What happens with people when they enter Thailand?

Matzzon

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

That´s always the comment of a person that are lost for words and lost a discussion. Then we accuse of trolling, and all the other things that we can claim to.

Anyway, thank you for participating this far. ???? 

For the record, I am not defending anything. What I do is try to explain to you that you need to talk in a way they understand. Preferably in their language. It is not them that has to adapt to you. I also explained that it can have with different words and pronounciation of letters, which can be seen exactly like dialects.

two.jpg.7db01a406590482af2aebe5920d9f759.jpg

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Why are you not seeing Thai´s as a part of the general population? The reason I singled out tourists and expats, is that I am a part of them and are ashamed of the behaviour and attitude in this country the so many have.

Naturally I consider Thai´s that are behaving the same way to be doing the wrong thing too.

And that makes it all much better.

''Naturally I consider Thai´s that are behaving the same way to be doing the wrong thing too.''

Well, of course, naturally.

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

You know what, do you think we are stupid or what?

We live here, adopt to the language, learn a few words and sentences every day. I go into many shops and order my stuff in Thai, get it and go back home.

But there are also instances, which I explained, are so completely ignorant from the Thais, that there are no words to defend it.

Another one is going into a shop and get a Mai Mee, no hab ... mod. Followed by another service clerk getting it for you.

These things are real here.

And you come up with stupid things like ...  feeling "Entitled" your english must be understood in a foreign country. 

Sorry man, you got it all from the wrong end.

Your opinion is noted. I am accepted and understood in the Thai society, though and of the Thai population. So ,there you have your direct answer on who is right or wrong.

Still, a foreigner is not a person that should come to other peoples country and complain about the citizens that are entitled to the country. Seems to me that is only the attitude of a non polite and over demanding guest that do not know how to deal with things in the right way. That´s where you have the real wrong end, and usually persons with that attitude sits flat on their <deleted> and complain instead of understading.

7 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

What's this Queensbury Rules BS? In the US we call it man to man or manning up. There are not any phony rules, unless your playing a sport like Football or Rugby, then rules are important. 

These discourses only end up in unending arguments. 

giphy(5).gif

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Still, a foreigner is not a person that should come to other peoples country and complain about the citizens that are entitled to the country. Seems to me that is only the attitude of a non polite and over demanding guest that do not know how to deal with things in the right way.

I give up on you ???? .... continue to live with your head in the clouds

We are not complaining, we are discussing our lives here ... questions some OP's bring up!

You want to start a thread with only rose tinted glasses, hugs, kisses and yes, all great ... or a discussion with real aspects of real life in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Your opinion is noted. I am accepted and understood in the Thai society, though and of the Thai population. So ,there you have your direct answer on who is right or wrong.

Still, a foreigner is not a person that should come to other peoples country and complain about the citizens that are entitled to the country. Seems to me that is only the attitude of a non polite and over demanding guest that do not know how to deal with things in the right way. That´s where you have the real wrong end, and usually persons with that attitude sits flat on their <deleted> and complain instead of understading.

Yes Reverend....????

1 hour ago, RedPill said:

If you wouldn't had said that you lived here for 20 years and I would have to judge only by the questions you are wondering about in your OP, which are all so plain obvious, and your replies throughout this thread ... I would say you have no insight to Thai people and life here at all. 

But since you live here, there is no other way you are either trolling or are completely ignorant.

So, different opinions is something new to you? Just because I do not agree with you, I have to be totally ignorant? Yeah, well it stands for you. According to your rules of engagement, I sincerely hope you now that puts you in the same corner. ???? 

37 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

''Naturally I consider Thai´s that are behaving the same way to be doing the wrong thing too.''

Well, of course, naturally.

Wow, This time you didn´t like the way I was expressing myself. Or was it just the wrong choice of word? Please tell me so I can adjust to your liking.

7 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I give up on you ???? .... continue to live with your head in the clouds

We are not complaining, we are discussing our lives here ... questions some OP's bring up!

You want to start a thread with only rose tinted glasses, hugs, kisses and yes, all great ... or a discussion with real aspects of real life in Thailand?

Still your opinion of real life and real aspects, right? And I have mine.

Yes, we let it be with that. Have a great day. ???? 

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, different opinions is something new to you? Just because I do not agree with you, I have to be totally ignorant?

You are still at a stage being a Thai baptist for all questions ask and see it as a complained. 

You have opened the discussion yourself? And if people say something against your opinion, they are complaining?

Really, even a lot of Thai people with a bit of a brain have agreed that it's silly to not understand the word coffee in a coffee shop.

Only Mr. Matzzon not ????

34 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Still your opinion of real life and real aspects, right? And I have mine.

It's not that my friend & fellow expat ... you take your own liberation and turn other peoples opinions into a 'complain' as you like it.

That's your issue!

So yes, we leave it here for today and get on with our lives having some chit chats and fun communicating with the Thai's around us ????

On 9/3/2019 at 12:02 AM, brokenbone said:

its cheaper here, prostitutes are cheaper

as a function of population percentage

willing to prostitute them self, and

generally lower wages, that dampens the asking price.

you could say a functioning market economy

NOT cheap here any longer only getting 37 to the pound....!!!

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Wow, This time you didn´t like the way I was expressing myself. Or was it just the wrong choice of word? Please tell me so I can adjust to your liking.

This time? It's the first time I have ever addressed you. I often wonder where people like you come from. It's all very strange.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:59 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

For many that was the attraction. To deny it would be silly.

The weather is hot, like many places in the world, the food is just food- does anyone pay large to travel hours in a tube just to eat food?

Thai food is outstanding. One of the best cuisines in the world IMO.

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

It for sure sets the standards for Thailand. When in Rome do as Romans, and so on? 

Ok, I understand. Conquer the country you settle down in. Right, I am sorry. I though evolution of human intelligence had come a little bit further.

At least it explains how you think about the people in this country and how you think you should act and behave in a foreign country.

2 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

This time? It's the first time I have ever addressed you. I often wonder where people like you come from. It's all very strange.

Where I come from? Let´s say like this. At least I wasn´t rejected from that place. 

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, I understand. Conquer the country you settle down in. Right, I am sorry. I though evolution of human intelligence had come a little bit further.

At least it explains how you think about the people in this country and how you think you should act and behave in a foreign country.

If you did not see question mark behind my answer, I can explain it for you here ? Leaves a doubt behind the answer, it can be irony, or just leaving the statement open for thinking what is right or wrong. 

Have a good day sir

17 hours ago, RedPill said:

Ok, now I know what kind of a poster you are! You just love to stir stuff around ????

It's an R ... RRRRoooon .... Ro Ruea. Only the low class, lazy or uneducated say Lon .... Lo Ling. But they all know it.

You have been here for 20 years?

I know Coffee is not a Thai word ... but it's pretty international and if you work in a coffee shop with a huge sign Coffee Shop and you only 

sell coffee, oh well. Not going to argue this with you further ???? Too silly really

Wai'ing little kids and soi dogs in the Makro car park.  They go all in, which can wind up in this disdain for farangs, and whinging about Thai-bashing. 

These odd-balls have convinced themselves they are right.  They're not wrong, not entirely anyway, but the passive aggressive hypocrisy they dish out, is where they go wrong.  Ironically, they are drawn to farang-centric chat sites, like a moth to flame, because they require validation and attention.  They troll their bait because negative attention is still attention, and gives them a platform.  Anticipated resistance makes them feel embattled; a crusading martyr.  Moderating views, flushing out his hypocrisy, bounces off his impervious ego.  All the sudden he can't understand.  Yeah, ok, Khun Hero. :jap:

The 60-year old Thai lady flogging noodles in front of the BigC, however, is an Oracle by birthright.  Toothless grin, she stares vacantly into his hopeful farang eyes as he gazes into the glossy spot on hers - a portal to 1,000s of years of ancient Asian mysteries, knowledge and wisdom.  He's swept away, the things this woman as seen and done, carrying on the ancient traditions, generation to generation.

As he oooo's and ahhhh's about her amazing Mama noodles, don't try telling him her 1,000 yard stare and that glossy spot is just cataracts.  Or that she believes in ghosts, and that Tiger Balm cures pretty much everything, because a 22-year old wisened Monk told her so, for 100 Baht.

image.png.34090a64decf78f637f77f9b9ae38d43.png

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:
5 hours ago, RedPill said:

Don't expect Thai to pronounce thing as you would in English. They are speaking Thai and that's how it's said in Thai. Get a life you're living in Thailand not the UK or US. Different things are pronounced differently in many countries. Get a brain.

???? What are you talking about?

I'm exchanging a light anecdote about us Farangs speaking Thai here ... and the things what I see in real life.

What does it have to do with a brain, or getting a life? Thailand is not the UK?

I'm happy here. And I speak a lot of Thai with the people around me.

I can talk with a buddy over a beer with it, or I can post it here. If I post it here ... people like you and mazzo tell me I don't have a brain, don't respect the country, feeling "entitled" and next can pack my suitcase or what?

What's wrong with you people? Are you serious? 

This is the Farang Pub/Entertainment/expat life subsection! 

I will try this very slowly for you again ... it's getting a bit boring, but pay attention!

Say the word Coffee out loud .... then say the word Kafeee out loud .... every 10 year old can hear that those 2 words are super close and similar to each other! They don't sound like Day & Night, or do they?

Now go to a shop with an english Coffee Shop sign on top.

(A Thai has put it there and that's the sign an employee passes through every day when going to work)

They only sell Kafeeee there. Nothing else.

A guy comes in and orders coffee ... it sounds like the exact only thing they sell there.

What does he want?

Who needs a brain?

????

Why I have to explain this to a Farang, is getting beyond my understanding. 

These are the hurdles you have to go through when you learn and speak Thai. That's all I was saying ... 

... you guys go way way too deep!

18 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

possibly a sober brain

Followed by an attack again ... too simple! 

I log off this thread now, don't know how old you are? Maybe too old.

You grumpy old farts have turned what was a funny anecdote, into something typical Thai Visa Thai baptist stuff ... get a life, get a brain, if you don't like it, go, respect the country ... stupid stuff like that.

Really useless to post anything like this on a forum for bored old man who can't get it up anymore.

22 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

At least not brain dead. Best to go back to you warm beer now. 

Sure Fred, later ... I make it a cold one.

If you think about it, guys who get it up would never complain about having a young girl in their arms in Thailand as the OP did ... you guys just talk <deleted> because you are bored to death. 

You all came here for pussies, but now you can't anymore! That's the only reason why threads like this even exist! And then you take everything around you down, even a simple coffeeshop anecdote.

No man would ever complain about this in their wildest dreams.

Archived