Tourism Minister Phiphat plans foreign trip to study last calls extension

webfact

Foreign 'study trip' =

1) Sightseeing for mia-noi, using taxpayer money

2) Sightseeing for merry band of Somchai cronies, using taxpayer money

3) 5-star accommodation, using taxpayer money

4) Wine and cheese tasting, using taxpayer money

5) Designer brand shopping for mia-noi, using taxpayer money

6) Thai airways business class flights (for mia-noi(s) and merry band of Somchai cronies), using taxpayer money

In summary, a luxury vacation paid for with...you guessed it! - taxpayer money

Actual study and investigative work involved = 0

• Like 2

He should also go to Sydney and visit Kings Cross until 4am......ohhhhh, I forgot: they stopped people entering after 1am about 4-5 years ago after all the drunken brawls and numerous one-punch deaths caused by massive drinking sessions there. Surely there's no risk of that happening in Bangkok.....;-/

• Like 1

I hope this trip will show them that there are other ways to make money from tourists than with noisy (sex) bars at every corner like in Pattaya. 

I suspect you haven’t been to Pattaya for some time.
My apologies IF I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this trip will show them that there are other ways to make money from tourists than with noisy (sex) bars at every corner like in Pattaya. 

25 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I have been living in Pattaya for more than two decades. At the moment I am sitting in my condo because we have bad weather. But why do you think this? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

There are alot of uninformed souls out there who do not know much about that which they profess. Pattaya is a large city, with the best go carting in Thailand, great golf courses, gorgeous areas to the east, good food if you know where to look, good malls, great motorcycle dealers and much more. Granted, there is quite a scene there. But it is easy to live there and never partake of that side of life. 

Sometimes best to just ignore the ninnies.

• Like 1

I have been living in Pattaya for more than two decades. At the moment I am sitting in my condo because we have bad weather. But why do you think this? 

From various different sources, I hear that many bars have closed and the (sex) business is very quiet.
To be honest, I used to visit Pattaya a lot but not in recent times.

Foreign 'study trip' =

1) Sightseeing for mia-noi, using taxpayer money
2) Sightseeing for merry band of Somchai cronies, using taxpayer money
3) 5-star accommodation, using taxpayer money
4) Wine and cheese tasting, using taxpayer money
5) Designer brand shopping for mia-noi, using taxpayer money
6) Thai airways business class flights (for mia-noi(s) and merry band of Somchai cronies), using taxpayer money
In summary, a luxury vacation paid for with...you guessed it! - taxpayer money

Actual study and investigative work involved = 0

Maybe he’s meeting up with a very old family/group that started out of Sicily to get an idea for new tactics for money generation????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

From various different sources, I hear that many bars have closed and the (sex) business is very quiet.
To be honest, I used to visit Pattaya a lot but not in recent times.

There are very many new bars. Especially in Central Pattaya. In respect of the sex business. In Soi 6 were 3 prostitutes. They have been removed as reported in the news recently. So yes - the sex business seems to be over. ????

But many bars don't have a lot of customers. But somehow this was always like this. I am still wondering after all the years here how they survive. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oldhippy said:

For heaven's sake!

Save us the variables and cost benefit analysis.

After all, the guy is only going on an all inclusive holiday with his friends.

Don't like it - Don't read it!

He should also go to Sydney and visit Kings Cross until 4am......ohhhhh, I forgot: they stopped people entering after 1am about 4-5 years ago after all the drunken brawls and numerous one-punch deaths caused by massive drinking sessions there. Surely there's no risk of that happening in Bangkok.....;-/
Australian cities are the most boring ones on this planet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tyrant said:

He seems not very bright, so the Immigration are scaring all tourism out of Thailand and he wants to attract tourism? Or he's low on IQ or just want free holidays in Italy.

While he's there he needs to go to Naples see if they still have the gut in the early 80s this was "off limits"to us sailors he could also check to see if humpty dumpty is still holding the wall up on the road to the base LoL ????

On 9/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, PatOngo said:

Should he not be going to Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi and Mumbai as they were his brainwave tourist targets most recently, or is the shopping in Italy more to his liking?

Well Italy is the perfect example of how Thailand should be!

Real police, strict traffic rules, smoking on terraces allowed, great boulevards and beachroads, cheaper than thailand, very clean sea, very clean lakes, everywhere is safe.....

But there already is an Italy!! And also a Spain! And a Corsica and Portugal! So why would tourists go to Thailand where nobody speaks english and all costs double??

• Like 1