minutes ago, newatthis said:

This is nowhere close to the water of 2011.

Sure.

But don’t need that much to flood Bangkok. That one 3 weeks. So bad.

I said said in my post “not to much”.

But I also say “like 2011”. So I wrong about that. You right.

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sure.

But don’t need that much to flood Bangkok. That one 3 weeks. So bad.

I said said in my post “not to much”.

But I also say “like 2011”. So I wrong about that. You right.

Indeed heavy rain for a few hours makes a mess - but I remember when we had major roads flooded for weeks here in Bangkok - that does not happen anymore.  As for northern water runoff it takes weeks to get here and in most cases the majority of the water is lost in the trip so not more than high river tides.   

15 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I  found it disappointing  that while resevoirs were  bone dry I  did  not see a single attempt to take advantage of that to  increase  the capacity in the  event of  eventual  rain

They have been working on deepening and generally improving the local reservoir where I am in the West of Udon for the past couple of months, looking very nice and ready for a deluge, most of the storm managed to avoid us! 

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

They have been working on deepening and generally improving the local reservoir where I am in the West of Udon for the past couple of months, looking very nice and ready for a deluge, most of the storm managed to avoid us! 

Lucky you missing most of the storm, we got hammered.

Banphai certainly got the worst of it, main highway blocked nearly 3 meters of flooding in some areas.

But hey i am still alive ( not kicking though) and now the sun is shining, my wife here by my side, perfect.

31 minutes ago, CGW said:

Do you mean the one in Nongsamrong, behind the expensive looking Municipal building?

7 minutes ago, faraday said:

Do you mean the one in Nongsamrong, behind the expensive looking Municipal building?

Opposite the expensive houses - that have been empty for many years now!

No, West side - Kut Ling Ngo

10 minutes ago, faraday said:

If anyone thinks that we, are old men,because we are in our 60's/70's, shows their immaturity.

Hello......

To teenagers and twenties  65 - 79 years of age is old, anyone who thinks otherwise has a poor memory

29 minutes ago, CGW said:

Opposite the expensive houses - that have been empty for many years now!

No, West side - Kut Ling Ngo

Ok thanks.

Yes, those houses in NSR....we've been in Udon for four years, & they were built already. Went there yesterday to look at whatever mess they're making, & the houses are still empty.

Nice view of the lake....& the lorries.

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Ok thanks.

Yes, those houses in NSR....we've been in Udon for four years, & they were built already. Went there yesterday to look at whatever mess they're making, & the houses are still empty.

Nice view of the lake....& the lorries.

The "rumour" was, when they were built that Thaksin owned one of them and was an investor? they were 16 million each, probably 20m as none have sold!

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

The "rumour" was, when they were built that Thaksin owned one of them and was an investor? they were 16 million each, probably 20m as none have sold!

Well allegedly, brother & sister own that huge mansion not far from Thanwa town, Ban Leaum.

And, keeping the subject on topic...:wink:

...the river was the highest I've ever seen it, saw a few locals fishing. It reminded me again that Thailand is a lovely country.

Thai community is not perfect. But emergency time I think we are quite good, and come together to help. 

Thankyou to rescue volunteer! They do it for no money. Danger the life sometime and sometime it very dirty. Good guy.

650B007B-86FA-434D-9536-85C2E4B78C40.jpeg

1EC777C3-2871-442F-B293-8B5FD5EBA2E7.jpeg

9E39B4A5-BB5C-430B-A999-75A7E06F7493.jpeg

4FFB27A3-ACF6-40A8-BDDF-6E4FF37B2683.jpeg

284E880B-1BFB-4934-851F-F2B6D9CA06BA.jpeg

18177C9A-72AA-4837-91EC-64601FDEF212.jpeg

FED15CE4-C5D8-4B97-84D9-E1A999A581BA.jpeg

Correct Yinn, people here pulling together to help those in need.

Local temple have set up a food kitchen, helping to feed homeless and rescue workers.

A BIG thank you to all the ladies who have volunteered to cook.

I have had locals visit me at home checking i am ok, if you need help ask 1 man said.

My wife has just left to go to the temple with approx 10 kilo pla duk from our tanks to help feed a few people.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Correct Yinn, people here pulling together to help those in need.

Local temple have set up a food kitchen, helping to feed homeless and rescue workers.

A BIG thank you to all the ladies who have volunteered to cook.

I have had locals visit me at home checking i am ok, if you need help ask 1 man said.

My wife has just left to go to the temple with approx 10 kilo pla duk from our tanks to help feed a few people.

One young guy (20 year old) die try help the neighbor escape in Ban Pai Kao village, Ban Pai. Maybe you know him? Sarawut Chantopang.

or know about that?

He went to help the neighbor. But go close to the electricity thing and got the shock. In 2 meter water. 

The Ban Pai hospital have the flood also, so they then take him to Nonsila hospital, then take to Phon hospital, but he die already.

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

here 

Hello Uncle.

The thai news now say another storm will come to Issan tomorrow and 3rd.

maybe you can check your weather map.

22 minutes ago, Yinn said:

One young guy (20 year old) die try help the neighbor escape in Ban Pai Kao village, Ban Pai. Maybe you know him? Sarawut Chantopang.

or know about that?

He went to help the neighbor. But go close to the electricity thing and got the shock. In 2 meter water. 

The Ban Pai hospital have the flood also, so they then take him to Nonsila hospital, then take to Phon hospital, but he die already.

Very sad Yinn, i did not know him, but my wife told me about what happened to him.

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Very sad Yinn, i did not know him, but my wife told me about what happened to him.

How is today?

Water go down or not?

Thai news say maybe more rain today and tomorrow. Look terrible.

NCC1701A say maybe another big storm come, not sure yet.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:38 PM, from the home of CC said:

If you see a reputable site for donation of goods please post.

Colin is there. I think he know about that (or his wife)

Archived