ED visa situation

Guys, may be anyone can suggest what will be the best to do.

I have 4 back to back TR visa in my passport and have all documents for a ED visa. At Savannaket embassy a woman, checked a documents (all was fine), then looked at passport and said that i been in Thailand more than 90 days on TR visa, so i cant get an ED visa here. And gave me documents back.

I read somewhere here earlier (

) about that issue. So, my question is, can i try another embassy? Lets say Vientiane first, Ho Chi Minh. Or may be even Malasya, a places like Kota Baru?

Will it be different?

Appreciate yr advise, guys.

You could be refused to entre Thailand, even with your ED Visa in your passport! 4 back to back TR Visa could give you already some problems.

Advise, see a reputable Visa Spesialized Firm and let the professionals guide you.

Best of luck????

Vietnam very likely to be refused. I was refused ED visa two weeks ago.

You were lucky in Laos that they refused your application - that means you still have your documents and no void stamp in your passport.

In Ho Chi Minh they are happy to charge you 80 USD, then keep all the documents in exchange for a beautiful void stamp ????

I am sorry I cannot advise you where to go; it has tightened up a lot.

2 minutes ago, cerox said:

The few pages with the embassy address - school can change quickly.

But finding an embassy with your passport - difficult.

So my only advise based on my recent experience, do not even think about the consulates in Vietnam.

Thank u, mate. Appreciate.

I was thinking that Vientiane probably will be the same as Savannaket, isnt it? So, the options seems like Yangon or Malaysia. Penang or Kota Baru?

I think the same way in the current Immigration climate.

The best chance would be a new passport, which is not issued by the embassy of your country in Thailand. For that all the documents have to be changed and then submitted at your home countries Thai embassy. This gives you a clean slate for your home countries embassy.

Whether you can enter Thailand after that, different ball game, since they have all your history, no matter of you passport number.

You have to decide for yourself if it is worth the effort. I had a very similar situation - I decided it is much less effort to not live here and just visit occasionally.  Otherwise think about buying Elite if you want to live here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 3421abc said:

I was denied at HCMC a few yrs ago for an ED visa as well. You MUST change passports, get a fresh passport and you should not have a problem getting an Ed Visa. And use a land border to come back into Thailand *NOT POIPET

I am well aware of your experience and others recently. Was it your second ed visa application.

Also how do you suggest border crossing from Saigon to Thailand. Lovely trip that would be.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, cerox said:

I think the same way in the current Immigration climate.

The best chance would be a new passport, which is not issued by the embassy of your country in Thailand. For that all the documents have to be changed and then submitted at your home countries Thai embassy. This gives you a clean slate for your home countries embassy.

Whether you can enter Thailand after that, different ball game, since they have all your history, no matter of you passport number.

Does changing new passports work anymore , considering that they have implemented the new fingerprinting tech?

You still have the same fingerprint recorded by Thai immigration,.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Does changing new passports work anymore , considering that they have implemented the new fingerprinting tech?

You still have the same fingerprint recorded by Thai immigration,.

Thai Immigration and the consulates, at the current time, use completely separate computer systems, and cannot see each other's data. Some people in a position to know have stated that there are plans to connect the Immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs systems but, until that happens, fingerprinting is irrelevant as far as applications for visas is concerned.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Thai Immigration and the consulates, at the current time, use completely separate computer systems, and cannot see each other's data. Some people in a position to know have stated that there are plans to connect the Immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs systems but, until that happens, fingerprinting is irrelevant as far as applications for visas is concerned.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35725/video-fingerprint-and-facial-recognition-now-scanning-passengers-at-don-mueang-airport

The system will help combat people entering Thailand using counterfeit passports, as well as potentially stopping those who have already been blacklisted from re-entering using new passports. 

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:
3 hours ago, BritTim said:

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35725/video-fingerprint-and-facial-recognition-now-scanning-passengers-at-don-mueang-airport

The system will help combat people entering Thailand using counterfeit passports, as well as potentially stopping those who have already been blacklisted from re-entering using new passports. 

I am not disputing that Immigration has implemented such a system. Immigration does not issue visas at consulates. Once you have your visa, there is an issue at some entry points into Thailand that Immigration might abrogate your visa. It is appropriate to be aware of the entry points where you are in danger of this happening, and the crossings that (historically at least) can be relied upon to honour your visa.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I am well aware of your experience and others recently. Was it your second ed visa application.

Also how do you suggest border crossing from Saigon to Thailand. Lovely trip that would be.

Went back from Saigon with my wife not long ago. Took a bus from Saigon to Pnonh Pen. Then a plane to Siem Riep. Spent some time there then got a private taxi to Ban Laem border. 

Edited by Tayaout

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not impossible to make that quite a "lovely" trip if you have some time to spare. Take a bus from Saigon to Phnom Penh, stay in Phnom Penh for a night (or a few days), bus to Ko Kong, cross into Thailand at Had Lek (sleepy and friendly), visit Trat or Ko Chang while you're there, then finally another bus or a flight to Bangkok.