Landlord claims she can't file TM30

What if there was no gf in this situation? I just rented from a Thai who is outside the country and has not filed a TM30 and has not given me signed copies of the housebook ID or a rental contract. I have to do a 90 report on October 8. I can't file the TM30 or a TM28 without and documents. How did I get in the house without meeting the landlord?? He had a friend meet me and give me the keys. 

On 9/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, Matzzon said:

1. Yes, she can be seen as responsible due to that she is the possessor that are having you staying with her.

2. Good question. You might not get an extension if a TM30 is not filed.

3. When you do your extension. Not when leaving.

And if the landlord refuses to file a TM30, then she will eventually get fined too.

right now, it's a cluster<deleted>.... different rules depending what province you live in....Phuket rules are different than BKK.  essentially, it's the landlords responsibility, however, when you go to immigration to renew your 90 day or 1 year visa, the onus is on you. the THAI gov't is working on this, so that sometime soon it will be resolved. Sabai, Sabai...welcome to Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

What if there was no gf in this situation? I just rented from a Thai who is outside the country and has not filed a TM30 and has not given me signed copies of the housebook ID or a rental contract. I have to do a 90 report on October 8. I can't file the TM30 or a TM28 without and documents. How did I get in the house without meeting the landlord?? He had a friend meet me and give me the keys. 

There's a solution to that if you are the tenant and the contract/lease is in your name. You can as the tenant submit the TM30 as the so called possessor of the condo/house/apartment. Then you report yourself as the guest.

Nevermind. What you are talking about as a relevance to this topic about landlords living overseas regards maybe 0,5% of the landlords at a maximum. Very relevant to the discussion. Thanks for the input.

Where comes this 0,5% comes from? How many Thais are married to foreigners and have properties in Thailand but live overseas? I think it is much more..

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, Toulalan said:

She now claims that my gf and me need to go together to CW or the police station to do the report.

If your gf is Thai then your gf has to report you, not the landlord since the lease is on her name. And your gf shall be fined (not the landlord) since she has not reported a farang who lives in her property. 

4 hours ago, wobalt said:

Where comes this 0,5% comes from? How many Thais are married to foreigners and have properties in Thailand but live overseas? I think it is much more..

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not comes from anywher. It was just my personal estimation. Out of the whole rental macjine in Thailand I dp not think it´s more. Mostly the people living abroad and have properties in Thailand, have family taking care of it and not rent out.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:04 AM, Toulalan said:

Thanks!

As far as I know the online registration will take a while. Otherwise my gf could do that. So need start a day trip to go to either CW or police station to do TM30 asap?

Why not sending a letter? My gf have done that my last 3 visits. It takes about 3 weeks until they answer that everything is OK and you might be at home in europe by then but that is not you or your gf´s problem if they are late. Be sure you save the receipt from the post office as proof.

Or apply for the online thing. We did so now and it took about 3-4 days to get the username and password. We could not log in with that however because they had already sent that password to another person! But a phone call sorted that out quick and we got a new password within 1 day. No problem. So next time it will be online. Have still not got an answer from the IO on the letter sent (4 weeks ago). But we have the receipt from the Post.

35 minutes ago, Captor said:

Why not sending a letter? My gf have done that my last 3 visits. It takes about 3 weeks until they answer that everything is OK and you might be at home in europe by then but that is not you or your gf´s problem if they are late. Be sure you save the receipt from the post office as proof.

Or apply for the online thing. We did so now and it took about 3-4 days to get the username and password. We could not log in with that however because they had already sent that password to another person! But a phone call sorted that out quick and we got a new password within 1 day. No problem. So next time it will be online. Have still not got an answer from the IO on the letter sent (4 weeks ago). But we have the receipt from the Post.

Is it possible to register online if you are only leasing? How can you have the correct documents if you are not the owner?

17 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There's a solution to that if you are the tenant and the contract/lease is in your name. You can as the tenant submit the TM30 as the so called possessor of the condo/house/apartment. Then you report yourself as the guest.

You can do that without a signed rental contract and signed copies of the landlords ID and housebook and a signed power of attorney form? 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:29 PM, wasabi said:

Is it possible to register online if you are only leasing? How can you have the correct documents if you are not the owner?

No, the landlord has to do that. But what I mean is if the landlord have problem about online then he/she can just send all the documents in a ordinary letter. With receipt of course. Cost some bath more. But not very much.

In my case my gf is the landlord. But every landlord can do that send a letter if they claim having problem with online TM30. It is very easy.