Dell Inspiron 3169 Laptop Charger

scottiejohn

Does anyone know of a stockist of genuine Dell laptop chargers in CM.  

I have tried the "Battery Shop" in Pantip but she would need to order. The dell shop near her has closed.

I need to do a hands on test to prove that it actually charges my laptop, rather than just powers it, before purchase.  

PS;  The battery appears ok which means my problem is either the charger or the motherboard. Dell chargers have chips which preclude the use of generic/non Dell chargers for charging, they still power but will not charge.

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

paste the part number into Lazada.

Thanks but Lazada etc are no use at this point. 

As I have said I need to plug a genuine Dell charger into my machine to establish where the fault is.

Is it;

1. Charger. Supplying power but not charging 

2. Battery (Dell Diagnostics says no problems)

3. Motherboard.  Don't want to touch 3.  without checking 1 first.

It's pretty simple if you use a voltmeter to check if your charger is working, or not. Take the battery out and see if it runs. If not, it's the charger. If not:

Check at Advice shops, they can order one and you can try it if it works.

Please see:

Have you read my posts?  

The charger is providing power to maintain power but does not charge.  Dell chargers/laptops have chips which mach to each other and only genuine dell chargers will charge a dell laptop.  If the chips don't match, charger and motherboard then no charging occurs, just maintenance of supply/power. 

Also if you checked the specs of my laptop the battery is not "removable".

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you read my posts?  

The charger is providing power to maintain power but does not charge.  Dell chargers/laptops have chips which mach to each other and only genuine dell chargers will charge a dell laptop.  If the chips don't match, charger and motherboard then no charging occurs, just maintenance of supply/power. 

Also if you checked the specs of my laptop the battery is not "removable".

My apologies, I haven't checked on the specs of your notebook.

I also have a Dell with a removable battery. 

36 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

My apologies, I haven't checked on the specs of your notebook.

Thanks.

Your little video explains exactly what I know my problem to be.

I need to establish which chip is not working.  Is it the charger, the battery or the MB chip? Hence I need to get my hands on a known working Dell charger to establish if my charger is OK or not.  Once I establish it is the charger at fault or not I can then source one or if not check other options. Options other than charger replacement get expensive.

Archived