Landlord claims she can't file TM30

27 minutes ago, berybert said:

The law is irrelevant too. If the landlord doesn't pay the fine then the person staying at the place will.

So what you think and what the law states is pretty pointless.

Everybody is missing the point. They were supposed to do the TM30 report within 24 hours from the entry stamp date in the passport.No online reporting way to late will solve that. 

They will get fined anyway.

Better pay the fine,do the TM30 report and then apply for the 30 days extension at the same time. 

DONE 

Then there's the very slim chance they won't check the TM30 status at Immigration when applying for the extension. 

Edited by Max69xl
More info

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Everybody is missing the point. They were supposed to do the TM30 report within 24 hours from the entry stamp date in the passport.No online reporting way to late will solve that. 

Better pay the fine,do the TM30 report and then apply for the 30 days extension at the same time. 

DONE 

Then there's the very slim chance they won't check the TM30 status at Immigration when applying for the extension. 

You can have a night in a hotel then do a TM30 when you get back the following day to avoid a fine. Do that the day before going to do the extension and you are sorted. 

I did it myself so I know it works. 

Mind you I made a point of going to immigration a couple of weeks early to make sure it all tied in. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

DONE 

Its not 24 hours after entry stamp, its 24 hours after arrival at the property. You can always tell a white lie and say you just arrived today.

They wont ask for a TM30 for the last place you stayed, or say you stayed at.

I have done it before, arrived back from an OS trip and stuffed around for a week before going to pattaya immigration to report, simply said I have been in Bangkok for the last week. 

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not 24 hours after entry stamp, its 24 hours after arrival at the property. You can always tell a white lie and say you just arrived today.

I have done it before, arrived back from an OS trip and stuffed around for a week before going to pattaya immigration to report, simply said I have been in Bangkok for the last week. 

They checked on the computer to see if I had been checked into the hotel I had stayed at.

I hadn't been. 

Lucky I got the hotel to give me a receipt to prove I had been there. 

So a little white lie might not be as useful as it once was.

5 minutes ago, berybert said:

They checked on the computer to see if I had been checked into the hotel I had stayed at.

I hadn't been. 

Lucky I got the hotel to give me a receipt to prove I had been there. 

So a little white lie might not be as useful as it once was.

Never had an office ask for previous TM30 reports from past or other areas, why would they? They want a TM30 for the place you say you are at now, they dont care less where you were last week. 

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Never had an office ask for previous TM30 reports from past or other areas, why would they? They want a TM30 for the place you say you are at now, they dont care less where you were last week. 

National security. Why else !! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, berybert said:

You can have a night in a hotel then do a TM30 when you get back the following day to avoid a fine. Do that the day before going to do the extension and you are sorted. 

I did it myself so I know it works. 

Mind you I made a point of going to immigration a couple of weeks early to make sure it all tied in. 

You are correct, that can work.I was about to advise that,but depending on the price for the hotel,let's say 1000 baht for a good one that will report you for sure, compared to the fine, maybe 1600 baht. The difference isn't much. Immigration might even ask where they were staying so long before that night. 

35 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

That's the same time +1 hour if they stay in BKK. These guys have already waited a while, and wants to wait for a password which will arrive late in September if they even manage to register. Immigration can see exactly when they arrived,or just check the entry stamp in the passport. I am staying 5 min from Jomtien Immigration. You don't even have to do the TM30 when you're visiting another province and comes back to same address. Not same at CW immigration in BKK.

9 hours ago, berybert said:

The law is irrelevant too. If the landlord doesn't pay the fine then the person staying at the place will.

So what you think and what the law states is pretty pointless.

No the law is not irrelevant out of two reasons:

You are supposed to abide it.

Today they can fine both the landlord and the tenant for not filing TM30.

Now it was not so pointless and irrelevant, when you know things bedore posting. So, not at all what I think.

Edited by Matzzon

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

What part are you not understanding

What am I not understanding? Thanks for making me laugh! :cheesy::clap2:

You where the one that appearently did not understand that the owner is supposed to also be interpreted as the landlord as of your earlier postings. :cheesy:

Wonder what you are going on about? Just live with your misstake instead.

Edited by Matzzon

though i know a bit extreme but this family/ friend house reporting requirement and penalty for failure to do so brings memories of ann frank, the dutch jewish diarist hiding from authorities in a house during nazi occupied holland.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What am I not understanding? Thanks for making me laugh! :cheesy::clap2:

You where the one that appearently did not understand that the owner is supposed to also be interpreted as the landlord as of your earlier postings. :cheesy:

Wonder what you are going on about? Just live with your misstake instead.

I fully understand that the owner can also be the landlord. I have never said otherwise.

I was basically correcting your misinformation that the landlord, and only the landlord has to do TM30 reports.

You are advising the OP (2-3 times) that the landlord has to do the report when the GF can also do the report.

The OPS girlfriend can do the TM30 report.

The OP doesnt have a landlord, the OP isnt renting the property, the OP is a guest of the possessor of the property, his girlfriend. If immigration said to the OP "who is your landlord?", his answer would be I dont have a landlord.

The owner could be a company or the landlord could be a real estate agent. The owner/landlord may be uncooperative or live in another country etc, Maybe thats why the law and immigration will accept, possibly even prefer, a TM30 from the chief possessor of a property.

You keep telling the OP that its the landlord and only the landlord, good advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No the law is not irrelevant out of two reasons:

You are supposed to abide it.

Today they can fine both the landlord and the tenant for not filing TM30.

Now it was not so pointless and irrelevant, when you know things bedore posting. So, not at all what I think.

Never heard of both owner and tenant being fined.  How would you fine an owner who lives overseas and doesn't live in Thailand. 

So I know what I know because I have had the hassle of doing it. 

It is against the law to ride on the pavement here, but I wont bother to tell the next cop I see doing it, it's not legal.

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Better do it at CW than at the police.

In my extension visit to CW in August 2019 the IO rejected the police certification,

"We are not the police!" "See the form, it says Immigration and not Police!" (yes, the IO was very emphatic)

Fortunately for me (after a 2-hour queue), the TM 30 desk (B) was willing to whiteout the police cert and make IO's cert as I had the original signatures from the owner and all other necessary documents proving residence and my identity. I hear that some other province IO's do allow police certs under certain informal criteria.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If and when you go to do a report, YOU JUST ARRIVED this morning at your condo (prior to that you were at the other end of thailand in an un-named guesthouse), you wont get fined, you just got to the property.

I tried this once at an IO down south. They wouldn't accept I had just arrived with my new TM30 as said I needed TM30 evidence of place of stay since the TM6 arrival date for the three weeks prior. If I wanted any IO service I had to pay the TM30 fine first. I walked out and didn't get the reentry permit I went for.

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I tried this once at an IO down south. They wouldn't accept I had just arrived with my new TM30 as said I needed TM30 evidence of place of stay since the TM6 arrival date for the three weeks prior. If I wanted any IO service I had to pay the TM30 fine first. I walked out and didn't get the reentry permit I went for.

You wouldn't have any evidence if you  were staying in hotels. So that seems a strange thing to ask for. 

Did you tell them to check the computer system ?

1 hour ago, berybert said:

How would you fine an owner who lives overseas and doesn't live in Thailand

Really, so most owners now live overseas. Why need to go to extreme things? Why not use your imagination? Maybe they collect the fines under the persons identification number and give the fine when enter Thailand next time. Not to hard to think of, right?

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I was basically correcting your misinformation that the landlord, and only the landlord has to do TM30 reports.

When did I say that only the landlord has to do TM30 report? Are you dreaming, or what is happening with you. You sent me a copy of the law and stated that it didn´t stand landlord, and I had to explain to you that owner can be seen as landlord. Are you drunk?

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Really, so most owners now live overseas. Why need to go to extreme things? Why not use your imagination? Maybe they collect the fines under the persons identification number and give the fine when enter Thailand next time. Not to hard to think of, right?

Or maybe they don't. 

3 minutes ago, berybert said:

Or maybe they don't. 

Nevermind. What you are talking about as a relevance to this topic about landlords living overseas regards maybe 0,5% of the landlords at a maximum. Very relevant to the discussion. Thanks for the input.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Aren't we all f******* sick of this?

One morning, when  tourist wakes up with his head on a bar, completely unable to recall the name or location of his hotel or condo, he can go to immigration and ask. Then all the TM30 requirements would be justified!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

They never collect any fines and wait for an owner/landlord to come back home. The law says:

The owner/housemaster/possessor shall report foreigners using the TM30-form. (short version)

If you rent a condo and the contract/lease is in your name,you are the possessor even as a tenant.

Fill in the form as the possessor and then report yourself.

That's the way I did it last time,and the IO didn't even raise her eyebrows. 

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

One morning, when  tourist wakes up with his head on a bar, completely unable to recall the name or location of his hotel or condo, he can go to immigration and ask. Then all the TM30 requirements would be justified!

I was referring to every office making up their own rules. Nothing to do with TM30.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

They never collect any fines and wait for an owner/landlord to come back home. The law says:

The owner/housemaster/possessor shall report foreigners using the TM30-form. (short version)

If you rent a condo and the contract/lease is in your name,you are the possessor even as a tenant.

Fill in the form as the possessor and then report yourself.

That's the way I did it last time,and the IO didn't even raise her eyebrows. 

No, I know you can report yourself. I do it too and the IO accepts it with a smile. The thing is that it has been mentioned that they can fine both the tenant and the owner/landlord now.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Aren't we all f******* sick of this?

Nope, it´s flexible, brings variation to life. never boring, something new everyday. Ok, ok, I will stop know.

Yes, it´s a little bit annoying. ????

Edited by Matzzon