Calling A Uk 0800 Number From Thailand

Mobi

I need to call a UK "0800" number to activate a credit card that was sent to my UK address.

You can't do this using the Int'l and UK country code prefixes -it's blocked and I've tried Skype and that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

If I don't call in the next 3 days, the card will be cancelled.

Thanks

Mobi

I need to call a UK "0800" number to activate a credit card that was sent to my UK address.

You can't do this using the Int'l and UK country code prefixes -it's blocked and I've tried Skype and that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

If I don't call in the next 3 days, the card will be cancelled.

Thanks

Mobi

"Skype out" always works for me for 0800 numbers. Don't forget with Skype you need +44 and then 0800 etc ( leaving the first zero in )

thanks guys - your response prompted me to check the 0080 number.

The idiot in the UK emailed a incorrect number, but I found the right one from my records.

It works fine on Skype and 009. But not on 008.

Thanks again

thanks guys - your response prompted me to check the 0080 number.

The idiot in the UK emailed a incorrect number, but I found the right one from my records.

It works fine on Skype and 009. But not on 008.

Thanks again

Another tip for you, If you have any UK numbers starting with for example 0845 & 0870 for what are classified as local and nationwide call rate codes you can usually get the alternative normal number from www.saynoto0870.com. Usually 0845 & 0870 codes don't work outside the UK. It is also somewhat cheaper to use the normal number.

Pardon my ignorance, but oo 9 44 rather than oo 1 44? Could it be as cheap as that to reduce my phone bills? 9 rather than the 1 in the ;middle?

thank you

Leisurely

Use 009 on your mobile, and 008 on your land line...e.g. to call the UK..009 44 xxxxxx or 008 44 xxxxx

the cost is about 9baht/minute for both services.

If you are online, and using Firefox, then download JAJAH....then you can use your mobile OR landline to make very cheap calls to almost any other 'phone in the world...costs are given in cents(US)...are very low,and you can buy credit using a credit card...I have used it, and the voice quality was excellent.

Edited by ronw

Pardon my ignorance, but oo 9 44 rather than oo 1 44? Could it be as cheap as that to reduce my phone bills? 9 rather than the 1 in the ;middle?

thank you

Leisurely

Use 009 on your mobile, and 008 on your land line...e.g. to call the UK..009 44 xxxxxx or 008 44 xxxxx

the cost is about 9baht/minute for both services.

If you are online, and using Firefox, then download JAJAH....then you can use your mobile OR landline to make very cheap calls to almost any other 'phone in the world...costs are given in cents(US)...are very low,and you can buy credit using a credit card...I have used it, and the voice quality was excellent.

I have used 008 from land line and mobiles for years, Bangkok & Pattaya. The price is 7 Baht a minute from either. and I have the bills to prove it.

I believe 009 is the same rate.

From this thread I now know that 009 a connects to UK 0800 numbers, but 008 doesn't.

The 001 number prefix, costs from memory, around 17 - 18 Baht per minute.

I also use Skype out which costs next to nothing. Buy 10 quid of credit and it lasts forever. BTW a tip is to buy through a credit card with a Thai address (if you have one) and you can avoid EU Vat - so it's even cheaper.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

The following Skype Out number ranges are free to call: +44 500, +44 800, +44 808. Skype Out puts you in the destination country as if you are calling from there, for certain countries ;-)

Yep, 009 is still 7-baht per minute and the 001 could be even more than 18 now?