What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Sure Fred, later ... I make it a cold one.

If you think about it, guys who get it up would never complain about having a young girl in their arms in Thailand as the OP did ... you guys just talk <deleted> because you are bored to death. 

You all came here for pussies, but now you can't anymore! That's the only reason why threads like this exist!

Steady on ol' chap.....????

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

You said you were going to log off. Just another one of you delusions.

I just wanted to give you a trip through memory lane ....

... and now I go for a cold beer. And listen to all the other old farts around me and what they say!

On 9/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, Matzzon said:

Yes, I do if they wai me. That out of the reason I am coming as a customer and should be greeted first according to Thai culture and tradition. Exceptance to that is when you enter an office, where you are always the one that should wai first unless they have a door person that wai´s you first.

Why wouldn´t I wai people at the right times in the right places, when I choosed to stay in their country? When here it´s up to me to adopt to their customs and not look at myself as somebody that they should respect and look up to.

Jeez,  another farang making a fool of himself.

Do you realise,  they're laughing behind your back mate

6 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Jeez,  another farang making a fool of himself.

Do you realise,  they're laughing behind your back mate

Do you realize that the fools are the ones that will not adapt to the culture and the ways of living when settle in a foreign country. Out of your comment, you don´t, so no more discussion needed. I suppose you do not speak there language either, just because you believe you are entitled to be understood in your own language. Probably from UK, USA or AUS. I would bet on the last.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:36 AM, Matzzon said:

You are the second quoting it would take too much time or that I would have to meet them in groups of hundreds. I guess I just have to make a calculation, due to that the mathematic playing field is not up to par. My advice before posting, buy a calculator. Push in the same number twice, just to check yourself. Anyway, here we go:

Let´s easy say 500 friends. 2 parties or meetings a week. meeting everyone about 5 times per year.

That´s 104 parties or meetings as well as events or just a barbecue party in the graden per year.

In that case it would only need to be under 5 on each to meet them 1 time each. Fot it to be possible with 5 times that would mean 25 in every group every time.

Suddenly that´s like only 25% of the manic estimation you just posted. 

Of course that is not a reality, because sometimes it is 100-200, and sometimes only 5-10 per gathering.

But, ok! Math lesson over.

Thanks for the maths lesson and the condescending attitude. 

Now we can all see why you're so popular 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Do you realize that the fools are the ones that will not adapt to the culture and the ways of living when settle in a foreign country.

You know what the funny thing is ... I've lived in many countries throughout my life.

Just lived there, worked there, everybody happy, a lot of common sense, even when cultures are different, languages are different, just the usual things. Plain normal life. Everyone get's on with it, in a normal way.

It's only when it comes to Thailand, then I read and see these kind of weird behavior on forums ... and then, that's the best! not from the locals ... no! ... from the expats, guys like you ????

We all have to adapt to the culture, the way of living, to settle, learn a language ... what's the breaking news?????

You better take a chill pill and relax and live your life without telling others how they have to live their lives in a foreign country.

Or are you that bored, or insecure, or what is it really what you are after and want to resolve until you are happy and can sleep well tonight? Is Thailand the first country you have moved to and living abroad? Are these your first experiences living abroad? I've seen much more before!

What's the difference what others do and you dislike so much and want to push it down their throats on a forum?

You are not going to change your world or other people with this approach ... a guaranteed failure!

And without waiting for your answer, I tell you what the difference is from my point of view.

When I lived in other countries, everybody around me was working. It didn't matter what the language was, what the culture was, what the customs were... we all knew what we had to do. Everybody adopted and integrated to that way of living and how to successfully live and work there.

It's only in Thailand, with all those old people not having any real jobs anymore, retired, no purpose, just hanging around, all the girls around for money only, and then get on a keyboard and let it all out.

That's such a huge difference.

I wonder if Thailand would have been a more open country, where people could come to freely work and make a living, not only to retire and support a Thai girl ... it would be a complete different picture!

It's all different dynamics to other countries where people live, work and make a living.

People here in Thailand are either living off their savings or pensions ... nothing much else to do really ... by law and government.

Hence all the bitching between themselves. On top all the Thai girls so helpful to the guys spending their money while they are here ;-)) 

What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

- Some will realise: "Boy this is different". Different from the "hum-drum" overorganised political correctness back home. The Thai-Ladies do not cater to PC much.

OP would feel so much more comfortable to reside somewhere in the American "Bible-Belt". Or he has taken medication to suppress the natural production of Testosterone.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, Matzzon said:

Why in the world do I need to have a list for something that comes normal to the greater part of the population? Here I am talking about all the people that constantly promote looking at the female part of the population like they have a lesser value than the "real guy" that wants something pretty beside him. Also about all the people that constantly show their disrespect to Thailand and it´s way of dealing with rules and regulation at the same time as they demand respect. Luckily most of them seems to be on this forum, which should be considered as a minority of the population.

LOL, The greater part of the human race is obsessed with sex. Go to almost any movie, watch tv, look at the ads on internet forums, women's magazines/ books are full of it ( romantic love ).

It's so common place that most of us don't even think about it any more.

I can only presume that you spent a day in Pattaya and think that is what all Thailand is like. It's not.

18 pages and still going strong. Has anyone actually wasted the time to read all 18?

U.N.'s WHO, for those that forgot, (World Health Organization), states in Thailand, 1% of the sex workers' customer base are foreigners. 99% of the customers are Thai men. 3% of the native female population are in the sex industry. Could be why AIDS and other STDs are rampant here. The other 97%, all ages inclusive, are rather conservative by world standards, if not down right prudish. 

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Do you realize that the fools are the ones that will not adapt to the culture and the ways of living when settle in a foreign country.

Sooooo, what culture would that be? The one where people are routinely cruel to animals, worship statues of elephants, have mia nois when married, own bars that rent your countrywomen and boys to foreigners, exploit the poor, tolerate the mafia using cripples to beg, use small children to beg, accept a vast difference between the wealthy and the poor?

Do tell.

8 hours ago, RedPill said:

You know what the funny thing is ... I've lived in many countries throughout my life.

Just lived there, worked there, everybody happy, a lot of common sense, even when cultures are different, languages are different, just the usual things. Plain normal life. Everyone get's on with it, in a normal way.

It's only when it comes to Thailand, then I read and see these kind of weird behavior on forums ... and then, that's the best! not from the locals ... no! ... from the expats, guys like you ????

We all have to adapt to the culture, the way of living, to settle, learn a language ... what's the breaking news?????

You better take a chill pill and relax and live your life without telling others how they have to live their lives in a foreign country.

Or are you that bored, or insecure, or what is it really what you are after and want to resolve until you are happy and can sleep well tonight? Is Thailand the first country you have moved to and living abroad? Are these your first experiences living abroad? I've seen much more before!

What's the difference what others do and you dislike so much and want to push it down their throats on a forum?

You are not going to change your world or other people with this approach ... a guaranteed failure!

Didn´t we agree to leave it with what we comment yesterday. Not even that you can understand. I feel really sorry for you.

I am not going to engage in more discussion with, due to your stalking attitude. You are now on the ignore list. Again, We leave it with that.

Just to amuse you one last time, I am of course going to answer your questions, short and brief though as I do not put much weight into them.

1. There is no breaking news. Just that so many forget and disregard that as well as act like <deleted> with the belief they own the country and are entitled to soo much.

2. No bored, not insecure and are sleeping very well, thank you. Niether have any problems to live up to the rules and regulation today or any coming ones, as well as a also can adapt and live a decent life with respect for people and how they live and act in their country.

3. No, I have visited about 40-50 different countries and lived for a short while in 5-6 of them.

4. No, I have a lot of experiences of living in different places, visiting a lot of different cultures. One thing, though. I accept them all, without predjudice.

5. It is not something that goes under what´s placed under normal decency, morals and respect by the general masses that comes from their own countries. Or have the digital or have Internet finally managed to erase logical thinking and common knowledge in a part of the human race.

Changing starts with a lot of attention. You can´t say that I am failing there.

Good bye forever. Now ignored.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL, The greater part of the human race is obsessed with sex. Go to almost any movie, watch tv, look at the ads on internet forums, women's magazines/ books are full of it ( romantic love ).

It's so common place that most of us don't even think about it any more.

I can only presume that you spent a day in Pattaya and think that is what all Thailand is like. It's not.

Obsessed with sex? You do know that an obsession is something that almost always considered to fall under mental illness. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, what culture would that be? The one where people are routinely cruel to animals, worship statues of elephants, have mia nois when married, own bars that rent your countrywomen and boys to foreigners, exploit the poor, tolerate the mafia using cripples to beg, use small children to beg, accept a vast difference between the wealthy and the poor?

Do tell.

What is normally called culture and what falls under that does not include the things you mentioned above. It includes the way people refer to each other, greetings and respect as well as the way of the daily life and what is considered beeing a good person in society. Alla the things included as different part of a culture, I am not going to enter. There are good and bad things everywhere, but we do not need this country accepting a constant import of sleezy dumbasses.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Obsessed with sex? You do know that an obsession is something that almost always considered to fall under mental illness. 

What is normally called culture and what falls under that does not include the things you mentioned above. It includes the way people refer to each other, greetings and respect as well as the way of the daily life and what is considered beeing a good person in society. Alla the things included as different part of a culture, I am not going to enter. There are good and bad things everywhere, but we do not need this country accepting a constant import of sleezy dumbasses.

You have the front to talk about "mental illness"....Gawd 'elp us....????

5 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Not really. They respect those who understand proper educate. In the west it is customary that the junor person extend their hand to shake first as a sign of respect. In Thailand its the opposite where the junor person shows respect first.  Of course this is not a hard and fast rule but no one is making a fool of themself (unless they are already a fool). 

Thai usually will not say anything because they don't like to criticize. Its actually against their religious beliefs. If you do it wrong they may make a mental note but usually wont comment. 

"Against religious beliefs" you say, that is nonsense in this day and age.

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:

Thailand rightfully doesn't want you to come here to work and take over.

Not really understanding this. They rightfully don't want people to come here to work and take over? Yes, true. Only cheap labor from surrounding countries.

Anyways, yes, I was a bit over the top yesterday night, agreed. It's because when you say the tiniest thing against something Thai, you get to hear get a brain, get a life or move out. Similar to your post yesterday, which triggered this again ???? Sorry for that.

I've supported and followed a Thai boy through the Thai school system for the past 6-7 years ... I know why the Thais can't speak the simplest basic english ... but instead of addressing and discussing the root of this ... it's get's shifted towards 'accepting the countries culture', or pack your suitcase.

It's not culture, it's the gov who on purpose doesn't want to provide good education to the Thai kids.

A better education would in turn also help to get down the prostitution topic discussed here.

Most Thais don't really care what you expats or Farang Tourists do or how you behave. Thais generally do very little thinking. The ways they deal with their problems reflect on their shallow thinking or no thinking at all. Put forward your argument if you think I am wrong.

After all the Thais themselves don't behave that well do they? They get drunk and fight sometimes killed someone during the fight. They certainly visit prostitutes (only angels don't go to prostitutes ).

They drive while intoxicated and killed many people on the roads.

So what do you think? Are they better than the expats or the farang tourists?

If you are an expat or a farang tourist reading this and you do hold hand of young girl half your age having a nice walk looking around, having a good dinner with your beer you should carry on enjoy what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with that.

However if you get drunk and <deleted> the barman or waiter, oh no! you are making an appointment with the Grim Reaper.

People don't realize the Thais do want you Farang Expats or Farang tourists because they want your money but at the same time they want FACE. Face is a very important cultural thing in thailand. If you ever make a Thai loose face especially in front of their relatives or friends you better pack up and go live somewhere far because your life is in danger.

Because the Thais don't want to loose face- they behave like they don't like you or give an impression they don't like you in doing so they wouldn't feel they are loosing face.

Otherwise it would appear that for a few hundred bahts they are grooving at your feet.

If you give money to some young girls you are helping the poor farmers in the north eastern part of Thailand to buy a tractor for their farmland. It's a good thing you are doing.

"There is no virtue in poverty"

6 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Public education is less than good in many western countries too. Although, I'm not rich I was able to send my children to private primary and high schools. They both went on to government universities. This is also what happens all over Thailand. Every morning and afternoon, I see school vans picking up students to go to various private schools, when the government school is a short walk away. 

Your right about not being able to work, though. There are great resources in the foreign community that could help with English language development. If they allowed us to volunteer a few hours/week they would see big improvement. I had wanted to work with the Thai teacher and develop an after-school voluntary program for English. Not taking away jobs and with no pay, but immigration basically said no. Then they said if I wanted to volunteer, I could do it at the immigration office. The immigration office is two hour drive so I said it was too far for me to go. I know he was trying to help and didn't want me getting in trouble.  He seemed to know how ridiculous this was.

Ok, this now feels as a good basis to discuss this, and to further explain my point of view.

First off, living here, I do highly respect anything related to Thai customs, Thai culture etc.

But I also reserve myself the freedom to keep an open mind, questioning why certain things are as they are, and whether this is something which is oppressed by gov or belongs to the culture of people.

Read this article from Prayut, 3 years ago. We don't need International Teachers, the 'train the trainer program', having Thai's teaching English in all public schools ...

Unfortunately, I can only help 1 boy a little, even if he's not my own kid, but this issue spreads out through all of the Thai kids of the complete nation.

Older people don't speak english, of course not, but when I see a 17 year old girl in a coffee shop not understanding the word coffee, when over the past 4 years the Coffee Shops popped up like mushrooms throughout the whole country, then I think I can question this. 

But instead I get ridiculed and have to pack my suitcase. I'm not really accepting this. I do think that I got my brain on the right spot about this. 

It has nothing to do with respect for the country or culture, but with the gov and elite of this country not providing this. Not only English, the complete public School education system is very poor.

It's all directed to be uniformed, switch off your own thinking, obey and only say yes pee ka/kap. 

The money is there to change this, plenty of it. It just all stuck's on top and doesn't get released on purpose.

And that this 17 year old girl is working in a coffee shop, and not at school getting better education, is overall linked very much to this. 

But the english word 'money' is Thai enough ... that they all understand. It's a vicious circle.

I can't change the things, but I'm also not running around with rose tinted glasses on, through daily life here. 

4 minutes ago, RedPill said:

But instead I get ridiculed and have to pack my suitcase. I'm not really accepting this. I do think that I got my brain on the right spot about this. 

When you choose a username that is a male supremacist term, you must expect a certain amount of ridicule. 

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When you choose a username that is a male supremacist term, you must expect a certain amount of ridicule. 

Oh that's ok, no problem ????  As long as we can discuss the things as they are, even if it's against something Thai.

Also, I think it's quite good to have a redpill mindset when it comes to the ladies here, otherwise you could end up broke faster than you can think, it's more a jokingly chosen kind of nick name more than anything else.

I need to say to the OP, as he views Thailand through his rose tinted sunglasses, that many of his Thai friends will use prostitutes and/or have girlfriends as well as a wife.

Now at least the single, beer drinking chang shirted expats in Pattaya (that you despise so much) have the common decency not to be screwing around behind their wife's back.

So perhaps the next time you are at the Thai version of the Henley regatta you should jump on your soap box and give them a damned good talking to about their outrageous behavior.

After all it makes your job of sermonizing to the rest of the expat community more difficult when they actually behave like Thai men.   

Just now, 55Jay said:

Photo is worth a 1,000. 

You're getting better, though.  At least you didn't feign bewilderment. 

Dosn´t seem to be worth anything. You stole it with the marks left on a stock photo site. See staying in Thailand and can´t afford to buy the rights to use a picture. 

Archived