extension non immigrant o in CW

Hello together,

i arrived yesterday (2nd of september) in TH with a single non immigrant visa based on retirement from the thai embassy in germany.

The visa is valid for 90 days. 

I read  that i can extend this visa for 12 month at the immigration in BKK CW but i have to show 800.000 THB in my thai bank account.

I will transfer the amount this week from oversea to my thai bank account. So after i received the 800.000 i have two wait two month, then i can go to CW and apply for 12 month extension

Is my understanding right?

another question. I read also that the 800.000 THB have to stay in my account for a few month after the extension, and then i can withdrawal, but 400.000 THB is the minimum which have to stay at the bank account until my next extension. How is this handled at CW?

Thank you 

You can apply for extension once money is in account 2 months and you have 45 days or under remaining on permitted to stay.  Under new rules the 800k needs to remain in account for 3 months after extension of stay and 400k must always remain in account.  2 months prior to next extension account would again have to be at 800k or more and same cycle repeated.

@lopburi3 

ok, i understand..thank you

one more thing about the new rules...800.000 THB have to stay 3 month after extension and then 400.000 THB.

How will immigration in chaengwattana will enforce this. I have to go to immigration and show my updated bankbook?

I know i have to make a 90 day report, are there asking then also for the bankbook? What happend if i go outside thailand every 90 days,

so no 90 day report is needed?

Anyone has some experience with the procedure?

Thank you

40 minutes ago, ConsulZ said:

@lopburi3 

ok, i understand..thank you

one more thing about the new rules...800.000 THB have to stay 3 month after extension and then 400.000 THB.

How will immigration in chaengwattana will enforce this. I have to go to immigration and show my updated bankbook?

I know i have to make a 90 day report, are there asking then also for the bankbook? What happend if i go outside thailand every 90 days,

so no 90 day report is needed?

Anyone has some experience with the procedure?

Thank you

No one will ask you to show any money when doing the 90 days report. The report is about showing you're staying at the same address.

Your problem will be the >800k in the bank 2 months before applying for the 1 year extension. Normally you apply for the extension 60 days after entering Thailand on the 90 days Non-Immigrant O Visa. This is very important, no money in the bank 2 months before applying, no extension. Concentrate on the money,and they have to come from an international transfer. 

48 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe that is still a question mark.  As are a lot of things at present.

There's no questionmarks about the 1 year extension. The procedure is exactly same as before. The requirements have changed a bit after 3 months,that's all.

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

There's no questionmarks about the 1 year extension. The procedure is exactly same as before. The requirements have changed a bit after 3 months,that's all.

Exactly and that is the question mark?  How it is to be checked and what happens/when.

14 hours ago, ConsulZ said:

I have not heard of any checks being made by CW. We have to wait and see if any checks will be made on the previous year, for a subsequent Extension application.

OP, the requirement of maintaining the 800k for 3 months after and then 400k after that will be checked when you apply for next extension after your first. I think its only couple of imm offices making people report to imm to show bankbook 3 months after extensiin granted. Jomtien imm being one. CW do not require.

sorry one more question come up. My non immigrant o visa is valid 90 days. I arrived in thailand at the 2nd of september, so it is valid untill to the 30th of november. When is the latest date i can go to CW to apply for the 12 month extension?

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ConsulZ said:

When is the latest date i can go to CW to apply for the 12 month extension?

You could apply on the last day if you wanted to but best to do it a least 2 weeks early.

You can apply for the extension up to 45 days early at CW.

ok, thank you...i just want to confirm, as the 800.000 THB come into my bank account next week. So for my understanding the money has to be in my account for two month before extension, so i cant apply for my extension before middle of november. So i have around 14 days left on my visa, which should be ok i hope....